Forums / Games / Halo Wars: Definitive Edition

PC Population is dead, 343 won't add cross play.

OP Enratic

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
This thread is one of vacuous grandiloquence and fallacious relativism. The horse is dead. Let it rot. Lock the thread.
This thread is one of vacuous grandiloquence and fallacious relativism. The horse is dead. Let it rot. Lock the thread.
Yea I stopped replying to it myself, 343 won't really listen to us so why bother any longer.
Microsoft just needs to release the game on Steam... Then you can watch the population explode.
RTS is the domain of the PC. And the majority of PC gamers are on Steam. Love Steam. And only use Steam. - There is 150 - 200 million Steam gamers verses the Xbox One's 30 million.
Microsoft isn't big in the PC gaming market, they never have (Games for Windows Live) and never will. (Universal Windows Platform.) - Because they keep making stupid decisions that alienate their customers.
Case in point, Fable 3 is no longer on Steam because Microsoft doesn't wish to sell any more copies so hasn't provided Valve with more keys, what kind of business justify's turning away money and consumers like that? Microsoft. That's who.
Hopefully with the full release the game picks up, but considering how poorly Xbox One games have been performing compared to the Xbox 360's counterpart, don't get your hopes up.
Hopefully Microsoft also supports Halo Wars 2 longer than 6 months like with the first game, kinda' leaves a bad taste in your mouth when a company won't support their own product and foster it's community over a decent amount of time.
Shame that 343i/Microsoft don't pay attention to the forums, they could learn a thing or two.

Microsoft needs to bring Halo: Spartan Strike to Xbox as well. The only Halo Game not to be on Xbox is silly.
If they add keyboard and mouse support on Xbox one, like they are planning, it should be fair for both audiences to add cross platform for more players
Crossplay would be nice, but remember that Halo wars, while still a good game, isn't well known and has a lot of people who hate it solely because its a halo game that's not an FPS. Also the PC version is in early access right now, so only the people who bought the HW2 definitive edition have it, so there isn't going to be a lot of people who own the game right now, too early to call it dead.
Enratic wrote:
Quote:
Someone playing with a controller can beat someone playing with a mouse and keyboard. No one denies that. However, if both players are of equal skill, the PC player will be favored. Your anecdotal evidence falls flat when you compare the highest possible APM on console RTSs to PC RTSs.
Yea this isn't command & conquer, a game that has great PC controls. Halo Wars controls on keyboard and mouse are not that great. It feels like trying to play an emulator of the Xbox 360 game and having to use extremely weird key binds to get your camera around and it doesn't move as smooth as the controller. It takes time to get used to keyboard/mouse of course but it is still not as much as of an advantage as everyone is making it out to be.

Go play Halo Wars DE on PC with keyboard and mouse and tell me how it feels.
It feels pretty good IMO
Another reason it is dead is people like me who only pre-ordered a few days ago so we have yet to even get a key.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3