Forums / Games / Halo Wars: Definitive Edition

This doesn't make any sense, 343i

OP Xondal

I have bought physical copy of Halo Wars and have played it off and on on my Xbox One. Why is it that I have to pay to download the same game I've already bought again in order to play with my Xbox One friends? It only works with my friends who have added me on the Xbox 360 and bought the physical copy as well.

Thanks.
You should still be able to play with others on the Xbox One that have the backwards compatible title, but you can't play with Definitive edition players I believe as that is classed as a separate game
stckrboy wrote:
You should still be able to play with others on the Xbox One that have the backwards compatible title, but you can't play with Definitive edition players I believe as that is classed as a separate game
Correct! The Definitive Edition is considered a separate game from the Xbox 360 Halo Wars version. Hopefully that answers your question :)
stckrboy wrote:
Correct! The Definitive Edition is considered a separate game from the Xbox 360 Halo Wars version. Hopefully that answers your question :)
All' version is for two console