Forums / Games / Halo Wars: Definitive Edition

What if i told you making a scarab makes u a noob?

OP RAGEQUIT U JOKE

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
HYv47 wrote:
Kivell wrote:
You all sound like whiny babies. Scarab "rush" isn't a thing. If you are farting around long enough for someone to build a scarab, then you aren't very good at scouting or Macro-ing your units. I would counter with, if you cannot counter or stop a Scarab "rush", that makes you a noob.
I don't think that is what OP is saying. He is saying people build scarabs and just waste em right away and then continue to build them and be stupid with them.

And I agree entirely.
If a player continues to build and loose scarabs, chances are that his teammates are uncooperative noobs who were too slow and inefficient to build an army and then too coward to attack once they had it.
PIX24 wrote:
HYv47 wrote:
Kivell wrote:
You all sound like whiny babies. Scarab "rush" isn't a thing. If you are farting around long enough for someone to build a scarab, then you aren't very good at scouting or Macro-ing your units. I would counter with, if you cannot counter or stop a Scarab "rush", that makes you a noob.
I don't think that is what OP is saying. He is saying people build scarabs and just waste em right away and then continue to build them and be stupid with them.

And I agree entirely.
If a player continues to build and loose scarabs, chances are that his teammates are uncooperative noobs who were too slow and inefficient to build an army and then too coward to attack once they had it.
Well in some cases that can be true. But the same can also be said for the player who is constantly building scarabs which take a large amount of resources to make. And having them all die. The scarab maker could simply just stop building scarabs and build an effective army instead.
Kivell wrote:
Exactly this ha ha
Kivell wrote:
I've seen 2 forges slingshot a prophet to getting a scarab in 3 minutes. It is a thing, but it doesn't happen that often.
This sounds utterly terrifying...and cheap lol
Ye scarab just runs through everything.
"Scarab" and "rush" shouldn't ever be in the same sentence.
Kivell wrote:
Agreed. Nothing about a scarab build is a rush. You should know it's coming and have time to build up units if you're scouting like you should.
If you are farting around long enough for someone to build a scarab, then you aren't very good at scouting or Macro-ing your units.
Tired of joining game after game where people only build scarabs. Thats not a strategy, and if it is one, its a strategy that takes zero skill. IMO it makes the game less fun for everyone including your team mates.
I was just in a game where (big surprise) my team mate chose covenant and only built a scarab THE ENTIRE TIME, even after his 1st two died, smh
People that make scarabs always rush bases by themselves and act like their helping. That NEVER helps your team mates when their getting rushed by two peoples ENTIRE armies together in 3v3. You know, like a team is supposed to play together.
I just don't see the skill. Everyone knows how to sit and not play for 10 minutes while you get enough for a scarab, then you climb over the mountains and repeat what has been done every game since it released on 360.
Except back on 360 you could choose to only play with good ranked people, and good ranked people don't rush with a scarab 100% of the time on every map in every game.
The problem is people rarely use them to help their own team mates, and being on the opposing team killing another scarab just gets old.
Knowing the right time to bring a scarab in the game makes you a really good player.
Only knowing how to make a scarab doesn't and makes every round extremely repetitive and boring.
To the point where i literally feel the need to message people and be like , "hey if you're just going to scarab rush tell me now so i can actually have a fun game with someone else"
I really hope halo wars 2 brings new mechanics to counter the same repetitive "strategies" that people do when playing
They probably are not worrying about skill they just wanna feel BA

EDIT: Wait you think people can rush with a scarab? You might wanna think about that...
I know people are in straight up denial about their scarab "skills". As you said, The problem isn't being rushed because we can deal with a warthog rush all day (which takes an equally low amount of skill and just gets boring and repetitive to counter) The problem is the same scarab rush over and over again, and those same people not knowing how/when to do anything else. It just kills the game. I'm out here messaging people too just looking for people who actually know how to play the game. Hopefully this will change in Halo Wars 2. Or hopefully the noobs will get bored and actually learn how to play like men haha.
Or you could actually use strategy to destroy said scarabs. Isn't that the point of a strategy game?
Scarabs are just a waste of space
As powerful as a scarab is its not the best move if you're going to get a early attack it's more of a last resort kinda thing
Building Scarabs doesn't really make you a noob, there are plenty of ways to take out scarabs, from cobra formations, to vulture barrages, and if they try to rush a scarab with engineers one cryo bomb from Anders takes away the threat (cryo bombs instagib all flying units minus the vulture). Just because someone uses a tactic that works for them doesn't mean they are a bad player. Just use a different tactic to shut them down. Halo Wars is surprisingly well balanced once you learn to use the right units and strategies.
Tired of joining game after game where people only build scarabs. Thats not a strategy, and if it is one, its a strategy that takes zero skill. IMO it makes the game less fun for everyone including your team mates.
I was just in a game where (big surprise) my team mate chose covenant and only built a scarab THE ENTIRE TIME, even after his 1st two died, smh
People that make scarabs always rush bases by themselves and act like their helping. That NEVER helps your team mates when their getting rushed by two peoples ENTIRE armies together in 3v3. You know, like a team is supposed to play together.
I just don't see the skill. Everyone knows how to sit and not play for 10 minutes while you get enough for a scarab, then you climb over the mountains and repeat what has been done every game since it released on 360.
Except back on 360 you could choose to only play with good ranked people, and good ranked people don't rush with a scarab 100% of the time on every map in every game.
The problem is people rarely use them to help their own team mates, and being on the opposing team killing another scarab just gets old.
Knowing the right time to bring a scarab in the game makes you a really good player.
Only knowing how to make a scarab doesn't and makes every round extremely repetitive and boring.
To the point where i literally feel the need to message people and be like , "hey if you're just going to scarab rush tell me now so i can actually have a fun game with someone else"
I really hope halo wars 2 brings new mechanics to counter the same repetitive "strategies" that people do when playing
Welcome to player pub matches in an RTS.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3