1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What leader do you normally play as?

When I first bought the game, I spent some time with each (UNSC) leader. First Anders, then Forge, and finally Cutter. I really love dropping ODSTs, so I usually go with Cutter. However, Anders' Hawks are a lot of fun to use and I enjoy going with her from time to time. I don't ever play as the Covenant, though. Just not my thing.

What about you?
I haven't played in a very long time, but I remember always enjoying The Prophet. I think it's mostly attributed to my fascination with the Covenant.
As an experienced Halo Wars player, I can safely say that Anders is my all-time favorite leader.
Her passive abilities, such as cheaper unit upgrades and faster production time, in addition to her Gremlin unit, make her very deadly in all phases of the game.
I'm a Brute main, but I recently made a 2nd account specifically for learning Anders, who is undoubtedly the best leader in the game.

Generally, the way the game is balanced is:
Brute < Arby, Cutter, Forge
Arby < UNSC
Prophet < Covies
Forge = terrible
Cutter < Forge, Prophet
Anders < everyone but Arby

So If you master both Brute and Anders, you can never be put into a bad match-up.
As an experienced Halo Wars player, I can safely say that Anders is my all-time favorite leader.
Her passive abilities, such as cheaper unit upgrades and faster production time, in addition to her Gremlin unit, make her very deadly in all phases of the game.
I forgot about the cheaper units and faster production times. That came in handy for sure. I liked how convenient she was.
I really like using the Arbiter. Using the rage glitch and cheesing new bases is always a fun thing to do.
Cutter is one of my favorites, ODSTs obviously and elephant rushes are fun, already upgraded bases is nice too
i Personally like to play as the Prophet of regret. beaming down my teammates bases while receiving tons of hatemail just never gets old.
i Personally like to play as the Prophet of regret. beaming down my teammates bases while receiving tons of hatemail just never gets old.
I remember those beams. I hated it, lol.
Cutter is one of my favorites, ODSTs obviously and elephant rushes are fun, already upgraded bases is nice too
Yeah, I loved dropping ODSTs. That was my favorite.
I always pick Professor Anders as my leader if I get to chose. That's who I play the best with. I never play as a Covenant leader, but I love to play against them. The Hawk is amazing, the research time is very helpful, and the Cryo bomb is always helpful if a conquest on an enemy base fails and I need to pull my troops out in case of pursuing enemy units. One fault in my strategy is that I overcompensate, so overcompensation takes less time because of the decreased research time for tech.
Cutter was mine, the elephant was so much fun.
I would always pull the 'Cutter tactic': At the start of a round build a Elephant, drive it into enemy territory, park it near an enemy base, place its rally flag at the enemy base & pour guys out the elephant.
They'd never see it coming.
i normaly used to train the max. of each one unit e.g max g scorpions and kill every thing
Anders or the Arbiter, even though the Brute Chieftain is probably the coolest leader in the game.
Arbiter
These are my favorite in order
1. Regret
2. Arby
3. Brute Chieftain
4. Anders
5. Forge
6. Cutter
I love Forge, but I am also not very good at Halo Wars, so that's not saying much.
I'm a Brute main, but I recently made a 2nd account specifically for learning Anders, who is undoubtedly the best leader in the game.

Arby < UNSC
Prophet < Covies
Forge = terrible
Cutter < Forge, Prophet

So If you master both Brute and Anders, you can never be put into a bad match-up.
What playlist is this referring to? If it's 1v1 that's really far off because Forge is generally better than every covenant and cutter in most maps. Also Anders beats everything in 1s at the highest level, even arbiter.
iApathy x wrote:

Arby < UNSC
Prophet < Covies
Forge = terrible
Cutter < Forge, Prophet

What playlist is this referring to? If it's 1v1 that's really far off because Forge is generally better than every covenant and cutter in most maps. Also Anders beats everything in 1s at the highest level, even arbiter.
I can see Forge beating Brute on some maps, but Arby? I don't think I've ever seen that done.
iApathy x wrote:

Arby < UNSC
Prophet < Covies
Forge = terrible
Cutter < Forge, Prophet

I can see Forge beating Brute on some maps, but Arby? I don't think I've ever seen that done.
Arbiter has to rely on banshees vs a forge in 1s. Wraiths don't cut it because you can't efficiently micro and rage vs a forges economical output to just double pump endless canny. Wraiths are more of a counter towards Anders hogs and low economy transition into tanks. So here is why forge beats an arbiter. On BG the hooks allow forge to get a quick tech 3 and build wolves even when initially going hogs/infantry. His early heavy pads support a double pump of infantry for hook spamming and control if he chooses for that map. This is exactly what happens on chasms also. Forge grabs money hook and forge force feeds infantry at the Arbys base(chasms). It's more efficient to spam the infantry and lose it for forge than it is to constantly rage and not be able to produce units for the arbiter. Pirth Outskirts is an unwinable map for the arbiter in every match up, you can't win at the highest level no matter what unless you get away with some wack strategy such as T1 steal the opposition's reactor and que 2 locus sac temple and spam ghosts. Or Temple first cheese expo etc. In fact UNSC runs pirth even a brute struggles vs forge on a single base. Tundra and release are the only good Arby matchups vs Forge. Even then a great forge player will clear all expansions on release and 2 or 3 on tundra to keep you checking and buy time for them to get tech 3. You can hold a forge to one base all game but if you don't catch hogs or get some pressure on their main base they'll have enough wolves or gauss to forcefully make a dbomb push somewhere or defensively hold an expansion (and if the expansions succeeds the Arby will lose).

What a lot of people don't understand about the arbiter in 1s is that he alone cannot win and raging is almost always a negative economical output. The only way arbiter' s win is when they can slowly build up an army overtime by not losing units and not having to rage. You keep an arbiter raging he won't have units, and forges heavies and ability to spam units keeps the arbiter down from ever building anything up. The illusion that arbiter is a good leader in 1s is because everyone tries to hide units from the arbiter or split things around the map in chunks afraid everything will get raged down when in reality it's a happy medium trade off. By not engaging and forcing an arbiter to rage around you allow him to build up an army. So you have to spam and keep him on his toes raging around while you clear expos(Apply to non hook maps). Hook maps an arbiter should never win.
iApathy x wrote:
iApathy x wrote:

Arby < UNSC
Prophet < Covies
Forge = terrible
Cutter < Forge, Prophet

Arbiter has to rely on banshees vs a forge in 1s. Wraiths don't cut it because you can't efficiently micro and rage vs a forges economical output to just double pump endless canny. Wraiths are more of a counter towards Anders hogs and low economy transition into tanks. So here is why forge beats an arbiter. On BG the hooks allow forge to get a quick tech 3 and build wolves even when initially going hogs/infantry. His early heavy pads support a double pump of infantry for hook spamming and control if he chooses for that map. This is exactly what happens on chasms also. Forge grabs money hook and forge force feeds infantry at the Arbys base(chasms). It's more efficient to spam the infantry and lose it for forge than it is to constantly rage and not be able to produce units for the arbiter. Pirth Outskirts is an unwinable map for the arbiter in every match up, you can't win at the highest level no matter what unless you get away with some wack strategy such as T1 steal the opposition's reactor and que 2 locus sac temple and spam ghosts. Or Temple first cheese expo etc. In fact UNSC runs pirth even a brute struggles vs forge on a single base. Tundra and release are the only good Arby matchups vs Forge. Even then a great forge player will clear all expansions on release and 2 or 3 on tundra to keep you checking and buy time for them to get tech 3. You can hold a forge to one base all game but if you don't catch hogs or get some pressure on their main base they'll have enough wolves or gauss to forcefully make a dbomb push somewhere or defensively hold an expansion (and if the expansions succeeds the Arby will lose).

What a lot of people don't understand about the arbiter in 1s is that he alone cannot win and raging is almost always a negative economical output. The only way arbiter' s win is when they can slowly build up an army overtime by not losing units and not having to rage. You keep an arbiter raging he won't have units, and forges heavies and ability to spam units keeps the arbiter down from ever building anything up. The illusion that arbiter is a good leader in 1s is because everyone tries to hide units from the arbiter or split things around the map in chunks afraid everything will get raged down when in reality it's a happy medium trade off. By not engaging and forcing an arbiter to rage around you allow him to build up an army. So you have to spam and keep him on his toes raging around while you clear expos(Apply to non hook maps). Hook maps an arbiter should never win.
Yeah, Forge winning on hook maps makes sense. How terrible Arby is on most maps is why I don't play him very often. Still, he will beat any UNSC on Tundra. I've been told that that's his best map.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2