Forums / Games / Halo Wars: Definitive Edition

Windows Store Halo Wars Customers Got Scammed.

OP MackanMygga

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
If you buy the windows 10 version, I'm pretty sure that you also get the xbox one version too because of their whole available anywhere thing.
You do.. But. I don't own an Xbox One. I bought it on PC, because i wanted to play it on my PC. lol.
If you buy the windows 10 version, I'm pretty sure that you also get the xbox one version too because of their whole available anywhere thing.
You do.. But. I don't own an Xbox One. I bought it on PC, because i wanted to play it on my PC. lol.
Two possibilities:
1. they want to force us to buy a steam version.
2. they want to force us to buy an xbox one.

But what really happened is that the store and the pa-program are highly endangered.
We can only hope, that the other developers stay smarter (devs like TC, IG and so on) - Otherwise it will end very fast.
If you buy the windows 10 version, I'm pretty sure that you also get the xbox one version too because of their whole available anywhere thing.
You do.. But. I don't own an Xbox One. I bought it on PC, because i wanted to play it on my PC. lol.
Two possibilities:
1. they want to force us to buy a steam version.
2. they want to force us to buy an xbox one.

But what really happened is that the store and the pa-program are highly endangered.
We can only hope, that the other developers stay smarter (devs like TC, IG and so on) - Otherwise it will end very fast.
First they wanted to bait people into getting windows 10. If people did, then they'd buy Halo on Windows Store. Then they get screwed over, and Microsoft release the steam version. Then they get the steam version. And all is good for them in that Halo game. And they still gain money even if people were not to get windows 10. As they later release the games on steam for windows 7 - 10.

Then Microsoft release their next halo game. Which, once again. Will release first on windows store. And I'm sure some will make the same mistake twice. To buy it on windows store, instead of waiting for the steam version. And if they do that. They will get screwed over again. And at this point they're so tired of all of these complications, so they just end up getting an Xbox One instead. As even if the Xbox One require Xbox Live. And it's over priced. At least it works. As with most console to PC ports. There are a lot of complications and the game just doesn't work, and sometimes you have to struggle with it yourself to get it to work. Cause the developers doesn't care to fix it. Like Halo: 5 Forge for Windows 10. People have been crying over all of the issues with the game for over half a year now. The developers haven't said a word about it to this day.
You know what the bigger scam for me is? That there is a bug in MP for some play anywhere owners that stops Mutliplayer from working on Xbone OR PC. I've bought a game I can't play!
count023 wrote:
You know what the bigger scam for me is? That there is a bug in MP for some play anywhere owners that stops Mutliplayer from working on Xbone OR PC. I've bought a game I can't play!
Yeah. And don't expect a fix for it. First time I've heard of this issue.
count023 wrote:
You know what the bigger scam for me is? That there is a bug in MP for some play anywhere owners that stops Mutliplayer from working on Xbone OR PC. I've bought a game I can't play!
Yeah. And don't expect a fix for it. First time I've heard of this issue.
Been around since Feb 22 if you check the DE bug forum. It just throws up "unable to maintain online session" for certain profiles who try to log into MP for PC or Bone, but you can literally switch profile on the same console immediately and get right into a lobby.
coip wrote:
A standalone version of Halo Wars: DE didn't exist in the Windows 10 Store until a few days ago too, so it's no surprise the population before then was low (as only people who had bought the Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition had access to it, and many of them were likely playing Halo Wars 2 instead). The population on the Windows 10 Store might increase a little bit now that it's got a standalone release in the Windows 10 Store. What they should really do is bring keyboard and mouse to Xbox One and allow cross-play with the Windows 10 version, with separate playlists by input type (so controller users don't have to play against keyboard and mouse users).

They also should stop releasing their games on Steam. It's a shortsighted move that undermines their own Windows 10 Store. As others said, PC gamers are not going to use the Windows 10 Store if they think that the game they want will just come to Steam later on. Microsoft was foolish to release Halo Wars: DE on Steam, but the Windows 10 Store can still be salvaged if that's the end of it. If they release Halo Wars 2 there and other first-party games, though, they'll kill any chance the Store has at being successful. Personally, I have no interest in the Steam monopoly and would prefer the Windows 10 Store become a competitor, so I hope Microsoft stops undermining themselves.
How exactly are they foolish to release the game on steam? The money still goes to Microsoft in the end.

Also. Even if they did stop releasing the games on steam. Very few. If not close to no one, would commit to using windows store. Most PC gamers are refusing the buy games from windows store, for the sole fact that it's from windows store. it's that bad.

If they actually decided to make the Windows store pleasant, and user friendly, and allow it for all versions of windows. Then I'm sure their Windows Gaming idea would actually work really well.

But really. All they need to do is give steam keys to Halo Wars: DE owners, and make the game cross play between windows store and steam. Also make the Windows Store version support windows 7 - 10. And make Windows Store available for all versions of Windows. As it's not called Windows 10 store. it's called Windows Store.

But.. Then they can't resell a superior version of the game on steam later. So they won't. And it's very much superior. Sure it has the same content. To an extent. i mean on steam it has more players, meaning you get to experience the multiplayer, which you would not get to do on windows store. But as i said before.
The steam version.. Well, for starters. It's on steam. But it also supports windows 7 - 10. While the windows store version only supports windows 10. Which is the biggest reason the game has no players. Most PC gamers hate windows 10.
"How exactly are they foolish..." Short-term pain for long-term gain. They stand to make way more money from a successful Windows 10 Store than they ever would from releasing their games on competing platforms. There is a reason they don't release their Xbox One games on PS4. That reason applies to Steam as well.

"Most PC gamers hate Windows 10" The majority of Steam gamers are on Windows 10.
I must agree concerning the Ultimate Edition owners. I paid 90 € for Halo Wars 2 and the Definite Edition of the first game but I can’t play with my mates who don’t have Windows 10…

I doubt it, but if there really is a technical reason then simply be so nice and give me a code for the Steam version.
coip wrote:
coip wrote:
A standalone version of Halo Wars: DE didn't exist in the Windows 10 Store until a few days ago too, so it's no surprise the population before then was low (as only people who had bought the Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition had access to it, and many of them were likely playing Halo Wars 2 instead). The population on the Windows 10 Store might increase a little bit now that it's got a standalone release in the Windows 10 Store. What they should really do is bring keyboard and mouse to Xbox One and allow cross-play with the Windows 10 version, with separate playlists by input type (so controller users don't have to play against keyboard and mouse users).

They also should stop releasing their games on Steam. It's a shortsighted move that undermines their own Windows 10 Store. As others said, PC gamers are not going to use the Windows 10 Store if they think that the game they want will just come to Steam later on. Microsoft was foolish to release Halo Wars: DE on Steam, but the Windows 10 Store can still be salvaged if that's the end of it. If they release Halo Wars 2 there and other first-party games, though, they'll kill any chance the Store has at being successful. Personally, I have no interest in the Steam monopoly and would prefer the Windows 10 Store become a competitor, so I hope Microsoft stops undermining themselves.
How exactly are they foolish to release the game on steam? The money still goes to Microsoft in the end.

Also. Even if they did stop releasing the games on steam. Very few. If not close to no one, would commit to using windows store. Most PC gamers are refusing the buy games from windows store, for the sole fact that it's from windows store. it's that bad.

If they actually decided to make the Windows store pleasant, and user friendly, and allow it for all versions of windows. Then I'm sure their Windows Gaming idea would actually work really well.

But really. All they need to do is give steam keys to Halo Wars: DE owners, and make the game cross play between windows store and steam. Also make the Windows Store version support windows 7 - 10. And make Windows Store available for all versions of Windows. As it's not called Windows 10 store. it's called Windows Store.

But.. Then they can't resell a superior version of the game on steam later. So they won't. And it's very much superior. Sure it has the same content. To an extent. i mean on steam it has more players, meaning you get to experience the multiplayer, which you would not get to do on windows store. But as i said before.
The steam version.. Well, for starters. It's on steam. But it also supports windows 7 - 10. While the windows store version only supports windows 10. Which is the biggest reason the game has no players. Most PC gamers hate windows 10.
"How exactly are they foolish..." Short-term pain for long-term gain. They stand to make way more money from a successful Windows 10 Store than they ever would from releasing their games on competing platforms. There is a reason they don't release their Xbox One games on PS4. That reason applies to Steam as well.

"Most PC gamers hate Windows 10" The majority of Steam gamers are on Windows 10.
Indeed. But they still hate windows 10. It has it's good perks. But it's annoying perks too.

And as i said. People are choosing not to use the windows 10 store. They hate it. Because it's bad. So in no way would they earn more money by keeping it exclusive to windows store. People would not use it anyway.

And i mean.. It's not like Microsoft needs to money they earn from Halo on PC. Putting it on PC was probably just to widen the franchise. And to get people on PC to try it out. Like it. But then hate it because it's really bad on PC. So they get an Xbox Instead. Because that's how we all feel here on PC. It would just be better to get an Xbox One instead. As it's clearly not gonna get any better on PC.
I disagree with you slightly on this point, though I agree wholeheartedly with everything else:

"As we all know, population for Halo on PC on the windows store are very low.

Halo: 5 Forge - 30~ Players
Halo Wars: 2 - 100~ Players
Halo Wars: Definitive Edition - 0 players.

And why is this? Because it's Windows 10 Exclusive. Simply are not enough people on Windows 10 who are interested in Halo. And Microsoft knew this."

Its not that people on Windows 10 are not interested in Halo games. Far from it. We are simply not interested in the ones being provided. AKA Non FPS versions of the game. But I am as well extremely upset that there was not a way to cross play with the Steam version.
I disagree with you slightly on this point, though I agree wholeheartedly with everything else:

"As we all know, population for Halo on PC on the windows store are very low.

Halo: 5 Forge - 30~ Players
Halo Wars: 2 - 100~ Players
Halo Wars: Definitive Edition - 0 players.

And why is this? Because it's Windows 10 Exclusive. Simply are not enough people on Windows 10 who are interested in Halo. And Microsoft knew this."

Its not that people on Windows 10 are not interested in Halo games. Far from it. We are simply not interested in the ones being provided. AKA Non FPS versions of the game. But I am as well extremely upset that there was not a way to cross play with the Steam version.
Perhaps. We'll see. Halo 5 Forge did have a lot of players at launch, and launch of custom game browser. But then Microsoft never fixed the game and let it die. So i suppose there is interest in FPS Halo games on windows 10. But not the ones that are bad in general, such as Halo 5 Forge. People quit playing for a reason.

The forge was great. But it had custom games and custom games browser as well. Meaning it was intended that we were suppose to play the game in custom games as well. But for some reason they only made the game playable. (until the game crashes anyway) But making it pleasant and wanting to play it? That was apparently less important.

I'll agree that what i wrote before, i wrote without completely thinking it through. Probably because i was really angry at the moment. Now I've calmed down and gotten to the conclusion that I'm just not gonna bother with it. I'm done Sarah Palmering on forums. I hate Microsoft for this. Wont forgive them. Never buying anything form the Windows Store again. Not only because i don't wanna support their store. But also because everything on there is complete garbage in one way or another. And I'm better off just playing actual good PC games, where the developers actually care about their player base.

And something worth pointing out, regarding Halo FPS games on windows 10, is that making the Halo FPS games exclusive to windows 10, as far as PC goes. Wont be good for Halo as a PC game. There is simply no good reason to make it windows 10 exclusive.

As even if the game were to get a few thousand players average everyday. It would still be lots more if it wasn't windows 10 exclusive.

Also. I wasn't all wrong. As you said. People on windows 10 interested in Halo. Just wasn't interested in Halo Wars. And it's Microsoft's responsibility to make sure the game will have a big enough player population to function. And it didn't. This was completely their fault. They made Halo Wars: DE for steam and for windows 7 - 10 because it was completely dead. Good of them right? Saving the game, right?.. No..

So here is the thing, they had already planned a stand alone version for Halo Wars: DE, before they released the window store version, sold in a bundle for $80. Meaning they knew it would fail in the eyes of the players. And that they'd have to resell it on steam later, to get some more money. Otherwise they would not need a steam version of the game. So for them it was a big success, sales wise. So that was a real skum move on their part.

And what's more? Their FAQ regarding Halo Wars: DE does not include ''Will we who bought the windows store version of Halo Wars: DE (The failed version in the eyes of the players) get Steam keys for Halo Wars: DE on steam? (The successful version in the eyes of the player)''

As that is the most asked question at the moment. But they completely ignored it, because they can't say anything about it. Because they planned for the people who bought the windows store version of the game, to want the steam version too, as the windows store version is dead.

So it would make their schemes go viral if they said something other than ''Yes, you can have keys''. Or if they simply say nothing at all and let this argument die. So they say nothing at all. Ignoring it's existence. That way it gets the least attention as possible. And hopefully it doesn't become too much of an issue. And if it does, it's been a while by the time it has become an issue. And most people have already bought the steam version anyway, and they have already succeeded with their goals. To sell their game twice.
I disagree with you slightly on this point, though I agree wholeheartedly with everything else:

"As we all know, population for Halo on PC on the windows store are very low.

Halo: 5 Forge - 30~ Players
Halo Wars: 2 - 100~ Players
Halo Wars: Definitive Edition - 0 players.

And why is this? Because it's Windows 10 Exclusive. Simply are not enough people on Windows 10 who are interested in Halo. And Microsoft knew this."

Its not that people on Windows 10 are not interested in Halo games. Far from it. We are simply not interested in the ones being provided. AKA Non FPS versions of the game. But I am as well extremely upset that there was not a way to cross play with the Steam version.
Perhaps. We'll see. Halo 5 Forge did have a lot of players at launch, and launch of custom game browser. But then Microsoft never fixed the game and let it die. So i suppose there is interest in FPS Halo games on windows 10. But not the ones that are bad in general, such as Halo 5 Forge. People quit playing for a reason.

The forge was great. But it had custom games and custom games browser as well. Meaning it was intended that we were suppose to play the game in custom games as well. But for some reason they only made the game playable. (until the game crashes anyway) But making it pleasant and wanting to play it? That was apparently less important.

I'll agree that what i wrote before, i wrote without completely thinking it through. Probably because i was really angry at the moment. Now I've calmed down and gotten to the conclusion that I'm just not gonna bother with it. I'm done Sarah Palmering on forums. I hate Microsoft for this. Wont forgive them. Never buying anything form the Windows Store again. Not only because i don't wanna support their store. But also because everything on there is complete garbage in one way or another. And I'm better off just playing actual good PC games, where the developers actually care about their player base.

And something worth pointing out, regarding Halo FPS games on windows 10, is that making the Halo FPS games exclusive to windows 10, as far as PC goes. Wont be good for Halo as a PC game. There is simply no good reason to make it windows 10 exclusive.

As even if the game were to get a few thousand players average everyday. It would still be lots more if it wasn't windows 10 exclusive.

Also. I wasn't all wrong. As you said. People on windows 10 interested in Halo. Just wasn't interested in Halo Wars. And it's Microsoft's responsibility to make sure the game will have a big enough player population to function. And it didn't. This was completely their fault. They made Halo Wars: DE for steam and for windows 7 - 10 because it was completely dead. Good of them right? Saving the game, right?.. No..

So here is the thing, they had already planned a stand alone version for Halo Wars: DE, before they released the window store version, sold in a bundle for $80. Meaning they knew it would fail in the eyes of the players. And that they'd have to resell it on steam later, to get some more money. Otherwise they would not need a steam version of the game. So for them it was a big success, sales wise. So that was a real skum move on their part.

And what's more? Their FAQ regarding Halo Wars: DE does not include ''Will we who bought the windows store version of Halo Wars: DE (The failed version in the eyes of the players) get Steam keys for Halo Wars: DE on steam? (The successful version in the eyes of the player)''

As that is the most asked question at the moment. But they completely ignored it, because they can't say anything about it. Because they planned for the people who bought the windows store version of the game, to want the steam version too, as the windows store version is dead.

So it would make their schemes go viral if they said something other than ''Yes, you can have keys''. Or if they simply say nothing at all and let this argument die. So they say nothing at all. Ignoring it's existence. That way it gets the least attention as possible. And hopefully it doesn't become too much of an issue. And if it does, it's been a while by the time it has become an issue. And most people have already bought the steam version anyway, and they have already succeeded with their goals. To sell their game twice.
They need to respond to this in one way or another. Its upsetting that we were mislead into purchasing a game doomed to fail from the start with no warning. I wont make this mistake again though for sure
I disagree with you slightly on this point, though I agree wholeheartedly with everything else:

"As we all know, population for Halo on PC on the windows store are very low.

Halo: 5 Forge - 30~ Players
Halo Wars: 2 - 100~ Players
Halo Wars: Definitive Edition - 0 players.

And why is this? Because it's Windows 10 Exclusive. Simply are not enough people on Windows 10 who are interested in Halo. And Microsoft knew this."

Its not that people on Windows 10 are not interested in Halo games. Far from it. We are simply not interested in the ones being provided. AKA Non FPS versions of the game. But I am as well extremely upset that there was not a way to cross play with the Steam version.
Perhaps. We'll see. Halo 5 Forge did have a lot of players at launch, and launch of custom game browser. But then Microsoft never fixed the game and let it die. So i suppose there is interest in FPS Halo games on windows 10. But not the ones that are bad in general, such as Halo 5 Forge. People quit playing for a reason.

The forge was great. But it had custom games and custom games browser as well. Meaning it was intended that we were suppose to play the game in custom games as well. But for some reason they only made the game playable. (until the game crashes anyway) But making it pleasant and wanting to play it? That was apparently less important.

I'll agree that what i wrote before, i wrote without completely thinking it through. Probably because i was really angry at the moment. Now I've calmed down and gotten to the conclusion that I'm just not gonna bother with it. I'm done Sarah Palmering on forums. I hate Microsoft for this. Wont forgive them. Never buying anything form the Windows Store again. Not only because i don't wanna support their store. But also because everything on there is complete garbage in one way or another. And I'm better off just playing actual good PC games, where the developers actually care about their player base.

And something worth pointing out, regarding Halo FPS games on windows 10, is that making the Halo FPS games exclusive to windows 10, as far as PC goes. Wont be good for Halo as a PC game. There is simply no good reason to make it windows 10 exclusive.

As even if the game were to get a few thousand players average everyday. It would still be lots more if it wasn't windows 10 exclusive.

Also. I wasn't all wrong. As you said. People on windows 10 interested in Halo. Just wasn't interested in Halo Wars. And it's Microsoft's responsibility to make sure the game will have a big enough player population to function. And it didn't. This was completely their fault. They made Halo Wars: DE for steam and for windows 7 - 10 because it was completely dead. Good of them right? Saving the game, right?.. No..

So here is the thing, they had already planned a stand alone version for Halo Wars: DE, before they released the window store version, sold in a bundle for $80. Meaning they knew it would fail in the eyes of the players. And that they'd have to resell it on steam later, to get some more money. Otherwise they would not need a steam version of the game. So for them it was a big success, sales wise. So that was a real skum move on their part.

And what's more? Their FAQ regarding Halo Wars: DE does not include ''Will we who bought the windows store version of Halo Wars: DE (The failed version in the eyes of the players) get Steam keys for Halo Wars: DE on steam? (The successful version in the eyes of the player)''

As that is the most asked question at the moment. But they completely ignored it, because they can't say anything about it. Because they planned for the people who bought the windows store version of the game, to want the steam version too, as the windows store version is dead.

So it would make their schemes go viral if they said something other than ''Yes, you can have keys''. Or if they simply say nothing at all and let this argument die. So they say nothing at all. Ignoring it's existence. That way it gets the least attention as possible. And hopefully it doesn't become too much of an issue. And if it does, it's been a while by the time it has become an issue. And most people have already bought the steam version anyway, and they have already succeeded with their goals. To sell their game twice.
They need to respond to this in one way or another. Its upsetting that we were mislead into purchasing a game doomed to fail from the start with no warning. I wont make this mistake again though for sure
Same here. I'm looking for Halo Wars: DE steam keys on Greenmangaming everyday. Get it as cheap as possible.
Microsoft should just make it cross play between Windows and Steam. It's obvious the Steam version is the populated one they shouldn't ignore the windows customers who either bought the ultimate edition or Halo DE off the windows store. In fact what were they thinking of a windows version it should of just been a Steam release since that's the number one PC gaming service and nothing is close to it. In the future when they do PC game releases just do a Steam version the windows store just can't compete with Steam and it's becoming more and more obvious the Windows Store doesn't have a gaming population to get it going.
Anybody plays windows 10 halo wars DE? I am a131473.
This guy just exposed Microsoft"s big money making scheme.
It's kinda sickening how 343 still haven't even addressed this.

Why is it impossible for Ultimate Edition owners to get a key for the Steam version? It just reeks of greed...
It's kinda sickening how 343 still haven't even addressed this.

Why is it impossible for Ultimate Edition owners to get a key for the Steam version? It just reeks of greed...
I will never buy a game off the Windows Store again, HW2 was the first game I bought there and will be the last. The Windows Store and UWP apps have far too many issues for no benefit.

I wouldn't be surprised if they released HW2 on Steam sometime and leave us behind again. Even if HW2 had crossplay between both PC versions the Windows Store version is and always will be inferior.
i beg to differ halo wars is still alive i think... i bought the halo wars w10 edition and multiplayer wont even work but that aside yes my point is not valid eckks dee its everyday bro with the fidget spinner flo
XXXXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDD
i beg to differ halo wars is still alive i think... i bought the halo wars w10 edition and multiplayer wont even work but that aside yes my point is not valid eckks dee its everyday bro with the fidget spinner flo
XXXXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDD
Seems legit.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3