Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

343, Can You Please Fix Exile?

OP SpeedyBlueDude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncNTh4r63B8&feature=youtu.be\

^After having that done to me in a game of Exile, I took all I can handle. I am sick of this map being the only map ever voted for in BTB (if Ragnarok isn't an option)

This map is in horrible need of balancing. First off, the GaussHog should never, ever, be in multiplayer. The thing is pretty much impossible to balance. It's basically a one shot, easy to use, fast, sniper.

Second, why is it that the Blue-Team can arrive to the Scorpion faster/just as fast as the Red Team, the Team that's supposed to spawn with the Scorpion?

Third, why are the spawns so damn open?

Either way, anyone else here think this map is just terrible? >_<
Quote:

^After having that done to me in a game of Exile, I took all I can handle. I am sick of this map being the only map ever voted for in BTB (if Ragnarok isn't an option)

This map is in horrible need of balancing. First off, the GaussHog should never, ever, be in multiplayer. The thing is pretty much impossible to balance. It's basically a one shot, easy to use, fast, sniper.

Second, why is it that the Blue-Team can arrive to the Scorpion faster/just as fast as the Red Team, the Team that's supposed to spawn with the Scorpion?

Yet when you dont spawn in the open you just run out in the open even if you know enemie sniper is aiming down your spawn area etc.

Anyway yes map needs to be tweaked.
lol i feel your pain. you should be more cautious and don't run out there to much this game has completely ruined map movement. stay behind cover most of the time and watch your surroundings you'll do much better. your video is the reason why i don't play BTB i just stick to 4v4 slayer and that playlist is garbage when everyone is running around with camo AA. i hope 343 puts in a classic playlist soon cause even when they drop ranking its going to be trash if AAs are in that playlist which i know will be.
You knew the Gauss was driving around and the other team had a sniper, so why would you continually run out in the open? I have no problem with Exile the way it is. 9 times out of 10 the red team gets to the scorpion first. I agree that something needs to be done with the Gauss, but it's really not that hard to take out if it gets rushed and hit with a plasma pistol. In addition, since the red team normally gets the scorpion they can take out the Gauss and Banshee pretty easily.
The Gauss can get killed with one shot of the tank. In the video you were throwing frags at it, two stickies and its out as well.
Dude ... why respawn and run back out into the open so many times? If you're not in a vehicle take cover, for god's sake. I mean it's one thing to not be able to get to cover on Rag, but on maps like Exile there's cover everywhere.

You did that to yourself. Playing stupid.

And the only part I agree with is that the Gauss Hog should not be in multiplayer ever. That or it needs to be nerfed so it's not a 1 shot kill.
Yeah the GaussHog on one side of the map is pretty stupid. It is the definition of imbalanced.
Quote:
Dude ... why respawn and run back out into the open so many times? If you're not in a vehicle take cover, for god's sake. I mean it's one thing to not be able to get to cover on Rag, but on maps like Exile there's cover everywhere.

And the only part I agree with is that the Gauss Hog should not be in multiplayer ever. That or it needs to be nerfed so it's not a 1 shot kill.
It has to be a 1sk. The railgun is a 1sk and the guass turret is basically a big railgun. Maybe it should be nerfed so you have to charge it up the same as the railgun.
Quote:

Yeah. It was my fault, after the 3 spawn kill I lost my cool and just kept rushing out trying to take out the warthog, instead of staying calm and trying to play smart. Was very dumb of me, but still, I just felt the need to share my anger at this map.
that's exactly what happens to me... spawn in, step out for 1 second, get hit with DMRs, the gauss hog, or snipers.
lmao brain fail, u just died out in the open from a sniper, i know when i res again i will run out into the open again. and again... u could of gone around the sides. also commen sence the hog was sniping people on the right, u died from it yet u went back there again, just no brain thinking sorry., nothing to do with h4
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah. It was my fault, after the 3 spawn kill I lost my cool and just kept rushing out trying to take out the warthog, instead of staying calm and trying to play smart. Was very dumb of me, but still, I just felt the need to share my anger at this map.
It's a map that you absolutely MUST play smart, but there is cover everywhere from all of the over powered vehicles.

That said, I want to say I can't believe your team still had the tank toward the end of your video, but that IS the case because it's red team's. Had you managed to get in the tank ahead of your team mate you'd have probably wiped out the guy who got the lucky stick on you to start your dying spree.

Eitherway one thing to always keep in mind when you DO get the tank is that others will be smart enough to take cover as well. Don't just fire at those in the open. Throw some shots up into the sniper holes/windows and watch the kills pile up.

When I play this map I usually go banshee, then snipe either with a DMR or rifle from the various ledges/holes. But the few times I have had the tank I've gone big just from shooting up the holes where dudes are hiding sometimes in pairs or trios.
Gauss hog belongs in multiplayer. Period.
If the damned player base continues to vote for Exile, we all need to put them in the OP's place. Just annoyed and hacked off. Everyone who plays BTB should share a similar distaste for the map.
Quote:
Quote:

It has to be a 1sk. The railgun is a 1sk and the guass turret is basically a big railgun. Maybe it should be nerfed so you have to charge it up the same as the railgun.
no no no no no no.

The only thing they could/should do to it IF they ever did anything at all would be to take away the aim assist with it. BUT NEVER nerf the damage or make it freaking charge up..... Silly people
If blue team is smart then a nearby mongoose will get them to the tank faster. Being allocated to the red team is not my favourite although I do have some nice games on exile.

If I am red then I tend to try and steal the gauss hog when it respawns. That and a good driver can be game changing. :)
no. just no. the dmr is what needs to be balanced and this map would fix itself
Quote:

In Dominion too. Every chance they get, people vote for Exile.

Its a good map, but I don't fancy it being rammed down my throat.
Wow, lol you are so unlucky.

But if I were you, after dying that many times I would have went for cover and start to take things slow. You died quite a lot in under two minutes. Also, don't use the thruster pack. That thing is pretty much useless unless used in campaign and Flood.
I thought I would like Exile from watching the Covenant Weapons trailer, I was wrong. I get Exile and Ragnarok stuffed down my throat in BTB (Exile in Dominion too) all the time.

I want to be able to play on other maps such as Vortex and Meltdown.