Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

343, hear me out

OP Sparecards

343, we are aware you are shutting down the servers in the legacy Halo games. This is warranted for Halo 3 and the Halo 4 population. HOWEVER, the Halo Reach population warrants continuation. It’s player count is higher than 3 and 4 combined, and should live on above those two games. 3 and 4 have little reason to remain, as games are rare to find and even load into. Reach, on the other hand, has games for most of the popular game modes, such as slayer, grid ball, living dead, and firefight. Please consider this post, and any decision would be much appreciated.
I got a interesting Idea for them. Why not instead of just shutting down the servers they modify the older systems to include community servers. give people the opportunity to keep it alive themselves and run their own servers? that way the only reason these games go offline is because nobody is playing them anymore instead of it being not financially viable for a company.
There would be at least someone who would be interested in taking the reigns from them.
Homie, I get it, I don't want them to go either. But it's about that time, and besides I'm pretty sure they don't have that much control over the old matchmaking systems, or enough to completely change how they operate.
Homie, I get it, I don't want them to go either. But it's about that time, and besides I'm pretty sure they don't have that much control over the old matchmaking systems, or enough to completely change how they operate.
In terms of keeping something online with community servers it really does depend on how they have the backend systems set up. It may be a very small modification similar to how battlefield 3 and 4 did community servers. many old games were able to utilize this method. Quake being one of them. on the front end we obviously have no server browser and to make one would be difficult. But if you change where it searches for its connection at community run servers might be possible.
it would be a real shame if they are unable or unwilling to use this method. There is some solace though, halo 3, reach and 4 matchmaking will live on in the MCC.
If they fix the hit reg lmao
I still play and can still find games on halo 3. There's usually 4 hour window that works best and on the weekends its easy most of the day. I too would love the originals to stay up until all the 360 servers get shut down
True, please 343. We got on average 1-2k people playing at any giving time.