Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

343 needs to ban boosters

OP Aethervox8342

Can someone explain to me why the -Yoink- 343 isn’t doing jack -Yoink- about idiots in Grifball spawn camping, and team killing constantly and -Yoinking!- up my KD. It absolutely -Yoinking!- annoying that 343 actually knows about this but they do absolutely nothing about it.
Because Grifball boosting, while frowned upon, isn't illegal.
If you care about KD then grifball is the last place you should be. You need to weigh up the cR vs KD importance and go from there because that's unfortunately what grifball is these days. Or join a grifball clan lol.
There's really not much reason for them to. It's almost 9 years old and there's so many more important things for them to focus on currently. They're bringing Reach to MCC which will probably bring back a lot of players as well as bringing in a huge number of new players on PC. Alongside that they need to make sure they don't mess up Infinite, the franchise as a whole is at risk if infinite's doesn't exceed expectations after the backlash from 4 and 5.
Even with all this said it's a 360 game which they didn't make in the first place and while the responsibility is in their hands almost no games on 360 still receive support anyway.
Because the game is like about to be 9 Years old in 1 month & there's nothing they can do about it
Ban the people who quit games. Should good people accountable not the 7 other players that are playing.
The “it’s nine years old” thing is a terrible excuse for that
x N7 117 x wrote:
Because Grifball boosting, while frowned upon, isn't illegal.
Never has been. Never will be. If you do so in Halo 3 with AFK guest accounts, the banhammer will swing but I'm not sure what's technically allowed in the others.

Because the game is like about to be 9 Years old in 1 month & there's nothing they can do about it
Also yes. Microsoft controls the Xbox 360 servers now so it's up to them. That's also why the laundry list of issues, bugs, & glitches reported within the older Halo games and many other 360 titles haven't been addressed. Maintaining the Xbox 360 Xbox Live Servers isn't the biggest priority for Microsoft right now.
How would they go about banning them? Just like players abusing checkpoints to farm commendations, those Grifball players are still technically playing the game. What kind of automated systems could 343 Industries put into place to notice when people aren't playing the right way?
Playing griffball and worrying about KD? I suppose there's a first for everything .
The game is nearly a decade old at this point and many other Halo games released the years after, which drifted 343's attention away from Halo Reach. For me It's not the credit boosters that bug me, it's the weird fact that Grifball gives you WAY more credits than any other mode in the game. I'm wondering, "Why? It makes no sense." Shouldn't an online game of Firefight give you more credits because it requires more work? It's backwards.
Boosting has always been an issue in games. In the newer games they might do something. But in older games like Reach credit boosting and MW2 nuke boosting. Developers won't really do much about it. I do agree it's -Yoink-, but they won't do anything. And if they do. I will eat my sock with ketchup.
I hope MCC doesn't have Grifball at all for Reach
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I hope MCC doesn't have Grifball at all for Reach
Sorry, kid. It's already been confirmed.
Lol Griball boosters in 2019
I feel if 343i would've treated their Xbox 360 Titles the way Mojang treated the Console Legacy Editions of Minecraft with more openness and transparency, matters would've worked out better in this regard. The Xbox 360 Edition of Minecraft was supported and updated for years, always implementing bug fixes (Openly stating what they were) and improving the game, and when the developer finally was ready to move on to the next gen (Bedrock Edition) and stop support for the Xbox 360 version, they told their fanbase well in advance that Title Updates 69-73 for Update Aquatic would be the last updates for that version, and once released, the game would remain 'As Is' with no further updates or bug fixes to it.

I kind of feel that this would've been a more proactive approach and only announcing discontinuation of parts of the game, like Service Record recording here on the website kind of left alot of holes if you will and allowed more for glitches and exploits to occur without being fixed without answers, then stating that Reach's server's are only updated for Maintenance after people express their frustration to lack of resolution of issues on the 360 titles. And just because older titles are no longer recieving updates, it doesn't mean this exploitation in Grifball via 'Peace Games' and Spawncampkilling is ok, as 343i did show their stance on Boosting and Farming pretty strongly back in 2015, as they consider it cheating, and due to that, it is a reportable offense as it does violate LIVE Code of Conduct and Terms of Use. Unfortunately, you have to use the Report feature at this point to report people doing so (Which is easier to do with a detailed report and footage if you're on the Xbox One). I've heard from people that the Player Review system on the 360 is broken anymore and doesn't work, so I can no longer recommend avoiding the player with this being the case.
I feel if 343i would've treated their Xbox 360 Titles the way Mojang treated the Console Legacy Editions of Minecraft with more openness and transparency, matters would've worked out better in this regard. The Xbox 360 Edition of Minecraft was supported and updated for years, always implementing bug fixes (Openly stating what they were) and improving the game, and when the developer finally was ready to move on to the next gen (Bedrock Edition) and stop support for the Xbox 360 version, they told their fanbase well in advance that Title Updates 69-73 for Update Aquatic would be the last updates for that version, and once released, the game would remain 'As Is' with no further updates or bug fixes to it.

I kind of feel that this would've been a more proactive approach and only announcing discontinuation of parts of the game, like Service Record recording here on the website kind of left alot of holes if you will and allowed more for glitches and exploits to occur without being fixed without answers, then stating that Reach's server's are only updated for Maintenance after people express their frustration to lack of resolution of issues on the 360 titles. And just because older titles are no longer recieving updates, it doesn't mean this exploitation in Grifball via 'Peace Games' and Spawncampkilling is ok, as 343i did show their stance on Boosting and Farming pretty strongly back in 2015, as they consider it cheating, and due to that, it is a reportable offense as it does violate LIVE Code of Conduct and Terms of Use. Unfortunately, you have to use the Report feature at this point to report people doing so (Which is easier to do with a detailed report and footage if you're on the Xbox One). I've heard from people that the Player Review system on the 360 is broken anymore and doesn't work, so I can no longer recommend avoiding the player with this being the case.
Isn't it on the players to understand that games aren't supported forever? If someone buys a game ten years ago on a console from the previous generation, they should understand that it's time for the developers to move on without it being stated to them as there'd be way too many projects to focus on.
-snip-
Isn't it on the players to understand that games aren't supported forever? If someone buys a game ten years ago on a console from the previous generation, they should understand that it's time for the developers to move on without it being stated to them as there'd be way too many projects to focus on.
Transparency by the developer helps alot with these types of things, as if an official bulletin is made by a developer on their official website, then the intention is known instead of being 'implied' or 'indirectly noted', otherwise players will flood the forums of the official site of the game asking consistently what is going on, which has been the case. This way, players know upon going to the official site that older games are no longer officially supported and are 'as is'. I don't see why this would be on the players per se, because if we want to use that argument, then players should know regardless on their feelings and perception of Code of Conduct and Terms of Use that 343i is against farming and boosting, hence making it cheating and hence a bannable offense through Code of Conduct, instead of trying to defend it in older games, stating 'well I can do it, so it must be right because the developer does nothing to change it'.

Really it wouldn't be difficult at all to say the least for somebody within 343i within a near future bulletin to state

"Since Halo: Reach has been added to the Master Chief Collection, all your favorite major Halo Titles from the Xbox 360 are now on the Next Generation Xbox One console. With that being said, ALL Xbox 360 Halo Titles are no longer officially supported by 343 Industries outside of routine maintenance and certain stats updating on the Halo Waypoint Website. What does this mean for you if you intend to continue to play the older titles on the Xbox 360 (Or through Backwards compatibility on the Xbox One)?

-All Xbox 360 Halo Titles are now 'As Is' and will no longer recieve Title Updates or Hotfix Updates. Glitches, exploits, and bugs will no longer be fixed unless they directly prevent the older titles from functioning. Please use the Report feature through your Xbox LIVE Account to report players who use these exploits, glitches, and bugs for boosting, griefing, and/or farming on these older titles as such actions violate Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct and Terms of Use and is a bannable offense.
-No new Additional Content will be added to any of the Console Legacy Xbox 360 Halo Titles.
-No pre-existing content that was previously locked will be unlocked by us for any special event, reason, etc. in Console Legacy Xbox 360 Halo Titles. If you can unlock it, you will still have to earn it through legitimate gameplay, DLC Purchase, and/or Xbox LIVE Code. If you cannot unlock it, it is unobtainable (This includes the Eternal Armor Effect and any Nameplate on Halo: Reach, Bungie and Recon Armor in Halo 3, as well as the Guilty Spark Emblem, Battle Rifle Blast and DMR Concrete Skins in Halo 4 as notable examples).
-Matchmaking Lists in all Xbox 360 Halo Titles are set in their Final Iteration; They will not be changed or updated from this point forward.
-Population sizes in Matchmaking on older titles cannot be guaranteed, meaning some playlists may be unplayable at times or at all. This also may make some achievements and ingame stats unobtainable or more difficult to achieve.
-Certain Aspects of the Halo Waypoint Xbox 360 App may not work as the app itself is no longer supported, so ingame progress made on Console Legacy Xbox 360 Halo Titles for unlocks on the app may not actually unlock said ingame armors, XP, etc. from the Halo Waypoint Xbox 360 App for the titles.

Not to worry though as Non-Matchmaking Campaign and Custom Games remains unaffected and you can still play those normally. You may ask why we have made this decision, and that is we are putting our time and resources towards future Halo projects that the Halo Community will enjoy in the future, especially now with the major Console Legacy Xbox 360 Halo Titles now being available on the Xbox One through the Master Chief collection. We are not trying to prevent players playing on the Xbox 360 from playing the older titles, we are moving forward in order to keep making new content for the Halo Community for all to enjoy."

If this were to be posted in an official bulletin by an official 343i Employee, this would set it in stone and be as transparent as it can be, from their stance on boosting (so it doesn't need to be stated again and again on the forums by moderators and 343i Employees) and farming, as well as the discontinued support for the Console Legacy Xbox 360 games. This way then, the forums for all Console Legacy Xbox 360 Halo Titles can be renamed to 'Console Legacy Xbox 360 Halo' and discussion about Halo: Reach on the Master Chief Collection can then be discussed solely in the Master Chief Collection part of the forums. This would tie up so many loose ends and if anybody were to ask, then all a Moderator would have to do is share with the person asking the question the bulletin, instead of having to explain it time and time again.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show