[343 Response] Reach Servers Down!

OP Klutch x Pyro

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Thank you for replying and not locking the thread. My point about the server issue is that whatever hardware was used for the servers, employees that have been in the field for at least 8 years, which I’m assuming is a large percentage, should be familiar with them. Again, I don’t work with servers so I don’t know what goes into fixing an issue like the random search aborts that have been going on for months now. I of course realize that new employees wouldn’t be trained on older systems especially with so many newer projects that have to be worked on.

I’m not trying to be belligerent here, but quite frankly I do not like the direction the halo franchise went after this game. I played 4 for 7 months...even bought the limited edition console bundle...tried my best to enjoy it but this game won out. I have no desire to play any further iteration of the franchise I have loved since 2001, and I’m sure there are thousands of other people that feel the same way(to be fair, I also am not a fan of the way bungie went with destiny). Microsoft owns 343 studios and we pay Microsoft for xbl gold every year - we should be able to play whatever game we wish without these issues greatly affecting gameplay. I’m not alone here and I implore other players with my same thoughts to speak up. Again, thank you for not locking the post!
Earlier today around 6pm EST my ODST nameplate was gone and matchmaking was unavailable for me, around 8pm EST both of those have come back and Reach seems to be playing normal for me, idk if others are experiencing the same thing or not.
Doncut97 wrote:
Earlier today around 6pm EST my ODST nameplate was gone and matchmaking was unavailable for me, around 8pm EST both of those have come back and Reach seems to be playing normal for me, idk if others are experiencing the same thing or not.
please keep the feedback and comments about issues coming. @Doncut97 we know what caused the issue you saw earlier today. It was part of the ongoing work to stabilize the infrastructure and sometimes there are blips along the way.
Minor maintenance work is being done on the H3/ODST backend servers this afternoon. If you see something say something :). No impact is expected but if you have issues please post and let us know.
Ugh, reach servers were down again earlier for me today...
n0mnom321 wrote:
Same here. Really unstable, went on mcc.
Pete2DSM2 wrote:
n0mnom321 wrote:
were you seeing the "The Halo: Reach server is unavailable at this time. Please try again later." error message in match making?
if you are still seeing issues please let me know. There was a config issue on one of the new Reach servers that we brought online that appears to the cause for the matchmaking failures. The config has now been corrected
dankun343 wrote:
Pete2DSM2 wrote:
n0mnom321 wrote:
were you seeing the "The Halo: Reach server is unavailable at this time. Please try again later." error message in match making?
Yep. It’s still down for me.
n0mnom321 wrote:
dankun343 wrote:
Pete2DSM2 wrote:
n0mnom321 wrote:
ok good to know. we are seeing a lot of successful match matching now but we are still looking into a small subset of failures we can see in the logs.
dankun343 wrote:
n0mnom321 wrote:
dankun343 wrote:
Pete2DSM2 wrote:
n0mnom321 wrote:
ok good to know. we are seeing a lot of successful match matching now but we are still looking into a small subset of failures we can see in the logs.
Update: it seems to work now, although the player counts for all playlists read as zero on my side.
Cool. There is a known issue with the population counts, however it likely won’t be fixed until Mon or Tue next week.
I need to wait about 20 minutes between games, I start to search a game, the game find all the players and then it stays for about 30 seconds with all the player found match found and then it kick me off and says either Restarting search or network difficulties - searching for players I need to do it again for 2 or 3 times to finally get a match sometimes you are able to find a match but the game remove 1 or 2 players and sometimes you play alone against 4 people you gotta be kidding guys. There is something wrong in your end guys all the other games I have are just fine no problems at all my Nat is open, Do not let halo reach die please or at least put it on the MCC.
343 will probably fix it and it will probably happen again its been doing this for a year now the game is too old
I know it's an old game but it's getting ridiculous; halo 3 never has these problems. I know it isn't deliberate by 343 but they must be doing something wrong people have been experiencing these problems for months and nothing has changed - it's completely unacceptable.
I know it's an old game but it's getting ridiculous; halo 3 never has these problems. I know it isn't deliberate by 343 but they must be doing something wrong people have been experiencing these problems for months and nothing has changed - it's completely unacceptable.
My thoughts exactly! While I’m glad a 343 employee has been regularly commenting on this thread about repairs to the servers it’s extremely frustrating to still be experiencing all of these various problems supposedly maintained by the subsidiary company of the institution to whom we all give our money annually for our ability to use Xbox live. I know from a friend that halo 3 is still functioning fine as far as matchmaking goes and was released on technology that was presumably three years older than Reach’s. Again, as I mentioned in my last post in this thread I’m not trying to be belligerent but would like to know why this game in particular seems to be suffering from serious matchmaking issues yet other older games do not.
Wow, it’s down again. When will the repairs be finished?
Having the same issue again here too, hopefully the silver lining is this means theres an uptick in players
n0mnom321 wrote:
Thats what I would like to know
Munki17465 wrote:
n0mnom321 wrote:
Thats what I would like to know
I’ve been asking for over a week now with no response. I even started a new thread directly asking for a response from 343 and have received no response other than my first attempt being locked. I can only hope that this frequent downtime means that active attempts are still being made to repair the servers once and for all; complete downtime like this would make perfect sense if that were the case.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4