[343 Response] Reach Servers Down!

OP Klutch x Pyro

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5
There have been a plethora of ongoing issues on Halo: Reach in regard to servers. Specifically, the game gives you random losses in matchmaking which is evident on my waypoint stats as well as randomly kicking me and others out of lobbies. In addition, all custom game maps and gametypes are named "blam" as of 13/12/18 and it takes several minutes for it to load and consistently glitches you in the joining player screen. Many issues and bugs have been occurring in Reach over a span of months and I, along with the rest of the Halo Reach community are disappointed but, are fully confident in your ability to resolve these issues and bugs within the game.

Sincerely,

Bob
dankun343 wrote:
glad to hear that. We know what the issue was yesterday and we will be taking additional steps in the coming weeks to help minimize it from reoccurring. Please keep the feedback and reports of issues coming as we using your feedback and reported issues to continue to harden the service which will help reduce the risk of the same issue reoccurring.
Thanks for still working to maintain the servers it’s appreciated! I’m still experiencing random disconnects/boots/re-searching issues though which IMHO makes multiplayer matchmaking impossible to enjoy. I did reset my modem and router to see if it was on my end yet I am still getting these in firefight almost every single time. I didn’t try searching MM as I had little time to be online, is anyone else still experiencing problems getting into games?
I've been having the same issue as of late, thankfully I'm able to actually play. It's almost guaranteed to kick me out a few time before landing on a match. Many 'match making aborted' messages
There have been a plethora of ongoing issues on Halo: Reach in regard to servers. Specifically, the game gives you random losses in matchmaking which is evident on my waypoint stats as well as randomly kicking me and others out of lobbies. In addition, all custom game maps and gametypes are named "blam" as of 13/12/18 and it takes several minutes for it to load and consistently glitches you in the joining player screen. Many issues and bugs have been occurring in Reach over a span of months and I, along with the rest of the Halo Reach community are disappointed but, are fully confident in your ability to resolve these issues and bugs within the game.

Sincerely,

Bob
While I couldn’t care less about the inability to play custom games, the random losses due to being booted during searches and even as you are in the voting process certainly keeps me out of MM - or at least the good playlists. I’ll still search swat and infection from time to time for the sole purpose of completing challenges but even then it’s extremely frustrating because if only one player is booted it usually causes other players to quit out making for sub-optimal gameplay. I honestly can’t remember the last game I played where both full teams have stayed until the end. 343, can we please have an update on when this particular issue is going to be addressed and/or repaired?
I have been having similar problems since at least two months back when playing Halo: Reach on my primary account.
The network connection is slow when playing via the backwards compability function, even tho my network connection is great on my Xbox One.
Multiplayer matchmaking is primarily being affected by issues like:
  • the matchmaking taking a while to load, even being stuck at 0%
  • slow matchmaking, even if there are many hundreds of players in a playlist
  • I often get disconnected when searching for other players in matchmaking
  • there is a major issue where normally at least one player is regularly being disconnected just before the voting phase begins.
I still manage to get into a number of matches in matchmaking and they are quite often playeble with minor difficulties.
dankun343 wrote:
glad to hear that. We know what the issue was yesterday and we will be taking additional steps in the coming weeks to help minimize it from reoccurring. Please keep the feedback and reports of issues coming as we using your feedback and reported issues to continue to harden the service which will help reduce the risk of the same issue reoccurring.
I’m glad you responded to a positive post about getting the Reach servers up again, but what about the ongoing issue we have had recently in regards to all of the searching issues where players are randomly booted for no reason and games configure lopsidedly or not at all? I’ve been playing games online for a very long time and can’t recall a single instance of a similar issue elsewhere. You guys have responded to other problems such as the population counter and all players reverting to recruits randomly, why not this one?
dankun343 wrote:
I’m glad you responded to a positive post about getting the Reach servers up again, but what about the ongoing issue we have had recently in regards to all of the searching issues where players are randomly booted for no reason and games configure lopsidedly or not at all? I’ve been playing games online for a very long time and can’t recall a single instance of a similar issue elsewhere. You guys have responded to other problems such as the population counter and all players reverting to recruits randomly, why not this one?
The initial work we are doing has been 100% focused on stabilizing the backend services to minimize complete service outage. We are aware that in addition to service outage issues there are also transient issues that impact game play such as some of the disconnects and matchmaking issues. Once the stabilization work is completed (current ETA is late Jan) we will be evaluating options to try and address some of the transient issues.
dankun343 wrote:
dankun343 wrote:
The initial work we are doing has been 100% focused on stabilizing the backend services to minimize complete service outage. We are aware that in addition to service outage issues there are also transient issues that impact game play such as some of the disconnects and matchmaking issues. Once the stabilization work is completed (current ETA is late Jan) we will be evaluating options to try and address some of the transient issues.
Okay, thanks for your response about this, it’s good to know you guys are aware of this and that you’ll be taking steps to repair it in the near future.
I'm happy they still do repairs for the old games.
Heads up later this week we are planning an upgrade to the file system that stores all the UGC files. Once I have the final date/time for the upgrade window I will post it to the thread. Please note that during the upgrade users may have trouble saving, loading or sharing UGC files until the upgrade is completed and it's possible that there might be a few issues to fix up and correct after the upgrade with the new storage system.
dankun343 wrote:
Heads up later this week we are planning an upgrade to the file system that stores all the UGC files. Once I have the final date/time for the upgrade window I will post it to the thread. Please note that during the upgrade users may have trouble saving, loading or sharing UGC files until the upgrade is completed and it's possible that there might be a few issues to fix up and correct after the upgrade with the new storage system.
Awesome, thanks for letting us know this. I and many others are very much looking forward to searches working as well as they used to.
dankun343 wrote:
It’s currently extremely late in this week(less than two hours left EST)-any update as to the status of the server repairs?
dankun343 wrote:
It’s currently extremely late in this week(less than two hours left EST)-any update as to the status of the server repairs?
we've slipped out a week as it's taken longer than expected to complete the upgrade. more to follow.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5