Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

[Locked] [343 Response] Reach Servers Down!

OP Klutch x Pyro

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. ...
  7. 7
I'm having trouble downloading custom content from the file browser in Reach, I can upload and download from my own file share but can't download anything relating to screenshots, map variants, gametypes, or films. I noticed this at around 5:30pm MST and it's still happening right now.
They still haven't fixed reach still get kicked out of games and servers go down
yo whats up i was just looking in the forums and then i saw ur gamer tag and. Maybe u dont remember me but we used to play destiny and halo reach.
an d for the thing u said, me too it happens to me but its really rare maybe now its worst, idk its been a while i didnt play
Bungie nameplate and my blue flaming helmet has disappeared
My nameplate & eternal have disappeared too. I hope you guys can fix it. I don't want that to be gone forever. I would be so sad.
Dankun343, I haven’t heard from you in a while on this thread, how goes the server debugging? I think I speak for many Reach players when I request a simple update here...all I and many others are asking for are stable servers that configure games without booting people randomly 90% of the time.

i have recently seen many posts complaining about this same thing and also various armor pieces going missing, what’s going on with that? Of course all armor and effects are meaningless and contribute nothing to gameplay; I’d gladly sacrifice all of that and have all players spawn as generic default Spartans if it meant stable servers that found games reliably. When can we expect a playable game again?
Dankun343, I haven’t heard from you in a while on this thread, how goes the server debugging? I think I speak for many Reach players when I request a simple update here...all I and many others are asking for are stable servers that configure games without booting people randomly 90% of the time.

i have recently seen many posts complaining about this same thing and also various armor pieces going missing, what’s going on with that? Of course all armor and effects are meaningless and contribute nothing to gameplay; I’d gladly sacrifice all of that and have all players spawn as generic default Spartans if it meant stable servers that found games reliably. When can we expect a playable game again?
Lol I just got the matchmaking aborted error 10 times in a row before finally finding players. The drop-ins probably legit think Reach is broken at this point. No wonder the population has been so low lately
UPDATE! So I’ve had this problem too but all my missing stuff is back now and the file browser is working again!!!
Guess Its something to do with them adding reach to the mcc how do you mess up the game like this
EU Tripper wrote:
Guess Its something to do with them adding reach to the mcc
Don't believe this has been announced as happening, at most it's a noted request right now
EU Tripper wrote:
how do you mess up the game like this
Legacy systems and services come with problems, especially when upgrading background systems
dankun343 wrote:
dankun343 wrote:
dankun343 wrote:
Heads up later this week we are planning an upgrade to the file system that stores all the UGC files. Once I have the final date/time for the upgrade window I will post it to the thread. Please note that during the upgrade users may have trouble saving, loading or sharing UGC files until the upgrade is completed and it's possible that there might be a few issues to fix up and correct after the upgrade with the new storage system.
It’s currently extremely late in this week(less than two hours left EST)-any update as to the status of the server repairs?
we've slipped out a week as it's taken longer than expected to complete the upgrade. more to follow.
Any update on the status of the file system upgrade?

Thanks!
Thanks for responding while I was banned for a week Strobe, I appreciate it. Any update on this? Dankun343, you said in December that it would be addressed by the end of this month(which at this point is rapidly approaching), and as of yet we have had no concrete reassurance that this is still being looked into. In the course of completing last week’s ridiculous challenge I for the first time in a long time played a good amount of time in MM and almost every single game(save griffball ironically) resolved with uneven teams presumably thanks to players being booted during the search process. It makes the game completely unenjoyable.
sorry for the delay in posting an update. Turns out verifying the file integrity on 100 million+ files is taken WAY longer than we thought and it's still running. The overall core server upgrades are still in progress however given that it's taken weeks to get part way though the verify I don't yet have an ETA for when it will be completed so that we can move on to the final server upgrade.
Again, dankun343, it’s now been a month since we have heard from you and I and many other Reach enthusiasts would love to know how the server repairs are going. Any update as to how the server file repairs are going? I’m no computer expert but I know when I run chkdsk/r many thousands of files are checked and repaired within hours...from what has been said in this thread I can only assume that the same is being done for the Reach servers going back to sometime in November or December when you first got in touch with us in regards to this. We’d love an update as to the status of the repairs.
Oh, and dankun343, if you ever respond again to this post, why does 343 still allow the griffball playlist to exist?

I generally avoid this playlist like the plague but being very inebriated and wanting to complete the weekly challenge...I ventured into the playlist to try for two easy killing sprees. What I encountered was a 7v1 as I seemed to be the only player in the room to care about winning the game. I don’t dare play actual enjoyable playlists because the server issues dole out random undeserved losses due to your company’s failings.

I get the fact that 343 has little to no incentive to update this game-being a Bungie developed masterpiece-but as a Microsoft-owned affiliate to which we pay our yearly subscription, I feel like it’s your company’s duty to provide us with an enjoyable, fully playable game. I, and many other Reach enthusiasts, will be eagerly awaiting your response.
stckrboy wrote:
EU Tripper wrote:
Guess Its something to do with them adding reach to the mcc
Don't believe this has been announced as happening, at most it's a noted request right now
EU Tripper wrote:
how do you mess up the game like this
Legacy systems and services come with problems, especially when upgrading background systems
I certainly understand older systems come with various problems, but anyone that has been working in the field since 2010 should be familiar with whatever issues this game’s servers are experiencing.
That's quite an assumption.

Also in future please don't post multiple times in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks
stckrboy wrote:
That's quite an assumption.

Also in future please don't post multiple times in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks
You’re right, and I realized that it is generally frowned upon on forums to post multiple times consecutively after I did so, my bad.

Anyway, while I do appreciate dankun343’s responses about the server repair, it would be very nice to hear about the status more than once a month or so. I believe it was mid-December when he originally said they’d be fixed around the end of January, and here we are in March in the same situation. I get that maybe unexpected difficulties arose which would explain the delay; an update letting us know it’s still being looked into or perhaps with a new timeframe would be great.
does firefight work? i was planning to play it this week after a long time
I think it's pretty safe to assume (or at least give the benefit of the doubt) that all the server issues have been a result of the Reach MCC port that is now confirmed.

Definitely a huge announcement that we can all be pretty excited for. I just wonder if Reach MCC players will be cross playable with Xbox 360/One players who use disc or the digital copy as we currently do now.
I think it's pretty safe to assume (or at least give the benefit of the doubt) that all the server issues have been a result of the Reach MCC port that is now confirmed.

Definitely a huge announcement that we can all be pretty excited for. I just wonder if Reach MCC players will be cross playable with Xbox 360/One players who use disc or the digital copy as we currently do now.
Why would the port have anything to do with the matchmaking servers? And no, I doubt that mcc reach players would be able to play regular reach players, apparently this will be like a brand new game and your stats won’t transfer over either.
No. Reach coming to MCC / PC has nothing to do with the backwards compatible game having issues. These 2 are separate things

I just wonder if Reach MCC players will be cross playable with Xbox 360/One players who use disc or the digital copy as we currently do now.
No, same as above. MCC is a separate game, you can't play with 360 players - MCC uses separate dedicated servers for matchmaking where Reach 360 / back compat use peer to peer
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. ...
  7. 7