Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

360 Era Halo games to be sunset come Dec 2021

OP UnheardCARNAGE

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
RiverBacon73378 - Fight the good fight brother. Halo 3 ruled my college house for a few years. Good memories.

I never finished H4 War Games [SPARTAN OPS]... I know it wasn't necessarily a fan favorite, but access to it should dissappear 12/2021 as it's online. It's not in MCC (unless I've overlooked it somehow or more recent add), correct? So gone forever...

[EDIT] My bad... meant Spartan Ops. And to correct myself....I did find Spartan Ops within MCC.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
As emile said, "it has been an honor sir"
I still own physical copies of Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, Halo CE: Anniversary and Halo 4 for the Xbox 360. Unfortunately the disc drive of my 360 jams and doesn't open at all, so I won't be able to re-experience them in the classic nostalgic way. And I don't know how to fix this issue. But at least I can still play them on my Xbox One S.

Maybe we'll have heroes like back then in Halo 2 classic on the original Xbox, the Noble 14. They kept playing after the online support end until the last one of them booted out of the game. I think we'll have something similar with the 360 titles with last remaining teams on each of these games that try to keep these games alive for just a bit longer. We should take our time, play some last rounds, hunt as much achievements as possible and give these games a worthy farewell.
Cobra J24 wrote:
Fellas, it's been a heck of a ride. All things must come to an end. While I don't play my 360 much anymore, it's still a punch in the gut. I expected this to happen for a while now however. I'm just glad these awesome games get to live on in the MCC. I've still got one last achievement in ODST. Anyone wanna help?
Which one do you need buddy? I'm done with school now I might be able to help you on it.
dryrain23 wrote:
Cobra J24 wrote:
Fellas, it's been a heck of a ride. All things must come to an end. While I don't play my 360 much anymore, it's still a punch in the gut. I expected this to happen for a while now however. I'm just glad these awesome games get to live on in the MCC. I've still got one last achievement in ODST. Anyone wanna help?
Which one do you need buddy? I'm done with school now I might be able to help you on it.
It's been forever man. Would be awesome to get back on again. The achievement is Deja Vu. I managed to get the rest of the achievements.
I'm a little late seeing this news, this terrible terrible news. Anyway, I have a question about fileshare. We still play Halo 4 system link at family visits when we have a bunch of people together. Last time, we started messing around in forge creating our own maps.

If we are no longer going to be able to use fileshare, what exactly does that mean for forge maps? I'm sure if you forge a new map, you'll be able to play locally on your machine. But what about over system link? It seems like without fileshare, there is no mechanism to share maps and map types. :(

For system link, I don't think maps necessarily need to be shared for the group to play together. Does that hold true for custom game types? (I'm thinking about some of the race variants.) In any case, if we have custom maps across a few users, it's preferable to share and consolidate so we are not having to change the party leader when changing maps.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2