Forums / Games / Halo: Reach

A Storage Solution Achievement

OP ttalVlatt

Hey 343i,

"A Storage Solution" achievement for Halo Reach is not unlocking, and it hasn't for anyone since 2016 (when backwards compatibility was launched). It just says "transfer failed: a file could not be transferred" I have tried 100-200 times myself, and others even more. It still actually uploads to the file share, but the achievement does not unlock. Could you guys respond, and let us know if there is or is not ever going to be a patch/fix for this? At least then we will know for sure.

Matt
I doubt 343 would do anything about this they are done with this game they only focus on newer games
please fix, we have many users with the problem; it is true that it will damage with the update of backward compatibility.
they could repair it as they recently launched the update and hopefully as well as damaged it repair :(
Can confirm. An official statement would be cool.
I'd also really like to hear something official about it. I've been trying to get this off and on for a month or so now.
Yes the achievement is obviously broken. Any word 343?
This needs to be fixed, ASAP! Please, help 343 industries!
It would be great to get an official eye on this while the backwards compatibility team are around and working in that area; yesterday's community update mentions:
Quote:
  • File Fixin' – Good news, Halo 3 Fileshare functionality is back online and ready for further use. Woot!
It would be great to get an official eye on this while the backwards compatibility team are around and working in that area; yesterday's community update mentions:
Quote:
  • File Fixin' – Good news, Halo 3 Fileshare functionality is back online and ready for further use. Woot!
That's awesome! Also, they just recently announced that they were fixing some issues for 'Halo: The Master Chief Collection'. https://twitter.com/Halo/status/920444326743654400 https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/odds-ends

I know they're doing it because of Xbox One X, but we might have a chance. I still have hope that they would fix this achievement's problem. We just need to push them. All of us.
Don’t hold your breath waiting on it....
dryrain23 wrote:
Don’t hold your breath waiting on it....
You never know what might happen. Don't lose hope.
Please, PLEASE don't lose hope. I got the achievement this morning. I've been trying for months now and it finally worked. Maybe they've done their part? I really hope everyone else is able to get it.
Please, PLEASE don't lose hope. I got the achievement this morning. I've been trying for months now and it finally worked. Maybe they've done their part? I really hope everyone else is able to get it.
You're right! I just got the achievement 10mins ago. I guess they finally fixed it. They finally heared us. Thanks for the heads up!
Update for 2018. I'm having problems with this. Every time I attempt to upload a file it doesn't work. I would be a shame if I couldn't get this simple achievement.