[Locked] All the armor lock hate?

OP Kienamaru

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Quote:
IMO, armor lock should only be in playlists with vehicular combat involved. BTB and Invasion are the only playlists I use armor lock in (I use it in team slayer only if the other -Yoinks!- are using it).
We don't need it in Team Slayer. But I guess the game will never get updated again...
IF it makes a return in the future, I agree.
Armour lock is not over powered it was just placed in the wrong playlists. AL is meant to be an anti-vehicle weapon hence the EMP just the same as the grenade launcher. Without evade there is only the even more game breaking AA of Jet-pack. The flaws to AL are;

There is no detriment to the user
You can spin around whilst in AL negating assassination.
If you get stuck with a grenade before going into AL you still don't die.
Your shield actually recharges.
In close quarters it's game breaking because...

In close quarters it is absolutely game breaking, with the very powerful grenades that you spawn with as the noob will pumel-grenade-armour lock. Even more damaging with skilled players as they are generally aware of this and double teaming is even more game breaking.
I'm fine with the idea, in fact I think it is a pretty decent idea for surviving nade spammers and raging warthogs. Where I think they went wrong, and also with all of the AA's is that they made it last too long. IMO it should be a short burst more or less, enough to last the blasts of a nade or one sword lung or a warthog coming straight at you. But having it last long enough for your shields to recharge is just ridiculous.
If one is stuck with a plasma grenade and immediately enters armor lock, IT WILL KNOCK OFF THE STUCK PLASMA GRENADE! I REPEAT: IT KNOCKS OFF A STUCK PLASMA GRENADE!!!!! Unacceptable.
Stuck = death. It always has in Halo. Except for in Combat Evolved; sometimes if you stuck a grunt, he would run around before exploding and yell "Not again!" Which makes you wonder if that wasn't the toughest grunt ever.
Sidenote: Halo-themed children's book called "The Little Grunt That Could". It's about a grunt who didn't sleep on the job and actually killed something.
Kienamaru wrote:
I don't understand it. I didn't play much Halo reach but why is it that everyone dislikes the Armor Lock ability? I thought it was pretty useful in both campaign and multiplayer.
I feel like Brutes over use it in campaign there for wasting my ammo especially when I almost have enough needles in them 2 causes an super combined explosion
X11 XOMAN wrote:
Kienamaru wrote:
I don't understand it. I didn't play much Halo reach but why is it that everyone dislikes the Armor Lock ability? I thought it was pretty useful in both campaign and multiplayer.
I feel like Brutes over use it in campaign there for wasting my ammo especially when I almost have enough needles in them 2 causes an super combined explosion
Please don't revive old topics thanks. Eight years is a long time.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3