Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

am i not alone?

OP CantonBrowncoat

I can't be the only one who thinks that chief's current armour design is a bit stupid? now I'm fine with them changing the armour but come on, what is going on with the shoulders? and I fail to see how the current helmet can even be considered a design improvement compared to the MkVI. Thoughts?
i like all the armor except the helmet it looks terrible but it is a prototype.
Well the shoulders could have a bit more work but other than that it's fine.
I dislike the shoulders and the lack of armor on the waist. I do like the helmet though. Remember, it's a prototype.
Does anyone believe they will change it as much as it is needed unless we are vocal about it? this armour just doesn't give me the impression of Chief, its like losing a friend
Quote:
I can't be the only one who thinks that chief's current armour design is a bit stupid? now I'm fine with them changing the armour but come on, what is going on with the shoulders? and I fail to see how the current helmet can even be considered a design improvement compared to the MkVI. Thoughts?
Honestly, the helmet to me looks like some kind of hazop variant. Honestly its the new crotch piece that bothers me.. it just looks wrong. What was wrong with the simple plate of armour that has been on spartans in every halo since creation.
The Halo 2/3 armor was fine. Halo 4's looks hideous so far.
Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present, and by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.
You're looking at the armor of a figure that is a toy. We still have at least another 9-10 months before Halo 4 releases. I expect it to change significantly. Don't take the first thing you see in game development as a final product.
You are not alone. I agree. I think the overall look of it is really cool looking, but when you take a second glance, it seems a bit impractical and too showy in some areas, while dull in others.
i never noticed the changes and i still don't....
Quote:
Quote:
Honestly, the helmet to me looks like some kind of hazop variant. Honestly its the new crotch piece that bothers me.. it just looks wrong. What was wrong with the simple plate of armour that has been on spartans in every halo since creation.
The new images of the toy show that they've added a traditional cod piece.

The shoulders are the only thing that bothers me. They look like some of the Reach ones in that they are stuck on the biceps rather than actually wrapping the shoulder in armour.
You're looking at a toy. From what I can tell, toy =/= final game. If you have any history about Halo toys, you would know that almost all of the time, the figurines are disproportional. They can't make them perfect.

I honestly cannot see why people hate the new look of the Chief. I think he looks badass as fuuuuuuuuu. But no, you guys have to be soooo picky and judgmental based on a toy. Come on, you know how stupid that sounds?

Expect Chief to look different from when he looked in the previous trilogy. Halo 4 is a new project with a new story to tell. I honestly would much rather see Chief the way he looks in Halo 4 then when he did in Halo 2 and 3. If they kept the same look from those games, Master Chief would be boring as hell to watch during cutscenes.

You guys really need to just deal with it.