Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Any Resources for Getting Into CE Competitive?

OP Daldott

CE has always been my favorite game in the series, whether you chalk it up to nostalgia or the splendidly perfect weapon sandbox/environments, I don't think I could ever get bored of the campaign. Multiplayer, though I haven't played much at all, if any, seems to be a different beast entirely, comprised of laughably short TTKs and maps which you can almost completely control... but I'm intrigued. From the grenade volleys people use to send weapons to them to even miniscule things like double melees or quick camo, it seems fulfilling just to learn the facets of each map or enemy. Since CE is launching onto MCC PC after this month and I haven't had an opportunity to try out CE multiplayer before, are there any resources I could read up on or attempt myself to better myself at the game? Anything can help, I just wanna see to it that I can have loads of fun on a game I already love.
Daldott wrote:
CE has always been my favorite game in the series, whether you chalk it up to nostalgia or the splendidly perfect weapon sandbox/environments, I don't think I could ever get bored of the campaign. Multiplayer, though I haven't played much at all, if any, seems to be a different beast entirely, comprised of laughably short TTKs and maps which you can almost completely control... but I'm intrigued. From the grenade volleys people use to send weapons to them to even miniscule things like double melees or quick camo, it seems fulfilling just to learn the facets of each map or enemy. Since CE is launching onto MCC PC after this month and I haven't had an opportunity to try out CE multiplayer before, are there any resources I could read up on or attempt myself to better myself at the game? Anything can help, I just wanna see to it that I can have loads of fun on a game I already love.
Probably just see if anyone streams specifically CE, or if there are any multiplayer Youtube video tips or tricks.

CE is a pretty wild game, with a whole lot of archaic mechanics, so there is a lot of things you can delve into. Unless you feel like picking up an Xbox in the interim, those are the tips I would give.
Here's a bunch of informative resources for competitive play for Halo CE.

Halo CE basics:
Halo CE map callouts:
Halo CE's spawn system:
Halo CE nade tricks:
Ogre 2's Halo 1 tips:
More useful resources for Halo CE:
All of that being said please keep in mind that 343 botched the MCC version of Halo CE because it's based off of the botched Gearbox PC port of Halo CE and not the original Xbox version of Halo CE. Gearbox botched the PC port of Halo 1 and 343 botched the MCC version of Halo 1 by using the botched Gearbox PC port of Halo 1 instead of using the original Xbox version of Halo 1. Due to the MCC version of Halo CE being plagued with a ton of bugs and issues the game isn't viable for competitive play. This is why most of the competitive Halo 1 community uses the original Xbox version of Halo 1/Halo 1 NHE with original Xboxes and CRT TVs/CRT monitors when hosting competitive LANs/LAN tournaments such as Beach LAN.