Forums / Games / Halo: Reach

Any tips for Halo Reach?

OP Geth Pathfinder

Short history: I have played every Halo game to date but didn’t get Xbox Live until 2016.

I know I’m a little late but any tips to do better in BTB? I have been playing Halo 4 BTB, which I’m good at but for some reason I can’t get the hang of Reach. I am bad at using the DMR, only half my shots seem to hit, yet everyone else can shoot me across the map. I would use the AR in Halo 4 but it has horrible accuracy in Reach. Is there any type of rank system in Reach or is it purely random who I get matched against? I thought I would enjoy Reach since it’s a lot like 4 but I seem to play like a complete noob. Any advice on weapons, how to use the DMR, or anything else would’ve appreciated.
-Slow your shots down with the DMR. The reticle bloom is something you'll need to get used to.

-If you're playing with a friend on Hemorrhage, one of you grab the Revenant and the other grab the sniper rifle and ride shotgun. The hitbox, for whatever reason, is STUPID BIG when using the sniper in the passenger seat. Watch this video and you'll see what I mean. Honestly, there's no cheating or mods involved here. It's just the way the hitbox is. It was hilarious because back in the day when Halo Reach was popular, I used to get all sorts of hate mail because people thought I was cheating. LOL! A guess it was something Bungie just didn't catch and never really fixed before leaving Reach.

-The only ranking system Halo Reach has is in the Arena. It was season based somewhat similar to how Halo 5 is but the seasons were longer. Everything else is basically social slayer. If you really want to know where you sit at, HaloTracker.com tracks stats of Halo Reach to a certain point. Here is where your stats currently are according to Halo Tracker

-Learn how to use the Banshee. I've seen some players who are incredibly skilled with the Banshee and can inflict damage and rage like you wouldn't believe.

-The Grenade Launcher is also something that is very useful against players and vehicles. The EMP will disable vehicles for a few seconds just like a charged up Plasma Pistol Shot.

-Play. With. Friends. That's the best advice I have for you. The people still playing Halo Reach are either brand new players or people who haven't stopped playing since Halo Reach came out. You do not want to get stuck with the brand new players because I promise you, that's what will happen if you play alone.
Short history: I have played every Halo game to date but didn’t get Xbox Live until 2016.

I know I’m a little late but any tips to do better in BTB? I have been playing Halo 4 BTB, which I’m good at but for some reason I can’t get the hang of Reach. I am bad at using the DMR, only half my shots seem to hit, yet everyone else can shoot me across the map. I would use the AR in Halo 4 but it has horrible accuracy in Reach. Is there any type of rank system in Reach or is it purely random who I get matched against? I thought I would enjoy Reach since it’s a lot like 4 but I seem to play like a complete noob. Any advice on weapons, how to use the DMR, or anything else would’ve appreciated.
BTB has the stupid TU in place. This means that the mechanics of the game are really different from what you get in campaign. I would recommend playing team slayer in the non TU playlist. You will likely do much better and have a better time.

BTB has the stupid TU in place. This means that the mechanics of the game are really different from what you get in campaign. I would recommend playing team slayer in the non TU playlist. You will likely do much better and have a better time.
Might be a stupid question but what is “TU”? I did notice it on every BTB game and was trying to figure out what it stands for.

Yes, I do have some fun games in Team Slayer. I just hate that most games revolve around Jetpacks. I’m not against AAs by any means, I just wish that every game wouldn’t have the exact same loadouts. Maybe remove Jetpacks in Team Slayer.
Let us know if any of these tips work out for you

No rank system really
on reach guns have a bloom so that means you can’t spam your shots you have to pace them a little. A little annoying at first but easy after a little bit.
AR sucks in comparison because the halo 4 AR was broken. It’s still op just not as op.
all you need is practice from what I’m hearing mate. You’ll get use to reach no problem

Might be a stupid question but what is “TU”? I did notice it on every BTB game and was trying to figure out what it stands for.

Yes, I do have some fun games in Team Slayer. I just hate that most games revolve around Jetpacks. I’m not against AAs by any means, I just wish that every game wouldn’t have the exact same loadouts. Maybe remove Jetpacks in Team Slayer.
The TU update basically reduced the bloom on the dmr. Basically the DMR is more accurate. There are a lot of other changes too but that's the big one.
The biggest change with the Title Update is the armor lock nerf, this is the most noticeable.

I believe the plasma repeater don't lose accuracy if you don't stand up, I remember the reticle going backwards when I tested with bottomless clip enabled, that was on Forge however.
AR sucks in comparison because the halo 4 AR was broken. It’s still op just not as op.
How is the Halo 4 AR op? The Halo 4 AR was the first Halo AR that actually excelled at its intended range. The Halo 4 BR, DMR, Magnum, Boltshot, and many others could also be called overpowered. But wait, if many guns are overpowered then none of them are. Sorry, but I am a big fan of Halo 4. I actually think it is one of the most balanced Halo games.
How is the Halo 4 AR op? The Halo 4 AR was the first Halo AR that actually excelled at its intended range. The Halo 4 BR, DMR, Magnum, Boltshot, and many others could also be called overpowered. But wait, if many guns are overpowered then none of them are. Sorry, but I am a big fan of Halo 4. I actually think it is one of the most balanced Halo games.
Don’t get me wrong they fixed it to the point that I can’t conplain. But during the beginning period of halo 4’s life the AR could almost outgun anything. (Of course at DMR range it would loose) but it was to that extent. Now In a BTB standpoint it was balanced due to large maps. But that was it, in slayer or any gamemode that had small maps the AR couldn’t be beat due to how the maps were set up. These maps were in the majority.
the AR excelled with the maneuverability that Halo 4 introduced (semi did due to unlimited sprint etc) so in the hand of a competent player unless you had an AR 7/10 times he would win the gun fight even if your a competent person with a br or etc. There’s a reason why 343 had to nerf the AR twice.
Its ok now but I have nightmares still. But as of now the game I have to admit is pretty balanced.
Well I have worked on pacing my DMR shots. It’s helped somewhat, though everyone seems to be better than me in BTB. Team Slayer is turning out to be a lot of fun. I am decent at it and am getting used to the AR’s power vs the Halo 4 AR. I would also give advice to anyone new to Reach, if you don’t now which Armour Ability to choose, go with Sprint.