Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Anyone else not able to find matches on Reach?

OP locustki11er01

Ever since they announced the servers were shutting down on legacy halo, I haven't been able to find games in matchmaking. I'm still online and can access matchmaking, and even when it says there are 1000+ people online, ill sit in the finding match screen for 30+ minutes without finding a game. And as soon as it says enough players have been found, it says there's an error and it restarts matchmaking. I keep trying and this keeps happening. Anyone else getting this problem? I'm trying to get to inheritor before the game shuts down but it'll never happen at this rate.
That sounds like the same issue that's been going on over there for a long time, and I haven't been on OG Reach since 2019.
I would have a similar issue, where the game would find people to play with, then it disconnects me from the other players, while I'd still be able to vote for a map. I'm not sure if this will help, but try to play Team Slayer, as that's the one that consistently has the most people. I would know, since I recently saved up for Inclement Weather, and Team Slayer was the one that had the most players. Firefight sometimes get's about 50 people, which isn't much, but I'd still be able to find matches. If you still get disconnected, that's really unfortunate, especially since you said you're trying to get to Inheritor, which would take even longer to get than Inclement Weather (unless you're super close to getting Inheritor.) These types of issues happen with old games like this, as the Xbox 360 is now two console generations old with the release of the Xbox Series X, so expectedly, less people will be playing on the older consoles.
Ever since they announced the servers were shutting down on legacy halo, I haven't been able to find games in matchmaking. I'm still online and can access matchmaking, and even when it says there are 1000+ people online, ill sit in the finding match screen for 30+ minutes without finding a game. And as soon as it says enough players have been found, it says there's an error and it restarts matchmaking. I keep trying and this keeps happening. Anyone else getting this problem? I'm trying to get to inheritor before the game shuts down but it'll never happen at this rate.
Must be on your end because I'm able to find games easily when I played OG Reach two days ago. Depends where you live I guess (continent i mean).
I have the same thing happen to me and therefore I have yet to play a single matchmaking game
I tried again recently and it worked but a couple times the game lagged out just after starting. Maybe the servers are just old and 343 has no incentive to maintain them since they're shutting down.
Do you have like a weird region or anything that would prohibit you from finding games regularly? Are you searching on off times?
I tried again recently and it worked but a couple times the game lagged out just after starting. Maybe the servers are just old and 343 has no incentive to maintain them since they're shutting down.
That's exactly what it is and it's been like this for quite a while. There have been times where I've lagged out of a game 3 times in a row right as its beginning.
Do you have like a weird region or anything that would prohibit you from finding games regularly? Are you searching on off times?
I'm in north America and I just upgraded my wifi
Strange.......and you're playing in populated playlists? Seems super odd.
Strange.......and you're playing in populated playlists? Seems super odd.
I works slightly better now, but sometimes my game lags out just after starting. Yesterday I played a few matches that seemed to work well.