Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Anyone else wanna go back to the Halo 3 days??

OP JaydensApples

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
As much as I love Halo 5, I just want to experience the Halo 3 days all over again. The blue filtered main menu as it soars across the landscape, The beautiful music, the weekend playlist and all those custom games memories, Fat kid, Griffball, ect...I get that you can have all these things on mcc but I just miss everything Halo 3 did on the 360 and I just wish it was populated again...I sorta want to go back in time and experience the hype considering I got into Halo, 1 year after 3 released. Call me nostalgic but I just miss it, all of it...Anyone else??
I feel that :/

This post has been hidden.

Halo 3 was such a great game
As much as I love Halo 5, I just want to experience the Halo 3 days all over again. The blue filtered main menu as it soars across the landscape, The beautiful music, the weekend playlist and all those custom games memories, Fat kid, Griffball, ect...I get that you can have all these things on mcc but I just miss everything Halo 3 did on the 360 and I just wish it was populated again...I sorta want to go back in time and experience the hype considering I got into Halo, 1 year after 3 released. Call me nostalgic but I just miss it, all of it...Anyone else??
nope. Halo 5 is beautiful
I9n1te wrote:
nope. Halo 5 is beautiful
Yes, I totally agree, but Halo 5 doesn't match up to Halo 3's charm (IMO) Halo 5 is still an exceptional game nonetheless.
Well i loved Halo 3, i played it so much and i still think its the best Halo, but instead of playing Halo 3 again do i hope that we get with the time more and more playlists which give Halo 5 the feeling it should have had from the beginning, more social playlist, better map sharing
Well it depends. I am not that nostalgic and prefer what Halo 5 has to offer in its gameplay and forge aspects, which in my opinion is superior that of H3's. I do not miss those days where only long range primaries, which were the Br or Carbine which could just destroy all those automatic pea shooters with little to no range.
[GLITCH]
[ANOTHER GLITCH]
Play MCC if you want Halo 3. Halo 2 was the best, and when I wanna play Halo 2, I play MCC. It's called 'logic' and it's very useful. If 343i only made H3 clones I'd kill myself
Absolutely. My favourite multiplayer. Still watch the great H3 montages from time to time. Brings back lots of memories.
I can understand the nostalgia but I'd take halo 5 any day of the week.
I prefer to focus on the present, Halo 3 was fun but that era has gone.
Play MCC if you want Halo 3. Halo 2 was the best, and when I wanna play Halo 2, I play MCC. It's called 'logic' and it's very useful. If 343i only made H3 clones I'd kill myself.

It's called 'logic' If 343i only made H3 clones I'd kill myself.

If 343i only made H3 clones I'd kill myself.

'logic'

I'd kill myself.
Wat....Back on topic, I do miss Halo 3's custom games, and also the MCC doesn't work. I feel like we're never going to have that again.
Halo 5 lacks the same charm, I think it's just to robotic and binary feeling I miss the warm feeling I get every time I saw that main menu, I think my biggest problem with Halo 5 is everything looks like generic Scifi props there is no identity and it all blends together.
Halo 5 lacks the same charm, I think it's just to robotic and binary feeling I miss the warm feeling I get every time I saw that main menu, I think my biggest problem with Halo 5 is everything looks like generic Scifi props there is no identity and it all blends together.
Exactly
While I agree that I enjoyed Halo 3 the most, If 343 made Halo 6 and beyond just like it, it would probably kill the franchise.
As in variety of game modes? Yes. Gameplay? NO! I already played 10,000 + games in it.
StoutBEER wrote:
As in variety of game modes? Yes. Gameplay? NO! I already played 10,000 + games in it.
Well I must say that the gameplay aspect is debatable, I do prefer the more slower based halo but I don't dislike the new mechanics at all...Just preference.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5