Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

Are we gonna see Halo: Reach Anniversary?

OP KingOHeart

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hello Fans (And possibly staff)

So I was thinking, Halo:Reach came out in like, 2010 right?

And from the informations I've gathered (http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Halo) Halo:Reach was the second best selling game of the franchise, next to Halo 3.

And perhaps one of the most memorable and popular entry in the franchise (https://www.gamesradar.com/best-halo-games/ Now I may be biased because it's my favorite right, so take this as a source, as trustful as it may be)

And surely 343i have seen it, and surely too the community would love themselves some good old Reach too.

So do you think they've got something in store to commemorate the end of Bungie's contribution to the serie, and the ultimate conclusion (Or beginning in a way) to the ''original'' serie?

I dare guess so, helps me sleep at night I'd say, 'Cause as much for me as many others I'm sure, we all would love to get back on the field with our fellow Nobles and kick some alien butts of the spire, down New Alexandria's skyscrappers, up in space and everywhere they show up.

(Almost sounds like something Johnson would say eh)

So there, what do you think? Are we gonna see this from our lifetime? In about 2 years?
Reach doesn't need a graphical update, it still holds up exceptionally well after all these years. The most it really needs is an Xbox One port running in 1080p60.
Gosh, I seriously hope that it does happen. Maybe then id take MCC out of my pizza oven.

iiBloxorz wrote:
Reach doesn't need a graphical update, it still holds up exceptionally well after all these years. The most it really needs is an Xbox One port running in 1080p60.
Last i heard there was a update that did this, i cant confirm though as i havent touched it since... but i want too..
iSethFPS wrote:
Gosh, I seriously hope that it does happen. Maybe then id take MCC out of my pizza oven.

iiBloxorz wrote:
Last i heard there was a update that did this, i cant confirm though as i havent touched it since... but i want too..
As far as I know, the latest and greatest technology we have for Reach is backwards compatibility on the Xbox One. While it is on the latest gen console, it still runs in 30fps, since anything backwards compatible runs on nothing more than a 360 emulator.
Really wish we did but hey, still looking forward to that!
Still a shame in any case
It’ll be really awesome if it was made.
I want to say no, then again Reach was released in 2010 which was about 3 years before nextgen consoles. I really don’t t think it needs a remaster because the game itself remains beautiful and remarkable 8 years later! Only Halo left that I see would need a remake is Halo 3, maybe they could even bundle it along with ODST
If they remastered Halo 3 (which indeed makes more sense than doing so for Halo: Reach), I think it'll be an update for MCC (or they'll sell a new edition). Only problem is, no way to earn back the investment (other than through Xbox Live Gold subscriptions).
I very much doubt they'll remaster Halo 3 as a standalone, as it's already backwards compatible, looks ok, and it's also included in MCC.
Mostly likely not or in the next few years . I would think this because where is halo 3. Right . Halo reach still has a good population. And is pretty good to play. Also 343 had a update for it in August I think
If the best selling Halo game didn't get a remaster, the second best selling game isn't going to get a remaster. Although Halo 3 is my favorite game of all time, and I was quite disappointed after 2017's E3 not showing Halo 3 Anniversary, I still think that this Anniversary thing needs to stop. I wish that my favorite Halo game could come back in all it's glory as well, but I wouldn't be hopeful for it because 343i need to make the next Halo games as good as they can. Halo is in a tough position right now, so I think we should just let 343i do their thing and make Halo the best it can be.
I want to say no, then again Reach was released in 2010 which was about 3 years before nextgen consoles. I really don’t t think it needs a remaster because the game itself remains beautiful and remarkable 8 years later! Only Halo that I see would need a remake is Halo 3, maybe they could even bundle it along with ODST
It doesnt need a graphical update but if they did a remaster it would sureley sell well right? Then we can have the server populations that we had in the golden days
I'd like to see it on the next xbox with 1080p 144fps maybe, if it doesn't end up breaking the physics
It would be something exciting and would not make you think twice before acquiring.
It would be awesome, but unlikely.
I don't think we'll see any more remaster/anniversary editions until the next console cycle, tbh.

If anything, they'd wait for the 15 year anniversary of H3 in 2022 - on the next gen console.
Probably not, they should just optamize it, make it look better, but it on Xbox one, increase the population, take out armor lock lol
KingOHeart wrote:

And from the informations I've gathered (http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Halo) Halo:Reach was the second best selling game of the franchise, next to Halo 3.

And perhaps one of the most memorable and popular entry in the franchise (https://www.gamesradar.com/best-halo-games/ Now I may be biased because it's my favorite right, so take this as a source, as trustful as it may be)

And surely 343i have seen it, and surely too the community would love themselves some good old Reach too.

So do you think they've got something in store to commemorate the end of Bungie's contribution to the serie, and the ultimate conclusion (Or beginning in a way) to the ''original'' serie?

I dare guess so, helps me sleep at night I'd say, 'Cause as much for me as many others I'm sure, we all would love to get back on the field with our fellow Nobles and kick some alien butts of the spire, down New Alexandria's skyscrappers, up in space and everywhere they show up.

So there, what do you think? Are we gonna see this from our lifetime? In about 2 years?
I honestly don't think they are going to do that. I would be nice to see one. I'd rather see a Halo 3 remake.
i would like to see a reach remaster.
KingOHeart wrote:

Honestly, I would personally not like to see Reach Anniversary. Reach is by far my favorite overall Halo game (I like 2's story best) and as a lot of other comments have said Reach still looks good. I say that Reach actually looks better than 4 and 5 but that is just my opinion. I think there is no need to, there are plenty of achievements, the multiplayer is very alive and it is backwards compatible. My biggest reason is because I don't want 343 to change or mess something up in a game that I already feel is perfect. Again this is only my opinion :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2