Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

Are we gonna see Halo: Reach Anniversary?

OP KingOHeart

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
If they remaster / optimise Halo reach and/ or Halo 3 for the Xbox one X with 4K graphics ...They will make their investment back by people buying more Xbox one x consoles and the MCC.
Or if they sell the anniversary Halo 3 / reach remaster as a standalone game ..I am sure lots of people will buy it, including me, on top of buying an xbox one x.
People bought the Xbox for halo. More / better halo...more xbox console sales.
Lol guys this game doesn't need an anniversary, it still looks amazing to this day!
iiBloxorz wrote:
Reach doesn't need a graphical update, it still holds up exceptionally well after all these years. The most it really needs is an Xbox One port running in 1080p60.
Exactly.
I'm guessing they'd do it, not as much for the graphics but for the money it could make. Same goes for Halo 3. I probably love halo 3 as much as the next guy, which means alot since we're all on a halo forum for fans. But selling both as like, DLC or extensions, as Halo ODST was in MCC could be a good idea. You know what else they could add to MCC? Firefight. I'm sure you guys can remember playing firefight, music playing in the background, snacks all around, messing around with your buddies. I remember grinding for the 2,000,000 Score on Firefight on Reach, all night. I miss that.
That would be cool, but armor lock better not come back with it lol
iiBloxorz wrote:
Reach doesn't need a graphical update, it still holds up exceptionally well after all these years. The most it really needs is an Xbox One port running in 1080p60.
I 100% agree with this statement!
I really want this and A halo 3 anniversary but 343i probably wont because work on halo infinite
I'd love to see a remaster, but really only if it added a lot to the game. Here is an idea I really like.

Add a second campaign.

I'm not sure how it would fit in with the established fiction, but it probably doesn't matter anymore.Once you finish the first campaign with Noble team, you unlock a second campaign on the main menu, where you play as Master Chief and Blue team and a bunch of stuff they did on Reach during the fall, and how eventually they got separated, how Fred and Kelly escaped, Master Chief gets called to the Pillar of Autumn and how Linda was supposed to be there too, but she couldn't make it and had to escape via other means.
Not sure but I think the fiction says she actually made it, got wounded, and then jettisoned from the Autumn in her cryotube before reaching Halo. I'm willing to let them change that. I'd rather have her miss the Autumn and scramble to find another way off Reach.

I think that would be a great Anniversary addition. Splitscreen and System Link included of course. : )

I'd like to see a couple new levels inserted into the Noble Team campaign, as I felt it was a little light. As for Blue Teams campaign, using a new engine I'd like to see a couple large wide open battlefields, a couple very long levels, and a handful of huge set pieces accentuating the epic size and scope of the conflict on Reach.

Let me customize FireFight a little. By this I mean swapping things like the missile hog on Beachhead, for a regular hog, etc. Nothing too drastic.

One thing I wanted in the original release, regarding FireFight, especially when they gave us those ODST in the Anniversary dlc, was the ability to have one or two of Noble team with you in the FireFight levels. A.I. controlled just like in the campaign. I played a lot by myself, and appreciated the ODST (except how quickly they dropped), and being able to choose a couple Noble team members to keep you company would have been (be) cool. Even being able to have those ODST in all the FireFight levels would be cool. All optional of course, toggle them on and off in the main FireFight menu etc..

"Keep pouring it on, Spartans!"
KingOHeart wrote:
Hello Fans (And possibly staff)

So I was thinking, Halo:Reach came out in like, 2010 right?

And from the informations I've gathered (http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Halo) Halo:Reach was the second best selling game of the franchise, next to Halo 3.

And perhaps one of the most memorable and popular entry in the franchise (https://www.gamesradar.com/best-halo-games/ Now I may be biased because it's my favorite right, so take this as a source, as trustful as it may be)

And surely 343i have seen it, and surely too the community would love themselves some good old Reach too.

So do you think they've got something in store to commemorate the end of Bungie's contribution to the serie, and the ultimate conclusion (Or beginning in a way) to the ''original'' serie?

I dare guess so, helps me sleep at night I'd say, 'Cause as much for me as many others I'm sure, we all would love to get back on the field with our fellow Nobles and kick some alien butts of the spire, down New Alexandria's skyscrappers, up in space and everywhere they show up.

(Almost sounds like something Johnson would say eh)

So there, what do you think? Are we gonna see this from our lifetime? In about 2 years?
In my opinion, I believe reach shouldn’t get a remaster but have some other Halo games be somewhat like it. I believe that reach was one of the best games that has been made. I believe that 343 should make some other games similar to reach like giving back the armor customization where you have to grind for that helmet that you want or add back armor effects. I still to this day believe that armor effects are amazing. Bring back the armor effects to Halo either grinding or buying. Bring the original armor effects and flaming helmets or add new ones into Halo 5, infinite, or some other game in the near future.
A 60 FPS patch and upscailing would be nice for reach on the xbox one.
We haven't even received Halo 3 anniversary, I wouldn't get your hopes up...
iSethFPS wrote:
Gosh, I seriously hope that it does happen. Maybe then id take MCC out of my pizza oven.

iiBloxorz wrote:
Reach doesn't need a graphical update, it still holds up exceptionally well after all these years. The most it really needs is an Xbox One port running in 1080p60.
Last i heard there was a update that did this, i cant confirm though as i havent touched it since... but i want too..
I hope for the release of Halo Reach on the mcc
We haven't even received Halo 3 anniversary, I wouldn't get your hopes up...
Yeah halo 3 was the most successful halo game and we didn't get a remake of that so getting a remake of halo reach is unlikely.
Here's to hoping that Reach is getting a 60fps upgrade and dedicated servers like MCC. Tomorrow's announcement maybe? If it's MCC coming to pc, not really interesting to me ;p
KingOHeart wrote:
Hello Fans (And possibly staff)

So I was thinking, Halo:Reach came out in like, 2010 right?

And from the informations I've gathered (http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Halo) Halo:Reach was the second best selling game of the franchise, next to Halo 3.

And perhaps one of the most memorable and popular entry in the franchise (https://www.gamesradar.com/best-halo-games/ Now I may be biased because it's my favorite right, so take this as a source, as trustful as it may be)

And surely 343i have seen it, and surely too the community would love themselves some good old Reach too.

So do you think they've got something in store to commemorate the end of Bungie's contribution to the serie, and the ultimate conclusion (Or beginning in a way) to the ''original'' serie?

I dare guess so, helps me sleep at night I'd say, 'Cause as much for me as many others I'm sure, we all would love to get back on the field with our fellow Nobles and kick some alien butts of the spire, down New Alexandria's skyscrappers, up in space and everywhere they show up.

(Almost sounds like something Johnson would say eh)

So there, what do you think? Are we gonna see this from our lifetime? In about 2 years?
It's going to be like Halo 3, be acknowledged and not get an anniversary remake.
Guess we can wrap this up with the latest news haha
KingOHeart wrote:
Guess we can wrap this up with the latest news haha
Was literally about to come here and say the same thing. Not only are we getting Halo: MCC on PC but we're getting a full port of Reach to the MCC in 1080p 60fps on base Xbox Ones and 4k 60fps on Xs. Good times to be a Halo fan.
We haven't even received Halo 3 anniversary, I wouldn't get your hopes up...
Well 343 kept the whole "add Reach to the MCC" thing pretty tight lipped. I wouldn't count out H3A entirely just yet. They may have explicitly stated that they won't be doing it, but if 343 has kept Reach a secret, it's not too much of a stretch to think they're keeping H3A a secret as well. Wishful thinking at this point, I know, but hey we shall see.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2