Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

Auto Update and Rating Files

OP NeverGunnaBeMLG

I think it would be cool if there was an auto update feature for Halo 5 where as soon as you get on the game it automatically updates all the files you have downloaded. So if someone updates their map or gametype you don't have to re-download it.

Another cool thing to add is to be able to rate files from 0.5 Stars to 10 Stars but you can't just randomly submit one you have to actually view the file to be able to rate it, and not just one second of a 10 minute film, to rate a ten minute film let's say you'd have to watch maybe like 3 minutes of it or something like that.
I think that would be a pretty good idea as long as the game can decipher between an updated version of the game type or map or a variant of the map. If the creator meant to have different versions of the map and the game decided to overwrite the existing one every time they uploaded the new variant, it would suck to lose the first variant.

I like the idea of rating though. Right now its hard to tell what is actually good or funny or whatever because the chain pictures where people say "download to unlock:" are usually at the top of the list because people are dumb.
Quote:
I think that would be a pretty good idea as long as the game can decipher between an updated version of the game type or map or a variant of the map. If the creator meant to have different versions of the map and the game decided to overwrite the existing one every time they uploaded the new variant, it would suck to lose the first variant.

I like the idea of rating though. Right now its hard to tell what is actually good or funny or whatever because the chain pictures where people say "download to unlock:" are usually at the top of the list because people are dumb.
I think it would be an option you can turn off, you could also go to the list of updates and choose which version of map or gametype you want, the creator can also put like a patchlist to mention what he or she fixed.

Pretty much man I mean all it is ERMAGERD DL DIS AND GIT MILLIONZ OF CREDITZ or HOT CHICK DOWNLOAD NAO! And it sucks man, to find good stuff you always have to go on websites such as ForgeHub to actually find 'em.