Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Awful randoms

OP Dirty Nurse

Is it just me or when searching as in incomplete party does the game give you the worst possible teammates 99% of the time? Played ten games of multi team tonight as a full team and easily won, when our third left we chanced another and lost on crazy king sword base to a three box. Granted, two black screens ensured suboptimal hills in the center of the map and also four of the other hills spawned in the open and as such were almost impossible to control as the guests just suicided the hills. Our “teammate” just ignored the objective and went on his merry way to an abysmal 27-11 performance not even trying to help win the game. The next few games we played we encountered similar useless teammates yet still mustered wins at the cost of our k/d and sprees. Does this happen to anyone else or am I just unlucky with randoms?
I'm right there with you. It's not just Halo Reach, its every single Halo game. Just happens to be the way things are. Gotta learn to carry like a BOSS
I'm right there with you. It's not just Halo Reach, its every single Halo game. Just happens to be the way things are. Gotta learn to carry like a BOSS
It's less of every Halo game and more of every video game in general.
It's less of every Halo game and more of every video game in general.
That's fair though I only notice when playing Halo because that's where I actually pay attention. When it comes to other multiplayer games, I don't care enough to look
Well it must just be my luck because yet again last night, played a handful of multi games with my buddy and not once did we get useful “teammates”. Yet other teams of pure randoms managed to give us a run for our money(though in obj games they simply suicide to get obj time without any thought or planning). Glad to know that selecting “winning” in the psych profile does so much good...
Well it must just be my luck because yet again last night, played a handful of multi games with my buddy and not once did we get useful “teammates”. Yet other teams of pure randoms managed to give us a run for our money(though in obj games they simply suicide to get obj time without any thought or planning). Glad to know that selecting “winning” in the psych profile does so much good...
Yep, seems normal to me. Happens every single time my girlfriend and I play Halo. It gets to be a tad ridiculous
All night long these kids are no help...yet magically when the same useless random we get is on an opposing team a few matches later they get time for them. Unbelievable. Even had a couple blatantly trying to betray us too. I get that randoms in general are pretty unreliable but for some reason I tend to get the worst of the draw
All night long these kids are no help...yet magically when the same useless random we get is on an opposing team a few matches later they get time for them. Unbelievable. Even had a couple blatantly trying to betray us too. I get that randoms in general are pretty unreliable but for some reason I tend to get the worst of the draw
I know that feeling all too well. It happens nearly every single time I play Halo
With Reach nowadays I seem to have the opposite problem. I get teamed with parties of 3 in Team Slayer that most of the 3 don't seem to want to fight 1/4 of the time and would rather betray or just sit there and get killed. But when I am fighting against them a few matches later they are suddenly playing good, very annoying.
I know that feeling man. I mostly play SWAT in Reach and I don't have hardly anyone on my friendslist that still plays Reach, if any Halo title at all, so I have to play with a full lobby of randoms. Some rounds it's not too bad but more often then not it seems like I am carrying my team by 10+ points most matches when we do win. And then I have had the complete opposite of that where we lose because at least half my team quits because the entire enemy team is using exploits in the map to spawn lock us into one or two areas. But every once in a while I manage to get a few matches were it's a pretty close game between two teams that are actually working together.
I know that feeling man. I mostly play SWAT in Reach
If you play SWAT in Halo Reach, you probably come across the same guy's/gal's several times over. My girlfriend and I usually play SWAT when we're on Halo Reach. There's at least a dozen gamertags we'd recognize because all they play is SWAT
If you play SWAT in Halo Reach, you probably come across the same guy's/gal's several times over. My girlfriend and I usually play SWAT when we're on Halo Reach. There's at least a dozen gamertags we'd recognize because all they play is SWAT
Yea, I see a lot of repeat tags. Or some will stick around for a few rounds instead of backing out and refreshing the search after every match.
Yea, I see a lot of repeat tags. Or some will stick around for a few rounds instead of backing out and refreshing the search after every match.
Yep. Alot of those guys have some crazy stats because that's all they play
I mostly play SWAT because it is pretty straight forward, now power weapons/vehicles....no shields/abilities. Everyone is pretty much on an even playing field and it comes more down to skill than who has the better weapon. That and I see less cheaters/hackers in SWAT than I do in games like BTB.
I mostly play SWAT because it is pretty straight forward, now power weapons/vehicles....no shields/abilities. Everyone is pretty much on an even playing field and it comes more down to skill than who has the better weapon. That and I see less cheaters/hackers in SWAT than I do in games like BTB.
That's fair. The games are usually pretty quick as well so even if you're getting completely crushed, the pain doesn't last very long
That's fair. The games are usually pretty quick as well so even if you're getting completely crushed, the pain doesn't last very long
Same thing in multi team if our third would focus on winning instead of running around the map completely oblivious of the objective. If any of you reading this want to win games and are not awful at halo send me a friend request. I’m sick and tired of losing games because our random either quits before the game starts or simply avoids getting time the entire game.
Were Halo players (watch Luke the Notable series on Halo players are better than_____) our job, our existance is to carry our team no matter what game we are playing. No we won't carry it like a Boss, but like a CHIEF!
Same thing in multi team if our third would focus on winning instead of running around the map completely oblivious of the objective. If any of you reading this want to win games and are not awful at halo send me a friend request. I’m sick and tired of losing games because our random either quits before the game starts or simply avoids getting time the entire game.
Feel free to add me if you like. I'll be spending quite a bit of time on MCC once the new patch comes out. HOPEFULLY a FFA playist will be added but if not, I'm going to make an effort to add a ton of new and ACTIVE people so I have plenty of people to play Halo with. I don't mind losing when I'm playing with friends but can't stand losing with randoms.