Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Backwards Compatability.

OP Stanlyhalo

Hey if 343i is reading this, I would like to request to have the original halo and halo 2 for Xbox become backwards compatible with the Xbox one, peoplebpeople told to contact the developers of the game to make it backwards compatible, but I couldn't find the official 343i email.
Stanlyhalo wrote:
Hey if 343i is reading this, I would like to request to have the original halo and halo 2 for Xbox become backwards compatible with the Xbox one, peoplebpeople told to contact the developers of the game to make it backwards compatible, but I couldn't find the official 343i email.
Microsoft announced some time ago that no more games will be added to the backwards compatible catalogue.
Well that just sucks.
x N7 117 x wrote:
Stanlyhalo wrote:
Microsoft announced some time ago that no more games will be added to the backwards compatible catalogue.
Do you know why this is? I understand that it could be complicated to get these games to work, but the original Xbox's backward-compatible catalog has always felt a bit bare-bones.
x N7 117 x wrote:
Stanlyhalo wrote:
Do you know why this is? I understand that it could be complicated to get these games to work, but the original Xbox's backward-compatible catalog has always felt a bit bare-bones.
They said it was in order to focus on the Xbox Series X. I suspect licensing had a part in it as well. Maybe the backwards compatible catalogue will be expanded after the release of the Xbox Series X.
Hopefully, I really love the original feel of Halo: CE with the UI and since MCC messed some things up with both the original and Anniversary (mainly Gearbox messed these things up).
They should make Halo 2 Anniversary its own game, instead of something exclusive to MCC.