2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Quote:
The AR is fine just the way it is...
So you all keep saying, despite countless examples and evidence to the contrary, in response to which no one can seem to explain just HOW these glaring flaws make it "fine"
Quote:
Quote:
So you all keep saying, despite countless examples and evidence to the contrary, in response to which no one can seem to explain just HOW these glaring flaws make it "fine"
What evidence have you supplied? If you rate players on a scale from 1-10 bad being a and good being a 10 then you should be able to destrot 1-6's with the AR up close. 7's might win 2 out of 5 against you and 8's and higher will most likely win 4 out of 5 against you.

The problem isn't the gun like the DMR or the Carbine. The problem is you. Maybe just maybe you need to reevaluate your skill level.
Quote:
Quote:
The AR is fine. It's already baby's first weapon as it is.

I'd even be down for a buff if the bullet magnetism wasn't god forsakingly high. You only have to vaguely aim at your enemy to get a kill with it. You think I'm joking? Sign in a guest and shoot around their body with an AR. It's like magic, the bullets just heat seek!
So because it's the basic, you're saying that it should have a disadvantage compared to other guns? What about balance. That doesn't seem fair to me.

Seriously, play a few games with it. Max out the AR kills commendation, in fact. Then you'll feel my pain.
It is called balancing for skill. AR lets noobs compete, but eventually you're supposed to move into the big boy leagues and use BRs/DMRs.
I feel like the AR is strong as it is.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'd even be down for a buff if the bullet magnetism wasn't god forsakingly high. You only have to vaguely aim at your enemy to get a kill with it. You think I'm joking? Sign in a guest and shoot around their body with an AR. It's like magic, the bullets just heat seek!
So because it's the basic, you're saying that it should have a disadvantage compared to other guns? What about balance. That doesn't seem fair to me.

Seriously, play a few games with it. Max out the AR kills commendation, in fact. Then you'll feel my pain.
It is called balancing for skill. AR lets noobs compete, but eventually you're supposed to move into the big boy leagues and use BRs/DMRs.
"AR is better for CQC"
"Precision weapons take more skill to use"
Which is it. Pick one.

Clearly they don't take more skill to use than the AR, because I see noobs carry them all the time.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What evidence have you supplied? If you rate players on a scale from 1-10 bad being a and good being a 10 then you should be able to destrot 1-6's with the AR up close. 7's might win 2 out of 5 against you and 8's and higher will most likely win 4 out of 5 against you.

The problem isn't the gun like the DMR or the Carbine. The problem is you. Maybe just maybe you need to reevaluate your skill level.
My skill level isn't the problem. The AR takes more than half a clip to kill, and you can't melee>one-shot with it. Those are factual reasons why the AR needs a buff, and not my skill.
Quote:
Quote:
a weapon like the AR doesnt deserve to be powerful, im sorry of i seem mean but its true. the ar is bazicly a spray weapon and doesnt require that much aim while a precision weapon does require more aim and deserves to be more powerful
If you honestly believe that you really aught to watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EitZRLt2G3w
The AR was extremely weak in Halo 3, and everyone spammed the BR. Halo 3 was one of the most successful FPS consoles in it's time.

Now we have a more noobified Halo, with a stronger AR, AAs, and a bunch of other things. Now look at the player base.

If we make the AR too powerful, what is the point in using something else? We already have this problem with the boltshot. Many people WILL quit when the change the boltshot, and this is why I don't bother ever using it because it is a noob weapon that requires little skill to use.

People who use the AR and get killed alot need to get better at using the AR in the best situation, or move onto a more powerful weapon.
AR doesn't need a buff. Learn to play with it. It's deadly in the right hands.
Quote:
Quote:
kinda hard to say you are doing it wrong for a gun that you just point and hold the trigger, but I cant think of any other way you are losing CQC with it.
Two words: Melee, Headshots.

When I'm in melee range, it's easy to get melee'd and then headshotted (or vice versa) which is fatal. Outside of melee range, the weapon is too innacurate to win one-on-one against a DMR or BR in the hands of a somewhat competent player. The AR needs a range boost.

Besides, how quickly do you guys think it's really possible to close the gap? Most of these maps are pretty open. Unless you're camping, you're gonna be passing through those open areas where the AR is useless. It isn't a matter of choosing the right tool for the job--the AR as it is kinda sucks.
100% agree give this motha fugga range boost 343
I lol'd hard when people say "precision weapon take more skill to use than the AR". Get it through your thick skull, the aim assist on those "precision weapons" are far greater and easier to manage.
At the right range, the AR splatters your target with a massive amount of bullets in an extremely short time span. If you get a friend or just split-screen by yourself, get up close, and hold the trigger, their shield will drain in the blink of an eye, and the rest of the clip will kill them. If you're a little bit too far out, you may need to switch to the magnum to score a headshot after running out of bullets. Or rush in for a melee if you're close enough. When I started playing H4, I was surprised how effective the AR was, even on Big Team Slayer. I eventually switched to the DMR because it is effective at more ranges, but when I'm being charged by an AR, I usually don't stand a chance. An AR on full burst deletes the shield faster than BR or DMR. And no matter how strong the AR is, it won't save you from the melee + headshot combo.
The AR is fine the way it is with the range and such. You have to understand, without specific tactical approach, the AR is nothing compare to DMR/BR in mid-long range. Although I have to agree that Halo 4 has the best AR ever. It's deadly, and accurate at the right range.

Here's the math:
- Good AR skill can destroy BR/DMR user in close range
- Good AR skill won't and will never win against BR/DMR user in mid-long range
- Good BR/DMR skill HAVE A CHANCE to destroy AR user in close range

Automatic weapon has a low place in competitive world of Halo and its always has been like that, end of story.

Quote:
AR doesn't need a buff. Learn to play with it. It's deadly in the right hands.
This sums up the whole AR argument
i love how everyone is like blah blah blah your doing it wrong umm your missing a whole lot of factors mainly the fact that precision weapons are just plain better i've only lost to an AR once and i was out of ammo because they feel the need to rush for the melee get a jetpack you will never lose to an AR again but the fact is the DMR is too strong so until its in balance you cant know truly whether it does or not and the fact that a pistol can 1sk from almost the same range is preposterous it needs something but not right now
Quote:
i love how everyone is like blah blah blah your doing it wrong umm your missing a whole lot of factors mainly the fact that precision weapons are just plain better i've only lost to an AR once and i was out of ammo because they feel the need to rush for the melee get a jetpack you will never lose to an AR again but the fact is the DMR is too strong so until its in balance you cant know truly whether it does or not and the fact that a pistol can 1sk from almost the same range is preposterous it needs something but not right now
Dude, punctuation. I'm serious.

As for this case, I disagree with both of you. The Assault Rifle has indeed changed since Halo:Reach, but you should be able to kill someone at close/mid-range if you're above average.

Now, don't take this as an insult, because I hate the AR too. The Suppressor and Storm Rifle are much better at close/mid-range than the AR, so I prefer those. But, like with the BR/DMR fights we recently had at the Halo Wiki, I think it's all a matter of preferences. The AR is more effective against flesh, while the Storm Rifle is effective against shields, and the Suppressor is effective against both.

I think I have made my point here. It's all a matter of preferences.
The AR is better than it should be in my opinion. It is a spam weapon. Pull the trigger, hover reticule over enemy. Very easy to use. And when you say you get killed even in close quarters situations, you just suck. Plain and simple. 1.02 K/D and you say the weapon is messed up? Please, the AR can outmatch the DMR and BR at close range. And if you find yourself using the AR as your primary I feel bad for you. DMR all the way with a magnum, boltshot (which is sooo OP currently), or AR if you have firepower. Halo is not a hard game. Just take your time, don't rage when you die, and lower your sensitivity if you find yourself missing those 10 meter shots.
Quote:
Quote:
AR is fine, you're simply "doing it wrong"

Halo has always been about Grenade/Gun/Melee - in that order for CQC - learn to do it right and you'll start loving the AR and other automatics.

Tactics - this is a skill, its not all about aim, its about putting yourself in the right place at the right time.

Luck - this is also a skill, you think the AR noob is lucky? he really isn't the noob, the noob is you - the other guy is making his own luck, why not stop being a noob and learn to do the same?
Ive seen Assault Rifles mow people down at Mid-Range.. and I have been on the recieving end of it far to often in CQC. If the AR user is actually any good at all, they will kill you pretty swiftly, you however cant just blindly fire it and believe it will be Gods right hand for you.

It just sounds like to me that you think the AR should be able to kill people at Long Range for god sakes, and thats just not right or what the weapon is even for.

The AR is meant to be paired with the DMR or BR in most cases, it will never beat either one of them at Long Range, get over that.
You could also pair the AR with the Magnum, give someone a few shots with the Magnum as they will be near death if your accurate, then switch over to the AR, perfect strategy especially on smaller maps.

You just cant expect to go into battle with only one weapon, no one ever does that. You always need a back up of some type and the Precision weapons fill that role very well, so use them.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

"AR is better for CQC"
"Precision weapons take more skill to use"
Which is it. Pick one.

Clearly they don't take more skill to use than the AR, because I see noobs carry them all the time.
How about both are true. The AR is better for CQC because it is easier to aim. Automatic weapons that don't require head shots are always easier to use compared to precision weapons. In every halo game they have balanced this by giving the headshot weapons faster kill times since they require more aim/skill most people don't maximize the kill time. If I play someone who is competent and I am using a DMR I have to hit all my shots to kill them first. If I miss one I will Die, and the BR requires people to be complete idiots in order to compete with the AR at close ranges. The AR in this game is a as powerful as it has been since CE.
I'd like to agree that the precision weapons are for the more skilled sharpshooters but that is only true for the Covenant/Promethean weapons (except the beamrifle), the magic bullets that come standard with the UNSC guns make them the noobiest gats of all.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5