Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Beginning of “Halo” Mission on Halo 3

OP dryrain23

I was playing through Halo 3 again and got to “Halo” After the Pelican crashes and the mission starts, Chief usually starts with an Assault Rifle and a Rocket Launcher. You can turn around and usually pick up other weapons like a Battle Rifle. Here is the part I’m not sure if it’s just me or not; the BR isn’t spawning at all anymore. I like to pick it up so I can do the Sgt. Johnson Spartan Laser glitch when I play the mission (just fun for me). I have done this on Xbox One with the backwards compatible and Xbox 360 and it is doing the same on both. So, long story short, is this happening to everyone or just me? Thanks!

UPDATE 8/14/19: Not sure if someone from 343i saw my post or if it was just random but the BR does spawn at the beginning of the mission now on the OG version of Halo 3 again. Thanks for the replies and happy gaming!
Well, that is very strange. I have never heard of that happening before. I will give it a try when I get home.

Edit: Okay, so I went on the Xbox 360 version of Halo 3, on both Normal and Legendary difficulty, and you are right. No battle rifle. So, I went onto Halo: The Master Chief Collection and low and behold, there was a battle rifle in the snow.
x N7 117 x wrote:
Well, that is very strange. I have never heard of that happening before. I will give it a try when I get home.

Edit: Okay, so I went on the Xbox 360 version of Halo 3, on both Normal and Legendary difficulty, and you are right. No battle rifle. So, I went onto Halo: The Master Chief Collection and low and behold, there was a battle rifle in the snow.
So odd. Well I appreciate you checking and giving me some validation. Maybe it is just a small glitch 343i can iron out. I thought I had lost my mind lol
Whats the glitch
Whats the glitch
That the BR doesn't spawn at the beginning of the Halo 3 level "Halo".
Whats the glitch
If the BR not showing up was the glitch you were referring to then thats it. The glitch with Johnson’s Spartan Laser is different. That glitch you need a precision shot weapon (battle rifle, carbine, etc.) and you can pick up the BR you need at the beginning of the mission at the crashed Pelican. You proceed through the level like normal, kill the first Flood that drops with a Gravity Hammer, take it, then go to the LEFT side of the tower, grenade jump up to the first level, then grenade/Hammer/crouch jump onto the middle part of the spire. Walk all the way up, jump onto a small ledge on the left, walk up and jump onto the snowy cliff all the way to where Johnson has the laser. Shoot him in the head once with the BR dropping his laser off the side. He respwns with another one, shoot him in the head again killing him, then quickly pick up his Spartan Laser and it will have infinite ammo and you can shoot the Flood from the safety of the cliff. Really helpful on Heroic/Legendary but kind of tricky to pull off. I also play the mission the normal way but the laser is more fun. You can look it up on Youtube.
dryrain23 wrote:
Whats the glitch
If the BR not showing up was the glitch you were referring to then thats it. The glitch with Johnson’s Spartan Laser is different. That glitch you need a precision shot weapon (battle rifle, carbine, etc.) and you can pick up the BR you need at the beginning of the mission at the crashed Pelican. You proceed through the level like normal, kill the first Flood that drops with a Gravity Hammer, take it, then go to the LEFT side of the tower, grenade jump up to the first level, then grenade/Hammer/crouch jump onto the middle part of the spire. Walk all the way up, jump onto a small ledge on the left, walk up and jump onto the snowy cliff all the way to where Johnson has the laser. Shoot him in the head once with the BR dropping his laser off the side. He respwns with another one, shoot him in the head again killing him, then quickly pick up his Spartan Laser and it will have infinite ammo and you can shoot the Flood from the safety of the cliff. Really helpful on Heroic/Legendary but kind of tricky to pull off. I also play the mission the normal way but the laser is more fun. You can look it up on Youtube.
Thanks
x N7 117 x wrote:
Whats the glitch
That the BR doesn't spawn at the beginning of the Halo 3 level "Halo".
I was talking about the Sgt. Johnson Spartan Laser glitch.