Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Best Blood Gulch?

OP Aut0b0t117

Personally, I like Coagulation the most, simply because of the inside of the bases. Just the idea of a three floor setup interests me greatly.
It's a toss up between Hemorrhage and Bloodline for me. While Bloodline is incredibly detailed, aside from the grey bases, Hemorrage has a brighter colour palette I think.
Bloodline all the way for me! They managed to add more detail and more vehicles while improving balancing. It’s a lot of fun to activate the EMP and see an enemy Hornet plummet to the ground. Nothing beats the classic version, of course.
tuhin94 wrote:
Bloodline all the way for me! They managed to add more detail and more vehicles while improving balancing. It’s a lot of fun to activate the EMP and see an enemy Hornet plummet to the ground. Nothing beats the classic version, of course.
Yeah, the EMP is pretty awesome. But, I don’t know, the Banshee hanger makes the whole base feel bigger. But, if you merge the two, now THAT would be cool.
x N7 117 x wrote:
It's a toss up between Hemorrhage and Bloodline for me. While Bloodline is incredibly detailed, aside from the grey bases, Hemorrage has a brighter colour palette I think.
I don’t really like Hemorrage, if I’m honest. It’s all the colour palette. The thing that makes Blood Gulch stand out to me, is the dark orange and light green. It feels like a country road. It feels COOL. If I had to pick between the two, It would be Bloodline because of that.
Aut0b0t117 wrote:
Personally, I like Coagulation the most, simply because of the inside of the bases. Just the idea of a three floor setup interests me greatly.
Considering the poor vehicle mechanics, OP pistol, and dodgy spawns on OG Blood Gulch, I absolutely agree that Coag is my favorite.

In fact, it's not even close. Coagulation is an amazing map.
Hemorrage is the best one.
Coagulation. If Halo 3 had a Blood Gulch map, it'd be better because everything is more balanced, but it has Valhalla which I think suits the game way better and looks nicer on top of that. Coagulation gives the player a rifle that, yes can be used at long ranges but isn't truly effective at it, and also can be contested by other weapons in different scenarios. I can't count how many times I make a break for the flag only to be met with heavy SMG resistance or one smart SMG Magnum user. The sniper feels better because it's hit scan, so that one's obvious. Banshees aren't godly because rocket tracking exists and shooting the wings off increases damage from what I remember, but still have plenty of utility due to their speed. The weapon balance and especially vehicle balance is better now. It's the best iteration of the map, hands down.
Coagulation is my favourite.