Forums / Games / Halo: Reach

[Locked] Best way to earn credits?

OP Wrightrj

I've tried so many different ways to earn credits, I currently play on offline mode. Every gametype gives so little credits compared to matchmaking games. Does anyone have any methods of what they did to earn credits fast?
For non-matchmaking credits, you're now limited to campaign commendations and challenges relevant to campaign. I've seen examples where up to 3 of the daily challenges could be done in campaign or non-matchmaking firefight but I've also seen many days when all the challenges were for matchmaking. And this week, for the first time in months, the weekly challenge is for campaign. I continue to mourn the removal of custom challenges.

Also if you have Halo CE Anniversary and haven't done so already, activate the terminal on each level and enter the corresponding glyph code in the Classified section of Halo Waypoint (which now is available only on the Xbox version and requires a Gold account). Getting all of them will give you 100K credits in Reach.
Firefight and grifball.
Mr JVacha wrote:
Firefight and grifball.
As I said... I play offline mode :/
For non-matchmaking credits, you're now limited to campaign commendations and challenges relevant to campaign. I've seen examples where up to 3 of the daily challenges could be done in campaign or non-matchmaking firefight but I've also seen many days when all the challenges were for matchmaking. And this week, for the first time in months, the weekly challenge is for campaign. I continue to mourn the removal of custom challenges.

Also if you have Halo CE Anniversary and haven't done so already, activate the terminal on each level and enter the corresponding glyph code in the Classified section of Halo Waypoint (which now is available only on the Xbox version and requires a Gold account). Getting all of them will give you 100K credits in Reach.
Thanks!
Bump
Play griffball with a full team and hold the bomb for the round and get the game tied 2-2 then the last round win wen theres 10 seconds lefti cap out the limit in a few hours but to get pastthat just change your time zone back 12 hours.
Play griffball with a full team and hold the bomb for the round and get the game tied 2-2 then the last round win wen theres 10 seconds lefti cap out the limit in a few hours but to get pastthat just change your time zone back 12 hours.
I play offline mode, Can't play grifball :c
Grifball, Firefight online and.......oh yeah, complete those daily challenges.

I was able to get my rank up faster by doing all those things.
If you play offline then there is no best way bc you can only get a few cr offline anyway.
All I can say: here.
Well, you could always do the credit farming cheat on Oni Sword Base. But I'd just stick with playing campaign missions I guess.
Well, you could always do the credit farming cheat on Oni Sword Base. But I'd just stick with playing campaign missions I guess.
I actualy discovered the best way to get credits offline is playing Mulitplayer games, offline, My brother and I did some 1v1s, we were both getting 200+ credits fast
Yeah, just a lot of firefight
If u offline u got a tough journey
Yeah, just a lot of firefight
firefight dont work nub
offline mode gives a significant decrease in credits from the online mode, idk why it just does.
Commendations.
offline mode gives a significant decrease in credits from the online mode, idk why it just does.
This was done to prevent cheating offline. Basically, it was put in place as a two part preventative measure. The other part was the mandatory sacrifice of some cR and rank if you were going online with your Reach profile for the first time into matchmaking. Basically, Bungie did not want people to use ill-legit methods offline to get to inheritor and then go online for the first time and have the max rank saved on their profile. This was very smart on Bungie's behalf.
Wrightrj wrote:
I've tried so many different ways to earn credits, I currently play on offline mode. Every gametype gives so little credits compared to matchmaking games. Does anyone have any methods of what they did to earn credits fast?
Now when you say offline, you mean offline with no internet connection, or offline as in internet connection with Xbox LIVE Silver? If you have an online connection with LIVE Silver, you can keep an eye out for the three daily challenges 'Shootin N Lootin', 'Blastin N Relaxin', and 'Light Fare' . These three daily challenges should allow you to get 1000 cR to 4343 cR by getting 100-200 kills in any gamemode on Reach, so even if you cannot go into matchmaking, this would make matters easier for you if you have an internet connection with LIVE Silver. Campaign based challenges should also be accessible if you have LIVE Silver with an internet connection.

Otherwise, your ability to earn cR with no internet connection will be severely limited to commedations for large cR boosts
Wrightrj do not follow this advice, even though it is several years old. It is an unintended by the developer way of boosting offline, which does violate LIVE Code of Conduct and can get you banned when you go online. Speaking of which, this is a revived thread. stckrboy can you lock this thread please.