Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

Best way to get Credits on halo reach offline?

OP DriftyFoil9

I don’t have Xbox live but I still wanna get credits to get different helmets, does anyone know the best way to do this? Also I have my friends account that has live but it won’t let me play old games like reach or halo 3 for matching making, does anyone know why that happens as well?
I don’t have Xbox live but I still wanna get credits to get different helmets, does anyone know the best way to do this? Also I have my friends account that has live but it won’t let me play old games like reach or halo 3 for matching making, does anyone know why that happens as well?
As for being unable to play in matchmaking, both Halo: Reach and Halo 3 require an XBOX LIVE GOLD account, not just the standard Xbox live account. (caps are b/c that's how Microsoft writes it.)
For Offline play, someone else could probably give a better answer. I had Xbox live back when I got Reach so I don’t know how getting credits offline compares to online other than offline is slower than online.

You may need to see if your friends account has Xbox Live Gold. You can still have an Xbox live account to access the store, friends list, etc. but without Gold you can’t play online multiplayer.
Just a note here but you should not have access to your friends account. Accessing accounts that do not belong to you is against Xbox Live terms of service
you can get a limit of 1000 cr offline x day only. If for some reason you reach 1001 cr or more offline and you try to synchronize it online the progress will be resetted at 1000 cr.
If you're able to see your friends list but can't play xbox 360 games on matchmaking, then you most likely have the free silver membership. If that's the case, then the best way to get credits is daily campaign challenges and sometimes there will be firefight challenges you can complete offline (the challenge can be completed offline as long as it doesn't say the word matchmaking.) Playing full games of Firefight gives a good amount of credits and when you rank up, corporal to sergeant for example, you will earn more credits for completing matches.
stckrboy wrote:
Just a note here but you should not have access to your friends account. Accessing accounts that do not belong to you is against Xbox Live terms of service
Is that even if a friend is like “sure you can play on my account”....?
If you’re truly offline I think there’s an offline credit cap, limiting what rank you can achieve without online play and thus limiting your ability to unlock everything. At least if my memory is serving me right from the brief time I played with no internet. If you HAVE internet and you just don’t have an Xbox Live Gold membership then you can do daily challenges for firefight/campaign and you should be able to get commendations in those modes. There’s also both an online and offline daily credit cap if I remember that right, too. If you’re really totally offline you’re kind of out of luck. But I think spending 10 plus minutes in any game that you finish properly (like a campaign mission or custom game that ends in victory or defeat) awards the max amount of offline credits.

Nobody quote me on any of this, this is just foggy memories of a few month period when I was grinding Reach without internet in high school because the internet was down and my parents didn’t want to bother fixing it .
Custom Firefight would be my guess but offline credit gathering in Reach is severely nerfed so it'll be slow-going regardless of what you do.
stckrboy wrote:
Is that even if a friend is like “sure you can play on my account”....?
Yes, it's still against Xbox Live terms of service. If anyone has access to your account and does something malicious, you are still held liable and can lose access to it permanently