...
You mean BF3 ? eh
Microsoft/pulisher says it's too expensive to have dedicated servers with such a popular franchise as Halo.
What if we pay for host privilages?

Imagine...a diamond membership with all the perks of a gold one, with a few extras like dedis thrown in
No lag ever? No, not happening until everyone have fiber optics or quantum entaglment connections.

Games can lag even with servers.

As long as a normal matchmaking system is in place where I can play normally, I would be for this because of the random lulz I would get through visiting servers. If there is going to be only servers like ala BF3, then no, I stopped playing BF3 after mostly every server went ahead with crazy ticket points and hour long games, there was no real progress.

Most servers would be "XxXProDMBRxXx's über pro server" where most maps are half made forge maps with half made game modes where the rules are unclear, the game mode is boring and the server is empty, save the host who's just derping around.

Taging your server wouldn't work either. The host will tag false tags to get more players or players who doesn't like it will post degrading tags about it, happened to my file share in Reach.

Yes, there would be proper servers where you could play normally and properly and have really fun game modes but I think they'd be rare to find and most likely always full.

I'm not being harsh and stupid, I'm being realistic. The idea is nice but would be hard and difficult to pull off and the result may not be the diamond you expect.

Perhaps a Custom Games search?
Thats what I thought would be in this game (custom match playlists). They make it hard to even bother with Forge when theres no way to alert the public of the great creations people make.

Fileshare was okay but you'd have to dig about for custom maps an gametypes

Wouldnt it be better to "submit' a map to someone so it can be tested, then added to a custom match list?

Then the community and public could rate them so it filters out the good from bad?
...
Dedicated servers would be awesome, I agree. But it would be expensive to fund, even for Microsoft.
Quote:
You never played on PC did you? Just play a round counter strike with the right tickrate and you will experience almost zero lag, same with a lot of other pc games. we live in 2012 it's not so hard to get a good network code for the game plus good dedicated servers. I am just telling you that most console gamers like you are just accepting the bad condition about lag in most console games. You can says whatever you want but that matchmaking system in halo 4 is just ridiculous. if you would show pc gamers what we guys have to go through on xbox nobody would buy the game there. just realise the fact that i live in europe and i get connected with americans in almost every 2nd game. this is nothing but -Yoinking!- ridiculous. and everybody who is still saying that this system is good is either a fanboy or has never played a modern game with an good network code plus nice servers.
I do have played quite a lot of PC games, still occasionally do, mostly DOTA2 as of now, and yet, I experience lag from time to time even when I've chosen the server closest to my location.

Funny, I live in Europe as well, and I usually never have a problem with severe lag when I play with Americans, sometimes it's not even noticable, for anyone.

Halo 4 doesn't have a perfect matchmaking system, there are problems with connections, yes, there are trueskill problems, I get disconnected from Live quite a lot as well when in Halo 4, if it's on my side, I don't know.

Most often lag is because of the hosts connection, or the distance between host and client, or how busy the lines are between the host and the client. I could play perfectly lag free matches with a 512/512 kbp/s connection on Halo 3, yet with a more powerful connection now, I can experience quite laggy games, both on games with dedicated servers, and games without.

If the whole game is laggy for everyone, then the host selection is the problem. The only advantage a dedicated server has is that it very rarley will become laggy for everyone, if there's lag, one player experiences it because there's something between the server and the client.

Quote:
All right then don't let the gamers choose custom maps and gamemodes, they could still use dedicated server for normal gametypes and maps. this is no excuse for letting us play with a disastrous network code which won't even put us with players from our region in the same lobby. you have to understand that all that 343 is doing is just a cheek. it's ok if you don't want dedicated servers in halo 4, but defending the present situation is just ridiculous.

Quote:
You mean BF3 ? eh

Get away from your isolated thoughts, just because bf3 is one of the rare games which got dedicated servers on xbox you come up with a comparision. as i said on PC every game got dedicated servers. you are the perfect example why devs like 343 are still able to sell games with unacceptable content in them. dont accept everything you get, be judicial.
The key difference here being that it'd be easier for younger players with no clue on how to run a server to get a hold of a server, have a grand big idea, make roughly half of it and put it on the server.

The PC community is to my experience on avarage older than the console community, and in general better at making things properly, or atleast more properly, I'm not saying everything older people do is better, there are exceptions, but compared to a kid with a short attention span, the difference is huge.

I've seen what stuff my youngest nephew comes up with, and what it turns into, fun for perhaps 7 minutes, top.

I'm all for playing customs, although my stats show close to none, because I've never joined a community or so that hosts a lot of them.

Dedicated servers wouldn't be a bad idea if we could make good use of them, and not have non-playable content on them. Players could make content first, and show it off before they get to use a server, for example.

I say, let's make Custom Game searches first and see how it turns out, what kinds of filters we could use. Then build from that.
Quote:
No lag ever? No, not happening until everyone have fiber optics or quantum entaglment connections.

Games can lag even with servers.

As long as a normal matchmaking system is in place where I can play normally, I would be for this because of the random lulz I would get through visiting servers. If there is going to be only servers like ala BF3, then no, I stopped playing BF3 after mostly every server went ahead with crazy ticket points and hour long games, there was no real progress.

Most servers would be "XxXProDMBRxXx's über pro server" where most maps are half made forge maps with half made game modes where the rules are unclear, the game mode is boring and the server is empty, save the host who's just derping around.

Taging your server wouldn't work either. The host will tag false tags to get more players or players who doesn't like it will post degrading tags about it, happened to my file share in Reach.

Yes, there would be proper servers where you could play normally and properly and have really fun game modes but I think they'd be rare to find and most likely always full.

I'm not being harsh and stupid, I'm being realistic. The idea is nice but would be hard and difficult to pull off and the result may not be the diamond you expect.

Perhaps a Custom Games search?
What is wrong with you people who post their comments in colors? It doesn't make you cool, and it doesn't make you original, it just makes it hard to read and looks like you are desperate for attention. "OH LOOK! MINE IS IN GREEN! ALL OF YOURS IS IN WHITE" The impression I get when people do this.

BACK ON TOPIC! I think Microsoft should get their heads out of their butts and add dedicated servers. You would think they would try and make their most popular gaming franchise better or something...
Gears of War 3 had dedicated servers, they don't work very well though, maybe a little better than the current Halo 4 state, sometimes worse, lag will still happen depending on your region and how far from a server you would be compared to other players. Actually Halo would prob work well as the more people who play the better chance you will get paired up with someone closer to you resulting in a better experience. But then you still need multiple servers and various locations.
Quote:
Gears of War 3 had dedicated servers, they don't work very well though, maybe a little better than the current Halo 4 state, sometimes worse, lag will still happen depending on your region and how far from a server you would be compared to other players. Actually Halo would prob work well as the more people who play the better chance you will get paired up with someone closer to you resulting in a better experience. But then you still need multiple servers and various locations.
that involves more people actually playing halo 4

it wont work
Just imagine... where people would be grateful and accept this wonderful game.
Quote:
Just imagine... where people would be grateful and accept this wonderful game.
And THIS my friends is whats wrong with this community. Yes, praise 343 for everything they did to ruin the franchise, hail them for their wonderfully crappy job, be grateful for everything broken.
Quote:
Quote:
Just imagine... where people would be grateful and accept this wonderful game.
And THIS my friends is whats wrong with this community. Yes, praise 343 for everything they did to ruin the franchise, hail them for their wonderfully crappy job, be grateful for everything broken.
I'm sorry that you don't like the game. I just feel that you can't please everyone and it is at least a new game, and not a repeat of previous games. However, that is no excuse to just go cussing and accusing me of liking everything they produce. Halo 4 has its fair share of mistakes, but it's still a game I love to play.
Quote:
Quote:
No lag ever? No, not happening until everyone have fiber optics or quantum entaglment connections.

Games can lag even with servers.

As long as a normal matchmaking system is in place where I can play normally, I would be for this because of the random lulz I would get through visiting servers. If there is going to be only servers like ala BF3, then no, I stopped playing BF3 after mostly every server went ahead with crazy ticket points and hour long games, there was no real progress.

Most servers would be "XxXProDMBRxXx's über pro server" where most maps are half made forge maps with half made game modes where the rules are unclear, the game mode is boring and the server is empty, save the host who's just derping around.

Taging your server wouldn't work either. The host will tag false tags to get more players or players who doesn't like it will post degrading tags about it, happened to my file share in Reach.

Yes, there would be proper servers where you could play normally and properly and have really fun game modes but I think they'd be rare to find and most likely always full.

I'm not being harsh and stupid, I'm being realistic. The idea is nice but would be hard and difficult to pull off and the result may not be the diamond you expect.

Perhaps a Custom Games search?
What is wrong with you people who post their comments in colors? It doesn't make you cool, and it doesn't make you original, it just makes it hard to read and looks like you are desperate for attention. "OH LOOK! MINE IS IN GREEN! ALL OF YOURS IS IN WHITE" The impression I get when people do this.

BACK ON TOPIC! I think Microsoft should get their heads out of their butts and add dedicated servers. You would think they would try and make their most popular gaming franchise better or something...
I thought I was the only one who thought this. Maybe it's just me but it makes me feel like they are trying to let everyone know they are better than them. Which they are not
Quote:
Most servers would be "XxXProDMBRxXx's über pro server" where most maps are half made forge maps with half made game modes where the rules are unclear, the game mode is boring and the server is empty, save the host who's just derping around.
Haha yes that would get annoying also you'd be booted if you didn't play their way. But yes even with servers games still would lag and dedicated servers are costly.