2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 7
Where has this fallacy emerged that only the people getting owned by the DMR think it is OP. I personally use the DMR pretty much exclusively and I dominate with it, to be honest if I get beat by someone not using the DMR or a power weapon I actually feel slightly embarrassed because I had the superior weapon.
wow the -Yoinking!- dmr is not over powered they already lower it by putting to more shots with it .of course its gonna whoop -Yoink- is a designated marksman ship rifle in real life thats like comparing a ar15 with a m16 one hurts more than the other and the br can out gun a dmr just Ghandy hop and strafe you know something a halo player should naturally do
Quote:
I actually agree and think the DMR is fine as it is. if you can't use it, don't hate players that do. that said, the BR should kill in 4 hits! always has and always should do, hence why the DMR is much better at long range fights over a BR - and that shouldn't change. I agree that the Boltshot is OP. it shouldn't replace a shotgun or give everyone on the map a shotgun to start with or there's no point in it being a choice in your ordnance. i do and don't like the loadouts. it's nice to start with a DMR, but 343 are really trying to hard to make it a 'balance/fair' game. go cry me a river if you can't play... Halo 2 allowed you to use the BXR and double-shot in TOURNAMENTS! and that was a major exploit. so if that was allowed. please don't let everyone start with a BR or DMR. it's a weapon that you should fight to obtain like you would on Lockout in H2 or like a power weapon like a sniper or rocket launcher. If you couldn't keep up, it's reflected in rank - that's what the system is for, to separate player skill levels so that (halo 4 here) lvl 100s are against lvl 10s. seriously, wtf is that 343? worst system i've ever seen. so, kinda off-topic for my reply kid, but hey-ho, i digress. N.B. if you want to balance the DMR out, just make it shoot that tiny bit slower because if you stand 1v1 with a BR and DMR firing at same time, the DMR out shoots everytime, so yes, the BR is underpowered, but that's all it needs.
The DMR its NOT fine, SEE the numbers!!! we have over 80 people who agree the DMR and boltshot need balance as I am percent sure, there its people who use the DMR but they hate using it because they have no choice! people the numbers speak for themselves this two weapons if that wasn't the case, believe me the votes would be different but they aren't.
Lets keep voting!
Quote:
Get over it people... Even if you get all the changes you want these forums will never stop over-flowing with your complaints.
So then why are you here?
Quote:
What I think a lot of people are forgetting, is that the DMR shouldn't be OP for one really big reason, it's the predecessor of the BR and actually to keep within the canon, it should never have even been in this game at all. The UNSC Infinity was supposedly stocked with the most advanced gear and weapons, so what place would an outdated rifle have on the most advanced vessel in humanity's fleet? It throws me for a loop as to why 343i decided to include it, when it was replaced after Reach fell in 2552 and now four years later, there's all of a sudden an abundance of these rifles on Infinity.
Because 343 figured that they'd bring it back for all the lovely reach veterans that used nothing but the DMR. This boggles me in gaming, whenever an outdated weapon is introduced in a sequel it's always more powerful than its successor...
I.E.: Gears of war 3 & Halo 4
keep voting pp!
Boltshot yes. DMR no. So I didn't vote. The DMR is perfect . The other weapons could use a buff. Nerfing the DMR would ruin the best utility since H2. Would be a huge mistake.
The DMR and Boltshot are the tier 1 primary/secondary weapons, one could argue the Plasma Pistol is a tier 1 weapon in BTB also.

None of the primary/secondary weapons sound have a more powerful scope than x2, 3x or more just turns matches into mini-snipefests and discourages map movement because it is so easy to pick people off at distance.

343i attempted to address the bloom problem from Reach but created an awfully unbalanced DMR in the process. The DMR need to be reduced to a 2x scope at the very least if possible.

The Boltshot needs to have its range reduced to ~5 metres and only completely drain an opponents shields with the overcharged hit, this is required to give the shotguns their niche because currently I beatout shotgun users often with the one hit kill Boltshot before they are in range for a guaranteed kill.
INTERESTING FUN FACT EVERY SINGLE MLG DALLS HALO 4 PLAYER USED BOLTSHOT AS SECONDARY WHEN GIVEN THE OPTION. INTERESTING FUN FACT, 9 OUT OF 10 OF THEM USED DMR, WITH 1 OUT OF 10 USING BR. ALSO INTERESTING AND FUN IS THAT 9 OUT OF 10 USED JETPACK AND 1 OUT OF 10 USED THRUSTER.

ITS NOT THAT DIFFICULT TO BALANCE THESE THINGS JUST MAKE THESE ONES LESS POWERFUL IM SURE U CAN DO IT 343..

rant from australia over XD
there are solutions to this.. perhaps make br get knowcked out of scope when shot?
but..the dmr has a faster kill time than the br..?
I use the light rifle with a magnum and end up in first more often tha not. There is no balance issue, there is a play style issue that people who -Yoink- don't seem to get, but that's ok, because apparently that's what the forums are for. No-one uses forums for anything except to -Yoink- because they got killed
LMAO the Halo community never fails to entertain me. You guys complain so much about every little thing its sad. your worst then the cod fanboys seriously. there is nothing wrong with the dmr im going to say this but your probably not good. im pretty sure pros have some problems with the boltshot but they still rack up them kills why your hear complaining about the dmr. Now the boltshot I admit it could use a little tweak but honestly its not 343's fault at all..Its YOUR fault you allow people to kill you like that because your lack of skill but I admit its also how people use the weapons cuz if you hide or camp with it the your actually the worst of them all seriously.
Quote:
LMAO the Halo community never fails to entertain me. You guys complain so much about every little thing its sad. your worst then the cod fanboys seriously. there is nothing wrong with the dmr im going to say this but your probably not good. im pretty sure pros have some problems with the boltshot but they still rack up them kills why your hear complaining about the dmr. Now the boltshot I admit it could use a little tweak but honestly its not 343's fault at all..Its YOUR fault you allow people to kill you like that because your lack of skill but I admit its also how people use the weapons cuz if you hide or camp with it the your actually the worst of them all seriously.
LMFAO seriously? if that's so why votes are higher for weapon balance???
lets keep the voting going community we can reach 200 votes!!
I'll probably get crap for this but to me the DMR is fine idk why people say its bad its a good equal to the br i use them both kill the same way with both so its fine but the boltshot needs to be that an overcharge takes only your sheild away so it balences out to plasma pistol level. Dont even get me started on loadouts. why is there no vote if you just want a boltshot nerf vote
As far as I can see, they are pretty balanced. They fit the roles 343 gave them. Perhaps the DMR needs some bloom to teach people the art of pacing and the Boltshot needs to be a 2-shot with the charged shot, so it fits the role of a Mauler more than a Running Riot.
There has been videos and multiple other threads saying how op the DMR is (The boltshot is too but i don't get killed by it that often, it shouldn't have a higher kill range than the scattershot or shotgun though). The DMR not only has a vastly superior range than the BR or carbine, but it also has greater bullet magnetism, a higher RoF than the BR and superior range.

To those saying it's harder to use than the BR... no just no. I tried using the BR 1st and thought it was an good balanced weapon, not a great range and not much bullet spread. I then proceeded to try the DMR. I knew after about 2 mins of using it how imbalanced the weapon was, at long range it is used almost exclusively (few pros who advocate game balance use the Light Rifle instead). At medium range it easily outdoes a BR or Carbine, even at close range the fact it can outdo an assault rifle is laughable.

I wouldn't have a problem with the DMR being as OP as it is if it actually had skill in using it (and before anyone asks when using the DMR i won about 80% of all my duels but just like any person who has a sense of fair play i got bored of how easy and op it was so i switched to using the Carbine for medium and cqc maps and the light rifle for big maps).

The amount of votes and the amount of threads clearly show the DMR and Boltshot is clearly OP.

As for Gears of War 3 yes there was weapon balancing problems but the balance was a lot more balanced than Halo 4 is. The S.O.S and retro lancer received a lot of complaints but there were drawbacks in using it unlike the DMR.
come on people lets keep voting!!!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 7