Bring Verbally Crucified For Liking Halo 4

OP UTR Grayest

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
In my opinion, H4 wasn’t that bad, unlike many others opinions. I’m with you
Welp... All over YouTube, Instagram, etc. I have just been slandered left and right for my unpopular opinions on halo-related things. Such as "halo 4 is as good as reach!" People can disagree, and thats perfectly normal. We can share our opinions on the halo series without get metaphorically crapped on. Ive had so many people say things among the lines of: "ur not a true halo fan lol" or "ur 15 so ur opinion is not relevent." Thoughts?
All of those people you’re complaining about are absolutely right. Halo 4 was absolute garbage. I say this as an original player of CE up until 4. I’d wager that any misguided individual that enjoyed 4 did not play the games since their inception like I did, though I’d love to hear a contrasting opinion. The campaign in particular was so bad that I had to force myself to complete it which was a first for me, and even upon completion I didn’t even remotely enjoy it.
The Halo community can be a very toxic place, there was actually once a site called Halo2sucks.com. The fanbase right now is divided into 3 parts:
Bungie fans (common).
Fans of both Bungie and 343 (uncommon).
343 fans (rare).
4th group soon
Halo PC guys
Welp... All over YouTube, Instagram, etc. I have just been slandered left and right for my unpopular opinions on halo-related things. Such as "halo 4 is as good as reach!" People can disagree, and thats perfectly normal. We can share our opinions on the halo series without get metaphorically crapped on. Ive had so many people say things among the lines of: "ur not a true halo fan lol" or "ur 15 so ur opinion is not relevent." Thoughts?
All of those people you’re complaining about are absolutely right. Halo 4 was absolute garbage. I say this as an original player of CE up until 4. I’d wager that any misguided individual that enjoyed 4 did not play the games since their inception like I did, though I’d love to hear a contrasting opinion. The campaign in particular was so bad that I had to force myself to complete it which was a first for me, and even upon completion I didn’t even remotely enjoy it.
For me it was the same, I have never forced myself to finish a game like I did for halo 4. Wasn’t just the gameplay either, I was lost when the prometheans were introduced and it was really hard to engage myself with what was going on.
I’m more of a Halo 2 guy, but if people enjoy/like Halo 4, then I full respect their choice
Halo 4 isn't bad at all! I really enjoyed the story. It's not my all time favorite but I like it.
I came from the OGxbox and CE as well and 4 was OK , but every halo has its issues so if the OP loves it best great, it really isn't a misguided opinion at all.if your an OG guy your certainly at the age you realize opinions are indeed subjective. Live and let live champ
Halo 4 in my opinion was the worst Halo yet, but you can like whatever you want. I won't call you wrong for liking it. Also YouTube comments are like the bottom of the barrel when it comes to honest discussion. I wouldn't ever try to have a meaningful conversation through YouTube.
That's because the fanbase is toxic and can't stand it if other people like any other Halo game that isn't made by Bungie. I personally love Halo 4 and could care less if people bash me for it.
That's because the fanbase is toxic and can't stand it if other people like any other Halo game that isn't made by Bungie. I personally love Halo 4 and could care less if people bash me for it.
There's nothing "toxic" (nice buzzword, by the way) about debating the quality of the products corporations are selling. Just like how some people bash the original Halo trilogy for not having sprint or Spartan Abilities, other people bash things like poor storytelling, false advertising, etc. in the modern games. Also, saying that people only dislike modern Halo because of the name of the company behind it is absurd, and shows incredible ignorance of 343i's actions throughout the last decade.

There's nothing "toxic" about asking people to think about what it is they're financially supporting as, whether you want to admit it or not, what some people choose to buy directly influences what products are offered to everyone, so if a company releases a mediocre (or bad) product, and it's financially successful, then other companies will see that they can get away with putting in little effort. If I see someone defending a game that could shape the entire industry in a negative way then it would be against my best interest to just keep to myself.
Opinions are like rear-ends. Everyone has one and they all stink. Don't let others bust your chops just because you like something they don't. People are jerks. Don't take anything personally and don't let them dictate anything. You're entitled to your opinion.
Halo 4 is ok, but definitely not the best. I still play it from time to time. Don't listen to the slander from those people on the Internet, they're mostly unimportant and love to get attention.
Haha, thanks for proving my point! ;)
Exactly this! In my opinion the hate/crucifixion he is receiving is totally justifiable - halo 4 was trash simple as that.
J my Angel wrote:
Exactly this! In my opinion the hate/crucifixion he is receiving is totally justifiable - halo 4 was trash simple as that.
So because he has a different opinion he should be hated on?
So I've been a player of Halo since CE was released and Halo 4 is still one of my favorite games, I had a ton of fun playing it. If you don't like it that's totally cool, but don't belittle someone's opinion just because it's not the same as yours. Calling things "trash" or "garbage" isn't constructive and "hating" on people becuase of their opinions is absolutely not toerated here
It's just the most popular of the bunch and some feel it as a personal attack at the "once great series". I use to feel this way but I like the direction 343 is going in and have hope for the future. Just know if anyone who goes out of their way to berate over the internet is no winner. Chin up, spartan.
J my Angel wrote:
I'm just agreeing with that other dude
J my Angel wrote:
J my Angel wrote:
You said "In my opinion the hate/crucifixion he is receiving is totally justifiable". It isn't. No matter if it's your opinion or not. People deserve to have different views whether said views are popular or not.
J my Angel wrote:
J my Angel wrote:
You said "In my opinion the hate/crucifixion he is receiving is totally justifiable". It isn't. No matter if it's your opinion or not. People deserve to have different views whether said views are popular or not.
And i also said exactly this! This is a forum man, people's opinions are bound to clash I'm not gonna battle with you any farther as it's getting off topic.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3