Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

Bring Verbally Crucified For Liking Halo 4

OP UTR Grayest

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Welp... All over YouTube, Instagram, etc. I have just been slandered left and right for my unpopular opinions on halo-related things. Such as "halo 4 is as good as reach!" People can disagree, and thats perfectly normal. We can share our opinions on the halo series without get metaphorically crapped on. Ive had so many people say things among the lines of: "ur not a true halo fan lol" or "ur 15 so ur opinion is not relevent." Thoughts?
You want unpopular opinions?

I think Halo Reach was a wasted opportunity, the narrative was just so contrived it was laughable, didn't like the characters, soundtrack was crying out some love letter to Halo which I didn't care for, it's like they wanted a touching 'goodbye' during the destruction of what was supposed to be the most militarised and fortified world in the UNSC.

It really makes me laugh out loud why they figured a prequel should be written like a space drama sequel. Audience wants attention to detail, further develop and elaborate on past events we didn't see because we already know the outcome.It frustrated me because Reach was so easy to write, you could literally create fire-fight maps in the campaign with a narrative as basic as Spartans and Marines vs Cov. invasion, and it would make sense, it didn't need an elaborate plot, defend X and Y and die fighting was the order of the day.

Granted Reach eventually came to that same conclusion but I wasn't happy, I mean our last mission from Bungie and we're fighting solo at a rally point with no friendly AI? At least put some effort.. fighting with Marines and ODST until you are the last man standing, that's what I expected.

Every time I share the above people never get it or disagree, but it's just my thoughts and feelings, people love Reach, they like the story and good for them, enjoy it. Point here is don't be afraid to share how you feel, and if anyone gives you a hard time for it then they have some kind of issue going on because no normal person would bother to do that to someone else.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3