Does anyone miss the bubble shield from H3? Or any other equipment?
I do I loved the bubble shield. For some reason it’s just pleasing to the eye to see.
I miss the power drain. Throwing that into a man cannon on Valhalla and watching it soar into the battle was always satisfying especially when pinned down by a Banshee.
The equipment is definitely needed in the next halo. All of them were extremely helpful and promoted team play.
There's just something nostalgic about the H3 bubble shield the way it looks and sounds
Halo Reach's bubble shield had the same sound effects as Halo 3's, but Halo 3's was invincible from the outside. If you shot or threw a grenade at the generator, it would take the entire shield out. Halo Reach's got rid of the generator and instead just got rid of the invulnerability from the outside. Halo 4 had it's own bubble shield that was a mix of both the Halo 3's bubble shield and regenerator, but if I remember correctly, the bubble itself gave you no protection, but would slowly heal you. It would be cool to see the bubble shield make a comeback in Halo Infinite.
Halo Reach's bubble shield had the same sound effects as Halo 3's, but Halo 3's was invincible from the outside. If you shot or threw a grenade at the generator, it would take the entire shield out. Halo Reach's got rid of the generator and instead just got rid of the invulnerability from the outside. Halo 4 had it's own bubble shield that was a mix of both the Halo 3's bubble shield and regenerator, but if I remember correctly, the bubble itself gave you no protection, but would slowly heal you. It would be cool to see the bubble shield make a comeback in Halo Infinite.
Yeah I remember the Halo 3 commercial when Chief used the bubble shield, I thought that was the coolest thing ever! I hope they have something cool like for Infinite.
I miss the equipment, yes. I thought those pieces made matchmaking really interesting. The Radar Jammer was a great one until it was taken out of matchmaking entirely. The Trip Mine was another really fun one, too!
On definitely! Halo 3 equipment was the best! Real nostalgic!
I really liked the Regenerator more than anything else, aswell i liked the Idea back in the days where you just had to touch OS or Camo instead of wasting time on triggering a button for the activation
Noicers wrote:
I really liked the Regenerator more than anything else, aswell i liked the Idea back in the days where you just had to touch OS or Camo instead of wasting time on triggering a button for the activation
I agree. I also miss the the sounds they made when you equip the over shield or active camo.
Noicers wrote:
I agree. I also miss the the sounds they made when you equip the over shield or active camo.
Thats why i prefer classic Halo games more, since i have my 152 in Halo 5
I miss a lot of things about Halo 3. I don't much miss equipment looking back though. Armor abilities were a tough thing to get used to, but once I did, it made sense. Equipment was a bit frustrating in retrospect.

Although if we're being technical, yeah, the Bubble Shield was my favorite, and I used it a lot in matchmaking. I never really cared for Armor Lock, but when Halo 4 rolled around I was all about my Hardlight Shield. It felt just right.
I definitely miss the Bubble shield and power drain. Both would help in tricky situations, and it was always fun throwing a power drain into a man cannon no matter what level. :)
I hate equipment, refuse to even play games with that garbage on the map.
I hate equipment, refuse to even play games with that garbage on the map.
That's fair. That's the good thing about Halo, there's something out there for everyone.
I miss throwing down a bubble shield and then dropping a spike grenade in there. The spikes would ricochet off everything and sometimes prove fatal for anyone inside. But half the time the spike grenade would just destroy the bubble shield generator before killing anyone inside.