Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

Can’t find match in halo 3 lone wolves ranked

OP Angry Penguin37

just hopped onto halo 3 (360 version) and can’t find enough players for it to start a match in lone wolves, really disappointing considering I wanted to mop up the old FFA achievements and get some nostalgia going. Is there a certain time of day where more people are playing?
I was able to find few games between 10 pm and 12 am (i'm European so i think it's 1 to 3 pm PDT), but i matched the same 3 players multiple times.
Also, the population counter doesn't work anymore :(
Same here. I've been trying to find a Lone Wolves match for ages to no avail. Social Slayer is the most popular playlist on Halo 3 nowadays. I reckon you'll be able to find a Lone Wolves match if you have the patience to wait for up to an hour, or even longer.
just hopped onto halo 3 (360 version) and can’t find enough players for it to start a match in lone wolves, really disappointing considering I wanted to mop up the old FFA achievements and get some nostalgia going. Is there a certain time of day where more people are playing?
Yeah, the population in competitive is less than 5 when I play. I used to be able to find games in Lone Wolves and Doubles quite consistently until 2 years ago, now I rarely find any at all. There's also to say that I play MCC most of the time (like everyone I think), but I often come back to OG Halo 3 to feel the real experience and not the bugged mess that's MCC. I can only find Social Slayer games now.

I was able to find few games between 10 pm and 12 am (i'm European so i think it's 1 to 3 pm PDT), but i matched the same 3 players multiple times.
Also, the population counter doesn't work anymore :(
Well, I don't know what is the best time to find games, but given the nationality of the gamertags I match in Social Slayer, this game is populated mostly by Mexicans, Australians and Americans. I'm from Italy and thus my playtime it's clearly different than the Americans/Mexicans, so I generally run Halo 3 on Saturday afternoons like 14-19 pm (GMT+1, Rome timezone) and I'm able to find Social Slayer games fairly easily, but rarely Lone Wolves or any other competitive gametype.
I think there are two extreme's in the playlist so if you're somewhere in the middle, you're going to have no luck. Ranks 1-10 and 45-50. An XBL friend of mine was telling me that you have to be somewhere within those two ranges in order to have any sort of luck finding a game.
Try searching during the evening hours of weekends. That’s when you’re most likely to find a match. If not, try to get some friends on the game to help with your achievements.
I think there are two extreme's in the playlist so if you're somewhere in the middle, you're going to have no luck. Ranks 1-10 and 45-50. An XBL friend of mine was telling me that you have to be somewhere within those two ranges in order to have any sort of luck finding a game.
Yes and No, i got two accounts up into the mid 40s from 1s this year, theres games depending on time of day,usually if you wait for evening on est you can find a game. But theres definitely more players 1-10 so you can get a game whenever. 30-50 you get alot of teamers going for meaningless 50s tho, so you can get a game sometimes but usually its a cheater lobby
Axo wrote:
Yes and No, i got two accounts up into the mid 40s from 1s this year, theres games depending on time of day,usually if you wait for evening on est you can find a game. But theres definitely more players 1-10 so you can get a game whenever. 30-50 you get alot of teamers going for meaningless 50s tho, so you can get a game sometimes but usually its a cheater lobby
To comment on the Teamers - this is why we need more people to play OG Lone Wolves. With more consistent games of 5 or 6 players, teamers can be demolished. It is satisfying when you still beat them nonetheless which is why I mostly vote Oddball or King of the Hill.

I regularly upload LW vids to raise awareness (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-u5dJGilDc) to try to bring people back; especially considering the MCC dropped Ranked FFA!
WastedU6 wrote:
Axo wrote:
To comment on the Teamers - this is why we need more people to play OG Lone Wolves. With more consistent games of 5 or 6 players, teamers can be demolished. It is satisfying when you still beat them nonetheless which is why I mostly vote Oddball or King of the Hill.

I regularly upload LW vids to raise awareness (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-u5dJGilDc) to try to bring people back; especially considering the MCC dropped Ranked FFA!
add me on xbl, the only losses i have are from teamers so i wouldnt mind searching arranged 2-4s so we can at least get games
Axo wrote:
WastedU6 wrote:
Axo wrote:

add me on xbl, the only losses i have are from teamers so i wouldnt mind searching arranged 2-4s so we can at least get games
Sweet, dude. I just added you. Looking forward to beating you! /s
Me too. I can't find any match.
Me too. I can't find any match.
You have to search during peak hours - late afternoons and evenings mostly. Keep trying!
Like others have said look during peak hours but also on the weekends it seems easier (for me at least) when I try on the weekends.
It definitely boils down to the time of day. Sometimes the game has almost no one on it and then I think the most I saw on it within recent months was almost 2000 which was awesome.