Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Can 343 gaming not shut down the servers

OP Kidsideshow

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
The halo games is what got me into gaming. I love trash and just got the CQB helmet on my new 360 account and it was worth the grind. Let halo stay man
Probably MS that wants them shut down.
Running servers costs money and the legacy titles just don't have the population anymore to justify them staying on. It was bound to happen eventually either by themselves or by the shutting down of the Xbox 360 version of Xbox LIVE.
Running servers costs money and the legacy titles just don't have the population anymore to justify them staying on. It was bound to happen eventually either by themselves or by the shutting down of the Xbox 360 version of Xbox LIVE.
It's very sad but true.
I think it's better to shut them down so the players can play on MCC instead, boost the pop there a little more
I think it's better to shut them down so the players can play on MCC instead, boost the pop there a little more
MCC could use it, I only wish there was a way to have integrated the service records and ranks from the previous games to be worked on in MCC so we wouldn't be stuck in this predicament of stopping new players from ever achieving those ranks and stats and old players having to give up on something they have been building for years.

Oh well, I am pretty happy with the MCC as the new hub going forward especially if they continue to give it the tender love and care it still needs.
is the server permanently shut down now or not? can 343 put out a post? a lot of people are still playing reach.
do i have to dust off and plug up my xbox1 now?
is the server permanently shut down now or not? can 343 put out a post? a lot of people are still playing reach.
The servers will be shut down at the end of the year, giving those who are still playing plenty of time.
The servers will be shut down at the end of the year, giving those who are still playing plenty of time.
ok. thanks for the reply. so it's currently maintenance going then.
They say that, but Reach's servers have been mostly down for the past several days.
Caroniver wrote:
They say that, but Reach's servers have been mostly down for the past several days.
That doesn't mean anything other than servers have been experiencing issues. Things like this are exactly why they are being shut down at the end of the year - maintaining and operating legacy systems takes time and resources, which in turn diverts those resources away from other things.

Halo 3 itself has been online for 14 years this year which is impressive, but with fewer and fewer players playing these titles online, the justification to keep servers online just isn't there.
It's almost been a decade since the last Halo game came out for the 360. I don't know how many people are playing the original versions of the games, but it's probably not enough to keep the servers running into the new generation.

Shut the servers down. Hopefully the population on those games go to MCC.
It would be nice but it wouldn’t be worth it in the long run, but we still have till December
Justified? Thousands of people, who are now unemployed in a pandemic cannot afford new xbox 1's, controllers, new games, headset, all that jazz. That costs money for non wealthy people.. There is no justification for turning the servers off, its truly sad and disgraceful and i hope they will do the right thing here
stckrboy wrote:
Caroniver wrote:
That doesn't mean anything other than servers have been experiencing issues. Things like this are exactly why they are being shut down at the end of the year - maintaining and operating legacy systems takes time and resources, which in turn diverts those resources away from other things.

Halo 3 itself has been online for 14 years this year which is impressive, but with fewer and fewer players playing these titles online, the justification to keep servers online just isn't there.
The justification is of course there to fix the servers and i hope they will do the right thing in the end... I know many sad people right now who do not have the money to afford a new xbox 1, and a new game, a new headset, controllers, etc.. I myself have xbox 1 and i still enjoy classic reach as well as play mcc sometimes. Many of my friends who only have Xbox 360s will simply have their games and play ability taken away from them, as they cannot afford new xbox's now... They paid for xbox 360, they paid for reach, they paid for xbox live, controllers, headsets, and now they wont be able to play because they wont update our server the fans paid for? Where is the justice in that?
dudes that don't even play these legacy titles in here talking about the servers need to be shut down. gtfoh.
Justified? Thousands of people, who are now unemployed in a pandemic cannot afford new xbox 1's, controllers, new games, headset, all that jazz. That costs money for non wealthy people.. There is no justification for turning the servers off, its truly sad and disgraceful and i hope they will do the right thing here
Please don't use Covid-19 as an excuse. They might not be able to afford all that stuff now, but as the Xbox One came out about seven years ago, chances are they already have one. If people are still playing on a console from two generations ago, a console that saw a final release nearly a decade ago when Halo 4 was released, then that is hardly Microsoft's/343i's problem. From a business standpoint, it doesn't make sense.
It would be nice but it wouldn’t be worth it in the long run, but we still have till December
I look forward to joining some friends of mine over the summer for one final hoorah on the legacy titles. I am very happy 343 gave us the advanced heads up and allowed us some chance to get some closure in the process.
I look forward to joining some friends of mine over the summer for one final hoorah on the legacy titles. I am very happy 343 gave us the advanced heads up and allowed us some chance to get some closure in the process.
Yeah it would of been sad if they did it out of no where so it’s really nice to be able to play
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2