Forums / Games / Halo: Reach

Changed gamer tag and my game history is gone

OP MisterMesh

As the time says I've changed my gamer tag and no I don't see any history from a bunch of older halo games (reach, odst, 3). Anyone know how to get it back?
You cannot get your history back with your new gamertag. The history is tied to your gamertag’s name.

IF you decide to change your gamertag back to what it was (it must be exactly the same), the your Halo 2 stats will return. Halo 3 to Reach will still not show your old stats until you play at least one matchmaking game on your old name.

I went through all this recently and ultimately reverted my gamertag back to what it was. Annoying but I do like having my Halo history on this site.
You'll only lose stat tracking if you make a complete new account, you can sync stats with a new gamertag.
It should be a simple case of loading up each game under your new tag and playing a little. Just make sure to be connected to Xbox Live and everything should sync up after a short time. For Halo 2, the poster above is correct that changing gamertags actually does mean your stats won't sync until you switch to the original tag.
Thanks all!
You cannot get your history back with your new gamertag. The history is tied to your gamertag’s name.

IF you decide to change your gamertag back to what it was (it must be exactly the same), the your Halo 2 stats will return. Halo 3 to Reach will still not show your old stats until you play at least one matchmaking game on your old name.

I went through all this recently and ultimately reverted my gamertag back to what it was. Annoying but I do like having my Halo history on this site.
Ok, you just scared the hell out of me there.
I misunderstood your comment as if that when you change gamertag, all the progress would be gone. I don't want to lose my Hero rank in Reach plz.

Then I read stckrboy and all my hope was replenished. I want to be identified as a Hero in Reach and 130 in Halo 4, but not with my current gamertag.
Well, that made me think twice about changing my gamertag lol
So I can change my gamertag and my progress won't be erased? I just have to play a little bit and it will all come back, correct? That's what I'm hearing, I'm just double checking.