Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

[Locked] Cheaters on Reach?

OP Jazzii man

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I've been playing a lot of Halo Reach lately and I've had a lot of games where strange things have been happening, things which seem like cheating.

Something that has happened a lot is there will be certain players in certain games where their shields just don't seem to go down. Or players where their shields will go down, but then they wont die from headshots or melees after that.
It always seems to be the same players too.

I've noticed that in swat, there have been quite a few games where I'll be shooting people in the head with a full clip and they don't die or even lose their shields (I'm very competent with my aiming).
Again, it happens with the same people in each game.

I had a game yesterday where me and my brother were playing on swat, and the other team were clearly cheating (lag switching or whatever it is these people do). Each time our team got the lead, it would go to black screen for about 10 - 15 seconds. Then when we came back we were dead and their score had magically gone up by about 2 to 4 kills. This happened about every 2 minutes.
Another thing that happened is our shots weren't killing a couple of the players on the team, these were the people that seemed to be responsible.

My connection is good enough that I don't experience things like this on other games on such a regular basic.
So are there just a lot of cheaters on Reach right now? Or is the host advantage just ridiculous on this game?

I'm not complaining, just wondering as it is happening consistently.
There is always a chance they are cheating but it is also an equal chance that either you or the host had a inconsistent connection during the game, resulting in all this happening :/
Quote:
There is always a chance they are cheating but it is also an equal chance that either you or the host had a inconsistent connection during the game, resulting in all this happening :/
It's usually this.....
Most commonly due to people with poor connections, when your searching next time in matchmaking set your preference to good connection it should solve this though it will slow down search times but hey quality beats quantity.
Seearching for good connection doesn't work often.
As for headshotting people over and over in the head, it might have been lag.
When you were shooting at them in the head, were they just walking in one direction and then kept walking into the wall?
Yea tht has happened to me a couple of time where it take a couple of shots to the head to take down a single guy in SWAT.
I used to have problems like that when me and my friends would play, we'd still win but the game would just bug out and still frustrate us because we'd have the same results like shields not depleting, bullets not phasing, etc. I agree with the comments above about super lags. Definitely set your preference to Good Connection, it'll help you out a lot.
Highly doubtful. It's probably just a bad connection. Only verifiable cheating I've seen is a guy with a DMR in SWAT magnums.
Quote:
Highly doubtful. It's probably just a bad connection. Only verifiable cheating I've seen is a guy with a DMR in SWAT magnums.
Highly doubtful? Theres always been cheating in Halo games. Hell I had a guy on my old account who used to use lag switches and host boot people all the time in Halo 3 and Reach. He probably still does it but I don't play much with him anymore.
Now the gate has been unlatched, headstones pushed aside. Corpses shift and offer room, a fate you must abide.
Cheaters I run into most often are from Mexico. I've been playing a lot of Reach and I go back and watch anything questionable in Theater. Lots of lag switchers and players who teleport only when they're being shot at. Could be crappy connections but it's highly suspicious when it's all of them doing it.
Quote:
Cheaters I run into most often are from Mexico. I've been playing a lot of Reach and I go back and watch anything questionable in Theater. Lots of lag switchers and players who teleport only when they're being shot at. Could be crappy connections but it's highly suspicious when it's all of them doing it.
Its their connections or more specifically its their latency. Players from Mexico are one of the worst to get matched up with. I would say that out of all countries Mexico has the most latent internet connections in the world second only to the French. They teleport all over the map, eat bullets for breakfast and even kill you once they are dead. Everytime we get a match like this you have a look at who you are playing and they are either Mexicans or French.

And the worst part is that whenever they come into a game the system seems to award them host.

All what you are talking about above is just lag and poor connections. The only cheating going on here is you being cheated to a good connection to the game due to poor host selection
could be lagg..
Quote:
could be lagg..
In some cases it is just lag, but other times it's obvious they're cheating. I've played this game long enough to recognize when someone is manipulating the game and when it's just lag.
Quote:
Still glitch/ lag possible. on infection when humans spawn with energy swords its caused by lag. and on halo 4 flood -Humans used to spawn with AR's by lag.
Quote:
It seems the majority of lag-inducers are from Mexico. I always get suspicious whenever a game is lagging that a mexican has host.
Most frustrating stuff I see seems a lot like regular lag effects. :)

There's been one instance on SWAT when I got suspicious of one person, that had the sickest aim I've ever encountered (and I've played enough SWAT and other playlists...). Got a killing frenzy in no time against a pretty decent team, and a few shots were just insane. Was on Powerhouse, one kill was while jumping off the ledge close to the Hammer spawn, while I was sprinting to get below that same ledge for cover (in opposite direction) -- shot must have been almost vertically down, instant headshot, and he/she couldn't have known I was there).

So either kudos to the best SWAT player I've seen, or what the yoink was going on there. xD
I'm certainly not an expert, but someone managed to survive my sword shot tonight. I didn't check it out but that seemed off to me. He was point blank range, and I heard to shot go through as well.
You do know you can block a sword lunge with a melee. Sucks i know but that may be what happened.
every game of reach on mcc i play seems to be like this i hit a player with 5 gravity hammer hits and they killed me with 1 punch once its to the point where i HATE playing on reach its also why i never enter matchmaking with pc players
RhysWX wrote:
Yea I was thinking exactly this. If it’s mcc he’s talkin bout it’s prob his connection. Cheaters are hard to come by. Tho I say this, cheaters are poppin up at this time every week
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2