1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6
Quote:
Quote:
So hum if you do it solo and you die, you start back at the beginning... is everything in the level reset like it was before entering it, or if you just have to walk back where you were ?
Nobody's answered this yet, so I'll pick up on that. In solo with Iron, if you die, you restart the entire mission. All the progress you made in that mission is reset completely. Basically in solo Iron turns off all checkpoints. I'm sure you're familiar with how dying works normally in solo Campaign. You die, it resets to the last checkpoint, anything you did between that checkpoint and when you died is canceled out (unlike Spartan Ops, which retains progress even when you die). Iron gets rid of all the normal checkpoints, so the only "checkpoint" left is the very beginning of the mission.
Just to correct you on this common misconception: Iron does force a restart, but it doesn't actually disable checkpoints altogether, it simply removes your option to revert to last save from the menu and hides the checkpoints gained from the player. That's why the save & quit workaround is always talked about. If Iron did the job it was actually fully meant to, that workaround would be null and void due to Iron completely removing the checkpoint system altogether.

To this day I still don't know why it doesn't actually do that, considering that it's so damn easy to bypass its intended effect.
Quote:
To this day I still don't know why it doesn't actually do that, considering that it's so damn easy to bypass its intended effect.
Most likely because like so many other things it was designed around the premise that people will actually play it as it was meant to be played instead of looking for shortcuts and bypasses. Kind of like all the spots on the maps that are effectively outside of the intended play area and yet people get there, camp there, and make easy points.

Reach's Asylum, particularly in Infection game types, was heavily abused to the point where after so many edits were made and people were still finding ways to hide outside the map, they just removed it completely from the hopper. The rockslide/cliffside, the roof tops, the top of the coliseum wall piece opposite the rockslide corner, all of these locations were clearly outside the intended playing area, but certain people like to break stuff.

Grifball since its inception has had the easiest of all bypasses to avoid having to play the match legitimately: spawn camping. There are only four possible spawn locations for a team of four people. As soon as one team gets control of the ball they can stand at these spawn locations and have uncontested sprees and multikills without ever actually needing any skill whatsoever to do so (even mroe so in cases where lag favors one team over another). And nothing has ever been done to fix that. In fact Halo 4's new take on Grifball makes it not only easier to spawn camp, but it basically encourages it by offering the ability for one player to stand on each side of the opposing tea's spawn area, the third player stands on the goal, and athe fourth stands back on the ball spawn, and they can camp all day and toss balls in for points whenever they feel like it, rotate players out so everyone has a turn to camp and pad their stats, and then either run out the clock or wait until the last few seconds to score the final point, all while the other team is essentially helpless. All of which had led me to create a thread some time ago, I believe on B.net but possibly here, saying that Grifball should be removed from matchmaking across the board and never be reintroduced until either camping can be completely prevented, oruntil a system is in place that actually levies some form of swift and decisive punishment against what is not only cowardice, but cheating.

Anyways, I'm straying from the main point of this post. The point is there are features that are meant to present a challenge or simply to work a certain way based on the expectation that people will play within the intendeed parameters the designers had in mind when they created that feature. The problem comes when certain people (and we had an example of one such individual just a few posts ago) decide they don't want to play within the designated parameters, so they find ways to bypass the rules. More often then not it's becauses they've been getting their butts handed to them so often when they play legitimately that they feel they need something to "level the playing field" (read: tilt and lock the balance firmly in their favor). They need an easy way out. They need loopholes. They need to cut corners. In short, they need to cheat, otherwise they just can't stand a chance, and nobody likes to lose. So, these people find "tricks" or "glitches" that allow them to step outside the bounds of the intended way of doing things so that they can accomplish what they have otherwise failed to do legitimately.
Quote:
What, why would you bump the thread?
You guys are awesome. Thanks for all your help!
I'm playig Legendary Laso now! It's hard XD
can you help me plz doing LASO
Quote:
can you help me plz doing LASO
I'll play with you this weekend.

GT: Big Boo 54
halo 4 legendary campaign is quite hard whithout skulls..i can't imagine with all skulls activated.

Comm. from france,have a good game :)
Don't know if I'm in right post but wondered if anyone wanted to join me and get this laso emblem the more players the better am available anytime from now
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6