Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

Combat Evolved Library on legendary

OP TarriestAlloy24

Alright so I've recently started a playthrough of Halo Ce on legendary and beat the Library yesterday. Granted I was playing with no skulls, but I was quite surprised at how relatively tame it was for the most part even though there is a significant consensus on the forums that its the hardest level in Halo 1. (Of course, I did get destroyed several times when the monitor leaves to open the access door and the flood come pouring). Other levels, like Assault on the Control room or Halo were far more difficult for me due to the accuracy and more intelligent tactics of the covenant, especially those damned elites.

Thoughts?
I found Two Betrayals to be the most difficult, especially the bit where you have to come out of the second relay room. All those combat forms, especially the rocket flood.
I found Two Betrayals to be the most difficult, especially the bit where you have to come out of the second relay room. All those combat forms, especially the rocket flood.
Two Betrayals is hard only because how well Bungie did compress the enemies. Most of the areas are filled with so many AIs that you cannot imagine. Then you will of course got overrun by them and the ammo situation is not always the best in that mission.
Two Betrayals is hard only because how well Bungie did compress the enemies. Most of the areas are filled with so many AIs that you cannot imagine. Then you will of course got overrun by them and the ammo situation is not always the best in that mission.
In that particular part of the mission I had one bar of health. No way was I leaving that room alive. They could of at least put a health kit around that area.
In that particular part of the mission I had one bar of health. No way was I leaving that room alive. They could of at least put a health kit around that area.
I did once get inside of an infinite kill lope when you encounter the first rocket flood in the Master Chief Saga playlist. I did manage to get a checkpoint when a rocket flood was in line of sight. Less than a second after spawn did the rocket flood fire 1 rocket at me and I was dead.
I did once get inside of an infinite kill lope when you encounter the first rocket flood in the Master Chief Saga playlist. I did manage to get a checkpoint when a rocket flood was in line of sight. Less than a second after spawn did the rocket flood fire 1 rocket at me and I was dead.
Oh no. If that were to happen to me in that playlist I would flip.
TB is definitely harder. The Library is consistent without flood bumps.
Oh no. If that were to happen to me in that playlist I would flip.
That happened to me but luckily Halo 1 was in the beginning of the playlist.
I think Truth and Reconciliation took me the longest to complete, mostly because I dropped the sniper rifle early. Of course I've learned since then, but it's been years since I've had to play through CE on Legendary.

Library isn't bad, just be patient and have some good music to rock out to because it's monotonous.
I think Truth and Reconciliation took me the longest to complete, mostly because I dropped the sniper rifle early. Of course I've learned since then, but it's been years since I've had to play through CE on Legendary.

Library isn't bad, just be patient and have some good music to rock out to because it's monotonous.
The key to Truth of Reconciliation is the Sniper. I know that it can be a bit difficult without sniper because noob combo won't be a thing which makes the Elites much more difficult to take down.

My most recent play throughs I have done was very successful because I was able to use the Sniper effectively which avoided most of the deaths.
Yea I'm on that level currently, kinda nervous about the part where the flood come pouring in after you disable that second relay. Had trouble on Heroic with that part, i'm anticipating a lot of frustration on legendary : (.