Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

Could Noble Six Be A Girl?

OP Echo Maroon

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Could Noble 6 be a girl? I heard that in both ‘Halo: Visual Guide’ and New Blood, Noble 6 in cannon is a male. But that was all made by 343, and I’m a Bungie purist. I’m one of those people who treat Halo 3 as the last true Halo game. So I don’t care about 343’s cannon. According to Bungies lore, could Noble 6 be a girl? Did Bungie ever confirm 6’s sex?
No, In The book Bad Blood (as you mentioned above) Buck mentions Noble 6 to Jun saying “Noble 6 helped me out in a pinch in New Alexandria” Then Jun Returned with saying “He was a Good Man”
Well, New Blood is from 2015 and thus canon under 343. And won't do if we disregard all 343 canon.

So we need a source from when Bungie held the reins that answers definitively whether Noble 6 is, regardless of player choice, male or female.

Even my Halo encyclopedia from 2011 is published with 343's logo on it ... they took over Reach roughly a year after launch. It refers to him as male. Now, being reasonable, they were most likely busy with Halo 4 and wrapping up CEA, so I doubt re-writing Halo lore was their priority. Perhaps that was Bungie's intention to have 6 be male. Perhaps 343 went with male as male is the default in the game and the male asset was used as Noble 6 in the promos. Perhaps they flipped a coin.

Much of the stuff prior to that (the game guide, game manual, Halsey's journal, etc.) seem to be pretty ambiguous as to Noble 6's identity, if they mention him at all. So perhaps Bungie really wanted that character to be left to player interpretation ... which in sci fi is not something canon-obsessed fans particularly like. But for the sake immersive video game play, some do. Who's to say? Maybe I missed something.

However, for someone who wants to disregard 8 years of canon and fancies Master Chief is still floating in space in a cryotube, I don't see why you need anyone or anything to tell you what Noble 6 may or may not be. If you want to go strictly Bungie, from what I just dug through, nothing identified Noble 6 as anything but Spartan B-312 until 343 took over a short time after Bungie released the game. But again, I could have missed something.

I guess, to summarize ... and don't take this the wrong way ... you're already changing Halo lore to your liking (i.e. Halo 4 never happened), so let Noble 6 be who you want her to be. It's not like Bungie didn't give you the option to do just that.
Bungie left all personal details about Six up to the player to decide - this includes their sex. If 343 wants to rewrite that in order to make Six canonically male, well, they own the rights so they can do just that but it's a bit distasteful in my opinion considering Reach was the last Halo made by Bungie. I use gender neutral pronouns to refer to Six myself since I'm of the opinion that Bungie should have last say in the matter since they created Six in the first place. But in my headcanon, Six is female primarily because I play a female Six myself. Also because I prefer Amanda Philipson's voice acting over Philip Anthony-Rodriguez' voice acting. I think her voice fits the character better than his, in my opinion.
Bungie left all personal details about Six up to the player to decide - this includes their sex. If 343 wants to rewrite that in order to make Six canonically male, well, they own the rights so they can do just that but it's a bit distasteful in my opinion considering Reach was the last Halo made by Bungie. I use gender neutral pronouns to refer to Six myself since I'm of the opinion that Bungie should have last say in the matter since they created Six in the first place. But in my headcanon, Six is female primarily because I play a female Six myself. Also because I prefer Amanda Philipson's voice acting over Philip Anthony-Rodriguez' voice acting. I think her voice fits the character better than his, in my opinion.
I don’t mind Halo 4 and 5 and Infinite being cannon. But I like what you said. Reach is Bungies game, and since they didn’t specify, then Noble 6 is a female in my books. Halo 4 and on is 343’s, so I’ll except the story for those games, but Reach belongs to Bungie.
In my personal head cannon noble 6 was female, but in real cannon you already have your answer.
Well my noble six is a male lol :)
RCC GB wrote:
Well my noble six is a male lol :)
Now imagine if they made N6 a girl in cannon. That would take away from your N6, maybe even be a bit annoying. So by Bungie Lore N6 is the player, and whoever the player wants to be. It ruins the immersion to take away from the players choices to make the Halo Universes Lore partially their own.
What’s all this talk of cannons? Pretty sure there are none of them in this game unless you’re referring to what the wraith shoots or the rooftop mounted guns in New Alexandria. This whole thread reminds me of one last month where someone mentioned lampshades in one of my posts.

Bottom line - the PC is clearly male as the voices in-game dictate. Not sure why people are looking for anything transgendered in a simple FPS.
Noble 6 is canonically a male. If you want to have a different head canon then that, you have that right. But that's just head canon.

That's a full stop on the conversation really. I'm not sure what else needs to be said.
What’s all this talk of cannons? Pretty sure there are none of them in this game unless you’re referring to what the wraith shoots or the rooftop mounted guns in New Alexandria. This whole thread reminds me of one last month where someone mentioned lampshades in one of my posts.

Bottom line - the PC is clearly male as the voices in-game dictate. Not sure why people are looking for anything transgendered in a simple FPS.
N6 has a female voice if you choose female. She is definitely not trans. But you post was funny nonetheless :)
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Could Noble 6 be a girl? I heard that in both ‘Halo: Visual Guide’ and New Blood, Noble 6 in cannon is a male. But that was all made by 343, and I’m a Bungie purist. I’m one of those people who treat Halo 3 as the last true Halo game. So I don’t care about 343’s cannon. According to Bungies lore, could Noble 6 be a girl? Did Bungie ever confirm 6’s sex?
According to Bungie Noble Six was your multiplayer Spartan, so he/she had no one canon gender.

Noble Six was whatever you chose for him/her to be.
Wait.

Both voice actors had "Philip" in their name?
No Bungie never confirmed Noble Six’s gender, that was the whole point of having male and female as an option. So Six could be male or female. However I’m huge when it comes to lore, that being Bungie and 343’s lore so I consider Six as a male, as stated in Halo: New Blood.
I think we can all settle this issue by recognizing that Noble 6 was officially (but never mentioned anywhere in lore so just trust me on this)........ a forerunner monitor inside of a spartan suite. Think about it, why doesn't he ever take his helmet off after that opening shot of the 1st cutscene? If the warthog driver mentioned the fact that 6 was a "robot" then everyone would think they were just crazy. Its the ultimate conspiracy being covered up by lore-debates. And why did he sacrifice himself to stop that cruiser you may ask? Easy, him and 343 Guilty Spark,
Spoiler:
Show
...had a horrible relationship before they parted ways and 6 knew the Pillar of Autumn was going to jump to installation 04A so he opted to stay on Reach and "die"........
I didn’t realize females played this game.
Wait until you find out that some of us girls even work here!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Probably because it’s a clear option in the game....
It’s not that complicated, you can make your own Noble 6, male or female
Bit in canon is male, not that hard :)
EDIT: I see now that if you chose a female then 6 had a female voice. So don't freak out and go after me, never chose a female so didn't know this.

Does no one remember the few times he spoke that he had a male voice? 343 has nothing to do with making him a male, as Reach was Bungie's game, and they gave him a male voice.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2