1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 16
  4. 17
  5. 18
  6. 19
  7. ...
  8. 20
The game is trash stop crying. They should make this map pack free. I had no interest in the mac pack until I read this post. Now I"m downloading it and shall see. They need to make it free because this game is dying without any proper management.
Think. Just. Think.

When the 18th hits, and all those 'self-entitled brats' lose the ability to play the map pack, the DLC playlist population is going to drop drastically. If they want to be this stupid, far be it from me to stop them.
Quote:
"sir it seems someone made a mistake and put the new crimson map pack on the marketplace for free"

"well has anyone noticed yet?"

"yes sir thousands of people have downloaded it and the forums are in an uproar"

"oh man first we screw up the specialization codes and now this? what do we do?"

"hey i know lets just say that we did it on purpose to make it up to all the people we screwed with the codes"

"genius!"
Elementary!
Quote:
The game is trash stop crying. They should make this map pack free. I had no interest in the mac pack until I read this post. Now I"m downloading it and shall see. They need to make it free because this game is dying without any proper management.
yeah, macs are -Yoink-.
This community..

We're told, for quite some time, that the maps are free to those with the LE or to those who brought a season pass.

M$ had a misshap (unlikely) and put the content out for free. And now all the self entitled are complaining.

It was a test. It felt like a test. A PR stunt even. They have you all pinned. They know what you're all like.
Quote:
This community..

We're told, for quite some time, that the maps are free to those with the LE or to those who brought a season pass.

M$ had a misshap (unlikely) and put the content out for free. And now all the self entitled are complaining.

It was a test. It felt like a test. A PR stunt even. They have you all pinned. They know what you're all like.
Stop throwing around the word 'entitled' like it's applicable. People don't think they deserve the maps for free because they deserve it. It's because it's a legally dark area that microsoft is treading. It's not 'self-entitlement' when you've entered a purchasing contract with microsoft, and THEN they try and take it away.

First rule of business: The Consumer is NEVER at fault. Populations of the playlist will drop, and microsoft will end up losing much more money in the long run because of this snafu.
Quote:
Quote:
With some people bringing up lawsuits, I'd like to take the time to remind everyone of the friendly arbitration agreement we all signed in the ToS. So yeah even of you happen to have the cash and lawyers to fight Microsoft, good luck ever stepping foot in court.
False advertising is illegal.
Can you please explain to me where the false advertising was? Did they promote the fact that the maps were free? No, the maps were stated on the dashboard marketplace to be 800 MSP. The ad on the main page of the dashboard when you first turn on the xbox, right in front of your face also says 800 MSP. Because of a mistake in the system under the Xbox Marketplace menu option in Halo itself said 0 MSP, that immediately is taken as gospel. What if it said 800 MSP on the dashboard, but 1600 MSP in the marketplace inside the game, would you still believe it?

I believe I made some valid points in my last post on page 17, but people seem to conveniently overlook that, just like they conveniently overlooked the 800 MSP stated for the map pack everywhere else on the xbox outside of the game and even online in multiple places.

Here's some legal terminology for you, ignorance is no defence.
So, more covering up eh? Cute, looks like I'm going to go get the achievements from the Map Pack and troll some kids till the 18th.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
With some people bringing up lawsuits, I'd like to take the time to remind everyone of the friendly arbitration agreement we all signed in the ToS. So yeah even of you happen to have the cash and lawyers to fight Microsoft, good luck ever stepping foot in court.
False advertising is illegal.
Can you please explain to me where the false advertising was? Did they promote the fact that the maps were free? No, the maps were stated on the dashboard marketplace to be 800 MSP. The ad on the main page of the dashboard when you first turn on the xbox, right in front of your face also says 800 MSP. Because of a mistake in the system under the Xbox Marketplace menu option in Halo itself said 0 MSP, that immediately is taken as gospel. What if it said 800 MSP on the dashboard, but 1600 MSP in the marketplace inside the game, would you still believe it?

I believe I made some valid points in my last post on page 17, but people seem to conveniently overlook that, just like they conveniently overlooked the 800 MSP stated for the map pack everywhere else on the xbox outside of the game and even online in multiple places.

Here's some legal terminology for you, ignorance is no defence.
It said the maps cost 800 through the Halo 4 menu if you didn't download the maps instantly through the pop up.
No matter which side of the issue you fall on here with regards to the map pack issue there's one thing that cannot be denied, 343/Microsoft completely mishandled the entire fiasco. First by accidentally making it free to anyone who went to the Marketplace from the Halo 4 main menu, secondly by trying to say it was a free trial only available to those who got the email for the Specializations code. The second part really makes me laugh as my friends on the other side of the pond (England, Europe) were able to download this map pack for free as well. This is yet another in a long line of PR blunders surrounding Halo 4 (which is sad because I truly enjoy this game).
Quote:
No matter which side of the issue you fall on here with regards to the map pack issue there's one thing that cannot be denied, 343/Microsoft completely mishandled the entire fiasco. First by accidentally making it free to anyone who went to the Marketplace from the Halo 4 main menu, secondly by trying to say it was a free trial only available to those who got the email for the Specializations code. The second part really makes me laugh as my friends on the other side of the pond (England, Europe) were able to download this map pack for free as well. This is yet another in a long line of PR blunders surrounding Halo 4 (which is sad because I truly enjoy this game).
The fact that it's such a blatant lie is what seems to be pissiing everyone off. It was clearly a glitch and was never intended to be a trial. After they saw the massive amounts of people downloaded it for free they saw they were gonna lose money so they had to come up with something. All they had to do was say "Sorry guys that was our fault and we messed up, were going to let you play it for a week and then you'll have to purchase it after" instead of trying to call it a trial. Even their support on twitter and on Xbox Support website they stated it was a glitch and wouldn't be penalized or taken away from you cause of their glitch.

Come the 18th and this will indeed be another big issue, and will be funny to see the BS answers they give us.
I will NOT be spending my money on these -Yoink- maps after this -Yoink- cover up. They stated that this was on them.
Quote:
I will NOT be spending my money on these Yoink! maps after this -Yoink!- cover up. They stated that this was on them.
It shows how Microsoft (once again) always go back on what they say, just like Mitt -Yoinking!- Romney. I'm also glad how much they ruined customs too, but that's a different topic.
Oh? You guys will actually have to pay for something that was never intended to be free? What a crisis.
Free trial my -Yoink-. They can't hide their mistakes with such excuses. This doesn't explain the fact as to why the Crimson Map Pack once cost 800 Microsoft points when it first released. There would have been a mentioning of it being a free trial in the description.

Is Microsoft full of crap with such excuses? Yes.

Do I love them because they're taking action against these free-loaders? Hell yes. HA! PAY UP FOOLS!
Free trial is a nice idea; boost DLC playlist numbers and make people think the maps will be playable in matchmaking. Should work pretty well so long as nobody remembers how 343 dealt with DLC in reach. Maps do look fairly nice.
Quote:
Oh? You guys will actually have to pay for something that was never intended to be free? What a crisis.
You missed the point completely. Here's how it goes, in case you don't know.

1. Crimson is 800 points.
2. Glitch on Dec. 10 causing it to go free.
3. Microsoft first say that it's "on us", meaning that people who download it keep it for free. (It was on a twitter post, I don't have the link right now).
4. BS Angel (symbolic name) then says that it's a trial, even though no one knew it was a trial.

I agree with the majority, solely because Microsoft -Yoinked!- up royally, then Microsoft lied about it by first saying that it's for keeps, then telling us it's a trial.

THAT's why I'm pissed. Because they ALWAYS go back on their word every single -Yoinking!- time.
Who cares map pack is terrible. I am glad they're taking it away so I can free up some hardrive space.
Oh well. Maps weren't all that good anyways. Way too big for anything other than BTB.
After playing the maps, I will not be buying them. Rubbish.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 16
  4. 17
  5. 18
  6. 19
  7. ...
  8. 20