Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Did anyone else enjoy Spartan Ops?

OP Gold Paladin101

I really liked Spartan Ops. It felt like a 2nd campaign in an odd sort of way, although i'm not entirely sure why people thought it replaced Firefight. I personally thought it was a lot of fun to go through, not to mention the cutscenes for it were really good looking. So tell me fellow Spartans, and or Elites. Aye. You do you. And Commander Shepard will bang us all. Did you also enjoy Spartan Ops? Cause it feels like a lot of people didn't.
I enjoyed it, but that was before I got into the comunity and never played any of the DLC stuff :(
I think it's very enjoyable, especially when you play on co-op. Sad they kill jul Mdama on first mission :(
I think it's very enjoyable, especially when you play on co-op. Sad they kill jul Mdama on first mission :(
Jul Mdama died at the beginning of Halo 5: Guardians, not in Halo 4's Spartan Ops.
I really liked Spartan Ops. It felt like a 2nd campaign in an odd sort of way, although i'm not entirely sure why people thought it replaced Firefight. I personally thought it was a lot of fun to go through, not to mention the cutscenes for it were really good looking. So tell me fellow Spartans, and or Elites. Aye. You do you. And Commander Shepard will bang us all. Did you also enjoy Spartan Ops? Cause it feels like a lot of people didn't.
I too have always thought of Spartan Ops as a second campaign. I mean, yes, it was very repetitive and starting to get slightly dull but then the mission Two Giants came and I remember how the community praised it because of how fresh it was.
Episodes 6-10 were what defined Spartan Ops for me. I wish they made a second season rather than give us Halo: Escalation.
*Sad they kill jul Mdama on first mission of Halo 5
I was not a fan, constant drag through recycled maps with a tedious sense of urgency that ultimately did not matter. This coupled with the frequent cutscenes that were exacerbated by poor writing, poor voice acting, and wide as an ocean shallow as a puddle graphics with no rustic charm or realness to it and everything looked like plastic.
I was not a fan, constant drag through recycled maps with a tedious sense of urgency that ultimately did not matter. This coupled with the frequent cutscenes that were exacerbated by poor writing, poor voice acting, and wide as an ocean shallow as a puddle graphics with no rustic charm or realness to it and everything looked like plastic.
Did you play Episodes 6-10?
I really enjoyed them :D
I enjoyed episodes 6-10 a lot more than 1-5. But, yes, I enjoyed Spartan Ops overall. I think it was a good concept and it could have been more successful had episodes 1-5 not been so repetitive. I hope we see something similar in Infinite!
I love Spartan Ops, all of its episodes. And yes, I use the present tense of love because I still play it from time to time. I overlooked the 'repetitive missions' issue, because I focus more on the fact that our Spartan Avatar can finally be something more than a PvP avatar, it van be part of the Halo storyline through the ranks of FIreteam Crimson, it makes your Spartan a real character and I loved to see those 1st person animations where you used command controls or when you killed that Elite after you escape from bindings at the start of Episode 6, chapter 1.
Spartan Ops is one of the many things that made Halo 4 my favorite game
A lot more positives came out of it than negatives , it was a shame they never went on to build apon it
To me it has a legitimate early signs of what a games as a service model could and should look like .
no micro transactions just straight up gameplay and a story mode that ultilized the existing sandbox assets and helped to advance a halo world building narrative .
yes it could have more refined and polished in some areas but the concept should be applauded ,
I'd take a spartan ops over warzone FF everyday . I think if it was done in this current gaming environment the audience would be a lot more receptive and positive .
A lot more positives came out of it than negatives , it was a shame they never went on to build apon it
To me it has a legitimate early signs of what a games as a service model could and should look like .
no micro transactions just straight up gameplay and a story mode that ultilized the existing sandbox assets and helped to advance a halo world building narrative .
yes it could have more refined and polished in some areas but the concept should be applauded ,
I'd take a spartan ops over warzone FF everyday . I think if it was done in this current gaming environment the audience would be a lot more receptive and positive .
Well said. Man, I wish this was what "games as a service" became. I think everyone would enjoy it so much more instead of the current concept of "release unfinished crap now and band-aid it later." I was disappointed Season 2 of SpOps was scrapped, so I'm hoping they'll bring back the idea at some point.
I thought it was a fun addition as another option to fight the AI besides campaign. I see why people didn't like it cause it replaced fire fight but I don't see why there couldn't have been both.
acut9876 wrote:
I thought it was a fun addition as another option to fight the AI besides campaign. I see why people didn't like it cause it replaced fire fight but I don't see why there couldn't have been both.
It was more than that. For many, the first 5 episodes were extremely repetitive and devoid of any replay value. Episodes 6-10 were where things got good, but most people had given up on Spartan Ops when those episodes came out as DLC.