Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

Did Bungie purposely make Kat's driving that bad?

OP lNexion 218l

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
The driving and the shooting is the same with pretty much everyone, the Covenant A.I. just get the better everything but the troopers are aggressive like any Elite with the same equipment, it's ruined by their slow turning speed and poor combat awareness that's it.

The A.I. isn't very bright with vehicles that are unable to move in all directions like the common Covenant machine.
The rate of fire is an impossible one, like multiple weapons in that game, an A.I. with a Needle Rifle is even better than Kat, assuming it has the crosshair on a target long enough to unleash another impossible rate of fire, the attack range is also better.

With a Wraith, they usually run into one of the wings (being blocked for few seconds) but if they don't, your allies will usually immediately hop on the turret. The human A.I. takes a seat pretty fast sometimes but I doubt they going to do it Halo 2 style (get off the driver's seat and instantly zip to the passenger one) .
I would beg to differ (although I concede to your argument about AI using Needle Rifle). The marine RoF is nowhere near as good as the Covies, especially on higher difficulties. This is best seen with the needler. In H3, and perhaps HCE and ODST, better equipped marines do indeed perform outstandingly, but in the other games, they are more likely to present a hazard to the player. Reach marines tend to blow themselves up or the player when armed with rockets whereas a team of H3 bazookamen (can be seen on The Storm) are less trigger happy. This is usually the result of the Reach bazookamen attacking the enemy even after it's been killed.

Taking the Halo 2 style into account, not bad! It'd be interesting to see that as an actual feature of marine AI.
I would beg to differ (although I concede to your argument about AI using Needle Rifle). The marine RoF is nowhere near as good as the Covies, especially on higher difficulties. This is best seen with the needler. In H3, and perhaps HCE and ODST, better equipped marines do indeed perform outstandingly, but in the other games, they are more likely to present a hazard to the player. Reach marines tend to blow themselves up or the player when armed with rockets whereas a team of H3 bazookamen (can be seen on The Storm) are less trigger happy. This is usually the result of the Reach bazookamen attacking the enemy even after it's been killed.

Taking the Halo 2 style into account, not bad! It'd be interesting to see that as an actual feature of marine AI.
The thing in Halo 2 is just a Marine not going around the Warthog, it's not happening everytime and Elites may be able to do that, who knows I never bothered.

For the weapons, this is a bit off topic but the human A.I. share the rate of fire and the attack range with the Covenant, Marines in Halo 2 overheat with a Plasma Rifle, like Elites (on Legendary) .
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2