Forums / Games / Halo: Reach

[Locked] Did they just shut down waypoint

OP Skyhawk5421

I've been using waypoint for the past couple days. Super helpful never used it before.
They literally just shut it down. I guess I can understand but the timing was impeccable. Tons of people still play this game!!
There is no other way of seeing your overall stats let alone any prior match stats.
weak.
so, they just shutdown halo way point.... I literally just got the way point armor a week ago, I'm so lucky!!!
I've been using waypoint for the past couple days. Super helpful never used it before.
They literally just shut it down. I guess I can understand but the timing was impeccable. Tons of people still play this game!!
There is no other way of seeing your overall stats let alone any prior match stats.
weak.
Uh, you can still see your stats in Waypoint, including the amount of Credits of currently have and the amount required to rank up. When viewing your service record in Waypoint, if you click in "More Stats", you're sent to a page that has EVERYTHING you done, including number of games played, and how many in each category (Campaign, Firefight, etc.), the total amount of points accumulated in Campaign and Firefight, the number of times you got a medal, commendations, even the number of Daily and Weekly challenges completed. Needless to say, it gives out more information than the App, but you cannot get the armor.
The stats microsites were down for a little bit this morning ("More Stats" was missing from Reach service records). Either maintenance or some issue with Azure but it looks like they are back now

I think if they were going to retire these microsites, they wouldn't just turn them off. There would very likely be an announcement made in advance
stckrboy wrote:
The stats microsites were down for a little bit this morning ("More Stats" was missing from Reach service records). Either maintenance or some issue with Azure but it looks like they are back now

I think if they were going to retire these microsites, they wouldn't just turn them off. There would very likely be an announcement made in advance
Stay tuned for said announcement. :) We jumped the gun today, more info will be posted here in the forum this afternoon.
Aha! I actually kinda figured this was going to be happening this year, makes sense (I know too well the pain of maintaining legacy azure websites / apps) :)
Quick question regarding the discontinuation of stats... Will my progress in KD ratio and rank continue to be tracked, or no?

I’m a Forerunner and I still hope to get Inheritor at some point. I’m really hoping I’ll be able to see that my rank progresses on Waypoint.
Just wanted to thank the mods for putting the stats app back up. It's still really unfortunate we will lose these stats in a month and I'm not happy about it at all but at least we now have ~28 days to prepare, much better than just removing the whole thing out of nowhere.

However, I would like to know how the Halo Waypoint app on the 360 will be affected. The statement posted by the mods only mentioned this website. Will this change on March 1 make those stats inaccessible as well, or will that app remain unaffected and function as normal? If there's a mod who could answer this I'd really appreciate it.
I can understand why they are retiring this feature reach is pretty old, I mean I still play it but don't care about the stats on it much
Rip halo reach stats.
stckrboy wrote:
For those that miss the pinned thread:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/cdecc00475c645b9a4d0a156fb542d59/topics/halo-reach-detailed-web-stats-retirement---3-1-18/b5e734e7-2b16-448b-b5ee-8b2f6714bc65/posts
I apologize I've never posted here, I was just blown away when I tried to refresh the site haha. Plus it said on this parent site that is was discontinued. Thanks for the link.
So, according to the link, all the will be affected is that detailed "MORE STATS" link on Waypoint. Otherwise, all other overall stats like Rank, Campaign, Achievements, etc. that are on Waypoint itself will be unaffected. Am I right?
G Bomb v1 wrote:
So, according to the link, all the will be affected is that detailed "MORE STATS" link on Waypoint. Otherwise, all other overall stats like Rank, Campaign, Achievements, etc. that are on Waypoint itself will be unaffected. Am I right?
That is correct
every time I hear this, I think "Did truth just activate the rings"" and "Did the Covenant just set off a nuke?"
every time I hear this, I think "Did truth just activate the rings"" and "Did the Covenant just set off a nuke?"
They might as well have
They might as well have
indeed, thats why I thought of it
Hey, why can I not get my UA/BASE Security chest?
Hey, why can I not get my UA/BASE Security chest?
Please don't revive old topics for unrelated matters.

You can find info about that in the pinned threads