Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

[Locked] DLC MAPS FREE AND AVAILABLE MULTIPLAYER!!!!!

OP JollyJoey17823

They have just made Halo 4 backwards capability and all DLC maps for free so we can play them online multiplayer but everyone that's in the lobby has to have them downloaded in order to play them online so spread the word to everyone to download those Maps for free
I think the words pretty much as spread as it can be on Waypoint. Sadly, many players don't use Waypoint and will likely never discover that the DLC is free... Which means that we still likely won't be able to use it, unless we form a large fireteam.
I'd totally be down to be in a collection of people to go into lobbies en masse to try and get DLC matchmaking choices. I still need to download them, which I'll probably do when I get home from work today.
Oh man, this is exciting news. I owned the maps back in H4 prime but they never (almost literally) showed up in matchmaking.

I'm so pumped.
I'm excited, I can get out of my Mark 6 and change back to my Prefect set, I missed that Forerunner set, and play a lot of Action Sack & SWAT for sure!!
I say it'd be cool if we could quicker to send messages on the xbox., you could send people a message that you were just in a match with and tell them to spread word etc.
This should be a mandatory update so that people must get the maps. The maps showed up once every 2,000 games for me.
This should be a mandatory update so that people must get the maps. The maps showed up once every 2,000 games for me.
I thought about this too. 343 needs to make this update required to play the game.

Otherwise, I can almost guarantee the DLC maps will be very rare in MM just like in Halo 4s prime. Everyone in lobby has to have the maps installed in order for it to show up.
J Teeps wrote:
I thought about this too. 343 needs to make this update required to play the game.

Otherwise, I can almost guarantee the DLC maps will be very rare in MM just like in Halo 4s prime. Everyone in lobby has to have the maps installed in order for it to show up.
It's not as rare as you'd think. I was playing SWAT last night and was getting a DLC map almost every game, same with regular Team Slayer. It'll be harder to get DLC in Big Team though because of how many people are on each team
daem231 wrote:
J Teeps wrote:

It's not as rare as you'd think. I was playing SWAT last night and was getting a DLC map almost every game, same with regular Team Slayer. It'll be harder to get DLC in Big Team though because of how many people are on each team
Yeah i played pit fall in action sack the other night. We just need to spread the word. Like i bet you if just a handfull of People in BTB were to actually send a friendly reminder message about DLC maps for MP to EVERYONE in your team or lobby just like one time it would get around quicker than you think.. Just my opinion.. If there was a way youcan auto save a small message and use it as a quick text/ message that would make people more l kely to spread.
Come on
Please don't revive old topics, thanks