OP Some Free Cake

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I hate DMR with a passion
One is better than the other depending on what map your on. Right now however im having a blast killing DMR users with the LR
People are idiots. Accept this and find your life much more logical, if frequently depressing.
Quote:
There is no glory in fighting with what you seem fair or "harder to use".

Glory is only for the victor.
lol yea

this thread reminds me of the thread a little ways back when a Halo player was complaining that people were running from him too much and not sitting there, accepting their fate

LOL. There are some funny Halo players. =]

"Don't you run away from me when I had the jump on you! That takes no skill! Come back and let me kill you!"

On the other end:

"Run dude! Don't give the other team a free kill! Play smart!"

[^-^]
Very well said.its in the game deal with it
Heres my problem with the BR vs DMR argument. There is no right or wrong. There is simply fact. FACT: The DMR is flat out, straight up BETTER. Its way more accurate, has much better range, the highest kill-per-magazine size of all starting weapons (14 rounds/mag, 5 shots to kill = 2 kills and a one shot per mag) and all still with a fire rate equal to that of the BR. That being said, it is also significantly easier to use and dominate with than the BR. FACT: The BR is harder to use. All three bullets of the burst must land in order to do the damage equivalent of one single DMR bullet. It only has 2x zoom and significantly less aim assist than the DMR and has a lower kill per magazine ratio than the DMR.

That being said, I personally do find it unbalanced to have both weapons available at their current state. I'm excited for Team Throwdown with BR starts because that will make a more even playing field for everyone. I don't have a problem with the DMR, I wouldn't care if Team Throwdown was changed to DMR starts with no BR. I just really strongly prefer to use the BR because of all the nostalgia. Its just very frustrating that I will lose more often than I should if I get into a 1v1 firefight against someone with the DMR.

I would like to see one of two things happen to better balance the DMR
1) Nerf the DMR. Give it a lower fire rate, smaller magazines, larger bloom, less aim assist, something. I don't think ALL of those need to be done, I believe that just one of those suggestions would suffice.

While a DMR nerf would be the simpler option, but I don't really feel that the DMR is overpowered. I feel that the other weapons are underpowered. The DMR has such a powerful, natural feel that none of the other weapons have. That brings me to suggestion number 2...
2) Buff the Carbine, Light Rifle, and Battle Rifle. A slight increase in EITHER damage or fire rate along with aim assist equivalent to that of the DMR would probably be enough to put the other weapons on the same level as the DMR.

Just my opinion
ATTENTION HALO WAYPOINT:

If you use the DMR other than for its commendation, then you are promoting it as an over-powered precision weapon. Thus, YOU are part of the problem.

BR/CC/LR FTW
Quote:
The Keminater is clueless

The DMR is the best in Slayer except on perhaps Adrift while the BR is the best weapon in SWAT (at least in my opinion, although to be fair, all three weapons have their advantages in SWAT which is really cool!).

The truth is that only idiots hinder themselves intentionally and they just get mad when other players don't. There is nothing wrong with using the strongest weapon, just like there is nothing wrong going after a tank.

The DMR is not nooby - the suppressor, however, is.
This post.

Also, @ people saying "You have no honor"... this isn't HLG stuff, this is playing the game the way it is intended to be played intelligently.
Ralph Waldo Emerson once said: "A shallow man believes in luck. A stronger man believes in cause and effect."
I believe that using the BR well enough, I can dominate a DMR user. That doesn't mean it'll work, but I can try right?
At least in SWAT we're all on the same playing field. Everyone goes for a headshot.
I thought reach was garbage for a halo game. So it's only natural I hate the dmr.

All the other primaries are fine.
I love the DMR. I use it all the time and you haters cant stop me.

Call me "nooby" all you want, but I've maxed out both the DMR and BR commendations, so it is not a matter of skill, but one of preference.

Not to mention, if you purposefully handicap yourself (BR on big team maps) and complain about getting DMR-ed all day, then you are just plain stupid.
It's called strategy, don't nag about how the DMR and the BF are so powerful. Use stategy to fight against it. You are just saying you are not good enough to fight people with those weapons.
During the making of the MLG settings, Ghostayame decided to use BR because DMR has a longer range and promotes camping. By using the BR you promote more map movement and power positions.
The BR got old in H3. I really enjoyed the Reach DMR.

In H4 I'm glad they live side by side, though DMR is my preference. Anyone calling the other nooby is just being 'ignant
Quote:
During the making of the MLG settings, Ghostayame decided to use BR because DMR has a longer range and promotes camping. By using the BR you promote more map movement and power positions.
or it could just be that BR is better on smaller maps.
Old BR users are butthurt the BR isn't the go-to weapon anymore.
Using the BR in SWAT is by no means nooby. As a top SWAT player in my state, I use the BR in SWAT, and wouldn't be caught dead using the DMR on any other map except Complex (which shouldn't even be in the map list). There shouldn't be a DMR in SWAT in the first place, and whoever told you that the BR is a nooby weapon for SWAT, is a noob.
Quote:
First off, SWAT is just a nooby gametype to begin with. If you need to have every single target have no shields, then you just plain suck.

Second, the BR is a 3-round burst weapon and it only takes one round to headshot someone. Thus, sprayability.

Thirdly, the DMR is just all around cheap in everything else.
What they need is Team Slayer Pro back.
Regarding SWAT, the BR is a crutch. The ONLY advantage it has is it is easier to use due to spread.

Otherwise, it has less effective range and fires slower. It's a downgrade.

Quote:
Old BR users are butthurt the BR isn't the go-to weapon anymore.
1. "Go-to" weapons shouldn't exist in Loadout Shooters.

2. The Lightrifle is far better designed than the DMR.

Quote:
or it could just be that BR is better on smaller maps.
The DMR is statistically superior. How the BR could be considered better in ANY setting is beyond me.
a br can beat a dmr just strafe and gandi hop.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4