3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think it should come back.
As do I. But CAN it be brought back? Therein lies the rub.
The removal of descoping is the one thing above all else that bothers me with this game. I've been saying that since the start, and like yourself, I've been saying it's probably too big a change to implimented in a TU. As much as I'd love to see descoping back, I just don't see it happening.

When it comes time to buy Halo 5 however, I will be making sure descoping is back before I fork out the cash for it. 5 will be the first Halo I don't pre-order.
I completely agree, I won't be fooled twice, no descoping will be a deal-breaker for me as well regarding any future releases. The big thing here is that most problems can be fixed through customs options, but that is not the case here.

Anyway as far 343 being unable to update descoping because of the perk dedicated to flinch. The way look at it is that its far better for the community to have better gameplay and one useless perk than it is to have worse gameplay and a useful perk.

Also, it wouldn't be the first time something like this happened, anyone remember the flare and radar jammer in Halo 3?
Quote:
Yes.

I speak for all Halo fans and players.
While I agree that it should be brought back, that's a terrible attitude. You represent no one but yourself, as do I.
yes bring it back, and remove the huge flinch.
Defintely. It would definitely help improve map movement in BTB.
Quote:
Yes.

lol
Yes, I been wanting descoping back since day 1.
it should be what the fans want not 343
Quote:
Yes.

No. No you don't. For neither Halo fans nor players, especially all of them. You only speak for yourself.

Man, that just rustles my jimmies every time someone says this.

OT: I will only accept descoping being brought back IF:

1) Descope is in everything. But if you have the Stability Armor Mod on, you get to stay in zoom, and have flinch.
Or
2) Only the Sniper Rifles have descope.

Since it seems majority of the players want it back, then make it the first option. I can live with that. But any other way, and I'll be upset.
Cool your jets, it was a joke.
Quote:
No way! If 343i doesn't want descpoing back then so be it. I'm kinda glad descoping is gone. Why should i be forced to be knocked out of my scope when i get hit. We're Spartans we should be strong enough to not flinch that hard. I don't care if its a gameplay mechanic used in the Previous games. It should'nt have to come back.
I totally agree. That is the one thing about Halo 4 that I like over the previous games....
Quote:
Quote:
No way! If 343i doesn't want descpoing back then so be it. I'm kinda glad descoping is gone. Why should i be forced to be knocked out of my scope when i get hit. We're Spartans we should be strong enough to not flinch that hard. I don't care if its a gameplay mechanic used in the Previous games. It should'nt have to come back.
Descoping was put in Halo to promote movement in games. If you have a weapon like the BR, or even worse the mini-sniper aka DMR, and a player can't knock you out of scope, you can bring map movement over huge chunks of maps or even entire maps to a dead stop.

Someone can sit in a base on Ragnarok with a DMR and stop movement over at least half the map because they can't be knocked out of scope.
I disagree with your entire post. Even where Halo 4 currently stands you can still have map movement, players just need to adapt to the game more. Too many players still run out into the open, and get sniped, or camp to avoid getting sniped. Very few times do I see anyone in games using cover or any type of tactical concealed movement. Almost all the big team maps (Ragnarok, Exile, Longbow I know) have some way of concealed movement in the game that brings you close to the opposing team. Vehicles, such as warthogs and mongooses are used more to run down people, and less on fast movement across the battlefield, and banshies seem more used for the same reasons, running down players, than used to bomb camping areas.

Players complain that Halo 4 is too much like COD, and I have been one of them when I see the many similarities to CODBO2 and Halo 4, but by what was just said you want a simple run and gun game like COD, and obviously not something that requires thought or any form of tactical movement knowledge.
Quote:
Yes.

No, you don't.

I've been a fan of Halo since day one, and personally, I like that I don't automatically get kicked out of my scope when I get shot. It's something that's always annoyed me, especially in Reach when the mini sniper we like to call the DMR was introduced.

I think it's a nice addition to Halo 4, and it should stay the way it is for Halo 5 and 6.
Quote:
Quote:
What's your source on that? I haven't heard about this.
Bulletin 3.13.13

We’ll have more details at our PAX East panel but would like to confirm that the “X Marker” upon death will be returning, so you’ll soon be notified when and where your teammates are killed by an “X” logo that will appear on your HUD for a brief period. We’re pumped to bring this community request back to life and can’t wait to hear you screaming “ONE SHOT ON MY X!!” in Matchmaking.
That's about them bringing back the red X that appears when a team mate dies. There's nothing about descoping being brought back in there.
I'm fairly certain that if 343 is bringing back the red X, then they'll listen to more of our suggestions and implement them, descoping included.
Whoops about the Red X. I thought I was on a different thread.

Well, as I stated previously, it is obviously too much of a challenge for a whole studio to think of an alternate perk for the Rogue specialization and add
Descope.
De-scoping and the Removal of Sprint should definitely be fought for, Halo needs to get back on track and add its unique qualities back into the game. You know the ones that 343i simply removed for no actual reason.
Quote:
Quote:
Yes.

No, you don't.

I've been a fan of Halo since day one, and personally, I like that I don't automatically get kicked out of my scope when I get shot. It's something that's always annoyed me, especially in Reach when the mini sniper we like to call the DMR was introduced.

I think it's a nice addition to Halo 4, and it should stay the way it is for Halo 5 and 6.
I care very little about the DMR, it is not the issue, the actual Sniper's are the issue. The Flinch mechanic is a uncreative and poor addition to the Halo series and should be removed immediately, it lessens the skill-gap and just promotes bad game play.

Adding de-scoping would also help balance the sand box, and lessen the effect the DMR's, LR's range can have, while making them both more combatable. You may not like getting knocked out of your scope, but it is a much better mechanic and something that has always been in Halo, it works and promotes much better game-play.
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst188208p17_No-Flinch-Add-Descope-or-stay-the-same.aspx

Already a thread to get back descope and remove flinch and its been roughly 88% to bring back descope out of about 900.

And yes descope needs to come back and flinch needs to go. For all weapons obviously.
YES it would actually make BTB fun.

I can handle flinch, but having descope when shot is so much better for the gameplay its insane.
Quote:
Quote:
So if 343 also wants to turn Halo into Call of Duty: Future Warfare then so be it?

If 343 also wants to make Halo: Spartan Cart Racing then so be it?

Just because 343 does something doesn't mean its necessarily the best for Halo. Two words: armor lock. And now I rest my case about designers not being omniscient.

Descoping was put in Halo to promote movement in games. If you have a weapon like the BR, or even worse the mini-sniper aka DMR, and a player can't knock you out of scope, you can bring map movement over huge chunks of maps or even entire maps to a dead stop.

Someone can sit in a base on Ragnarok with a DMR and stop movement over at least half the map because they can't be knocked out of scope.

Honestly the more anyone played Halo 2, 3, and then also Reach and 4, the more they understand the genius in 2 and 3's multiplayer designs, and the faults in Reach and 4's multiplayer designs.
MAKE IT HAPPEN :3
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4