Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

Does ODST have backwards compatibility?

OP PurpleStuffz

I thought it did but my copy isn't reading though reach also isn't reading either.
Funny you mention that because I saw someone on my Xbox 1 friends list playing "Halo 3 ODST Campaign Edition". However, it hasn't been officially announced, so no ODST is not backwards compatible. Reach is though. Might want to check the state of your disc.
Yazite wrote:
Funny you mention that because I saw someone on my Xbox 1 friends list playing "Halo 3 ODST Campaign Edition". However, it hasn't been officially announced, so no ODST is not backwards compatible. Reach is though. Might want to check the state of your disc.
State of the disc is fine it's perfect. I've been reading online that a lot of people have had issues being able to read 360 discs. Thing is it doesn't even give me an error message at all on any of the disc. The console just doesn't register any of them. Blue rays and Xbone discs work fine.
Every time I put a disc in that won't read it keeps getting stuck and the console refused to shut down. This has happened every time I try halo reach on my Xbox one.

Special edition disc don't have an issue do they?
I also tried a hard reset and it won't do it.
No, there is no ODST backwards compatibility and there probably won't be. You can buy H3: ODST for $5 as DLC for MCC.
JJCD wrote:
No, there is no ODST backwards compatability and there probably won't be. You can buy H3: ODST for $5 as DLC for MCC.
I genuinely hope you're wrong and they add backwards compatibility. Everyone says you can get it for $5 for MCC but that is FALSE! You can only get the campaign, not firefight which was a huge and amazing part of the game! They need to either add firefight to MCC or make the whole game backwards compatible. Please go on the backwards compatibility website and vote for this. I have been waiting for 2 years to play odst firefight with my friends on Xbox one like the good old days.
JJCD wrote:
No, there is no ODST backwards compatability and there probably won't be. You can buy H3: ODST for $5 as DLC for MCC.
I genuinely hope you're wrong and they add backwards compatibility. Everyone says you can get it for $5 for MCC but that is FALSE! You can only get the campaign, not firefight which was a huge and amazing part of the game! They need to either add firefight to MCC or make the whole game backwards compatible. Please go on the backwards compatibility website and vote for this. I have been waiting for 2 years to play odst firefight with my friends on Xbox one like the good old days.
What's the website
JJCD wrote:
No, there is no ODST backwards compatibility and there probably won't be. You can buy H3: ODST for $5 as DLC for MCC.
Oh, believe me, I hope I am wrong too! I wish every OG Halo was backwards compatible, sadly that's not the case.
Vote for ODST backwards compatibility here:
https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/298503-backward-compatibility/suggestions/8378421-halo-3-odst

And please leave a comment saying we need it for firefight (the MCC campaign download for $5 does NOT include firefight). Thanks guys. Maybe they'll listen if enough of us chime in.
My DVDs won't play either.
Vote for ODST backwards compatibility here:
https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/298503-backward-compatibility/suggestions/8378421-halo-3-odst

And please leave a comment saying we need it for firefight (the MCC campaign download for $5 does NOT include firefight). Thanks guys. Maybe they'll listen if enough of us chime in.
I need to vote for a ton of games cause not a single 360 game I purchased on the store has become available.

I bought Metal gear sold HD wanting to experience it but the controls were terrible and I never played it again. With button mapping on Xbone it would be insane.
Why are some games not available to vote on?
Well ODST was actually free on MCC for all players for a limited time. Now it's a DLC u have to buy (really, 343?) and MCC does not have Firefight just to clarify which is really sad.

For all those wondering only Halo Reach and Halo Wars were compatible, no other halo games are backward compatible, including ODST. The rest are all available on MCC, with Forge, remastered and classic modes(for Halo 1 and Halo 2) and Multiplauer playlists spanning across games.

Its unfair how they delivered the full content of the other games plus more on MCC but for Halo 3 ODST they just gave us Campaign and nothing more. Firefight was the basic purpose of Halo 3 ODST, 343!

It it would really please the fans if u guys either brought Firefight to MCC or made Halo 3 ODST backward compatible.
CR0N14 wrote:
Well ODST was actually free on MCC for all players for a limited time. Now it's a DLC u have to buy (really, 343?) and MCC does not have Firefight just to clarify which is really sad.

For all those wondering only Halo Reach and Halo Wars were compatible, no other halo games are backward compatible, including ODST. The rest are all available on MCC, with Forge, remastered and classic modes(for Halo 1 and Halo 2) and Multiplauer playlists spanning across games.

Its unfair how they delivered the full content of the other games plus more on MCC but for Halo 3 ODST they just gave us Campaign and nothing more. Firefight was the basic purpose of Halo 3 ODST, 343!

It it would really please the fans if u guys either brought Firefight to MCC or made Halo 3 ODST backward compatible.
THANK YOU! We need more people like you chiming in! I agree I'd be fine with either full backwards compatibility of ODST or add firefight to MCC but I'm so frustrated they've neglected my favorite coop experience and I can't play it with all my friends. I have my 360 still, but the rest of my friends who like firefight don't. We definitely need to get 343 to listen on this. It would be a simple way to appease fans. Heck if that added it as DLC to MCC it would even be a money making venture for very little extra work.
JJCD wrote:
JJCD wrote:
Oh, believe me, I hope I am wrong too! I wish every OG Halo was backwards compatible, sadly that's not the case.
100% agree. But, that's why I plugged in the 360 and have created a new friends list full of avid Halo 3 players.