Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Elite Design

OP GUNSCobra

Looking for the community's opinion, which design of the Elite do you all prefer? The kind of Sleek design they had like in Halo's 1-3 (Debatable, but I see them as the same kind of armor in the end), the kind specialized armors like in Halo Reach, or the bulky and kind of organic design of Halo's 4-5? The Banished Elites count as well, but eh
The Halo 3 design I like the most.
Anything but the H4 and H5 Elites. They do not fit at all.
GUNSCobra wrote:
Looking for the community's opinion, which design of the Elite do you all prefer? The kind of Sleek design they had like in Halo's 1-3 (Debatable, but I see them as the same kind of armor in the end), the kind specialized armors like in Halo Reach, or the bulky and kind of organic design of Halo's 4-5? The Banished Elites count as well, but eh
Halo 2 anniversary design is OP
Anything but H4 & H5. They were way too bulky.

My favourite id H3 though.
I liked Reach's design best. The Generals, SpecOps, Zealots - all pretty sweet designs. Better than the just red/blue/white armored Elites in the first Halo games.
To me Reach has the best design. The armor is varied and looks different enough to be able to tell what kind of elite it is at a glance without being obnoxious as most of 343's designs are.
You can tell its an Ultra because of the white armor and flared helmet. You know its a General because of the gold armor and flared shoulders.
I think the designs also have that alien, quasi-religious look that they should have.
Zardnar wrote:
To me Reach has the best design. The armor is varied and looks different enough to be able to tell what kind of elite it is at a glance without being obnoxious as most of 343's designs are.
You can tell its an Ultra because of the white armor and flared helmet. You know its a General because of the gold armor and flared shoulders.
I think the designs also have that alien, quasi-religious look that they should have.
To me, I really liked the designs of Reach as well, but one thing I think Halo 3 does best is capture the smoothness of the armor with the Combat Harness. And, I am a sucker for the Elite Pilot and do miss it's design along with the old Marine Pilot look. But I do agree!
Just please don't make them look like Gears of Wars characters like in Halo 5. Their boots in the cutscenes looked so ludicrous! I think Halo CE looked the most eerie, athletic, and formidable, so I would go with those.
J HOVA 8 wrote:
Just please don't make them look like Gears of Wars characters like in Halo 5. Their boots in the cutscenes looked so ludicrous! I think Halo CE looked the most eerie, athletic, and formidable, so I would go with those.
Halo CE design experid to Reach and Halo 3